Possible Project - "Death: The High Cost of Living"

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 24, 2008 6:36 am

I just found this article in which Neil Gaiman, the creator of the movie Stardust is talking about his upcoming film projects. And he mentions wanting Ellen to play Death in the adaptation of his own graphic novel of the same name.....Neil Gaiman is a very successful graphic novelist who's written many popular graphic novels which are now becoming movies...and he's going to be directing the movie version of Death...

http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200804/28015796.html

This is the part where he mentions Ellen:

You always start thinking about casting, because it's fun. But the problem with talking about casting is the moment that something is about to be made, it becomes problematic. You might say, "I would love Ellen Page to be Death. I've loved her since 'Hard Candy'; she'd make an amazing Death." And then suddenly you're negotiating for Ellen Page, and you say to her agent, "We can take her or leave her," and then they say, "No, we've seen the interviews. You really want her." You're in a slightly different world out there. If you start saying who you want, if it's going to be real, you want to shut up.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 24, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks for posting there Kat :D

But wouldn't that mean he doesn't want EP because then he would be 'putting it out there' for her agents to see and then he has no negotiating power? :noclue: That's just how I interpreted that comment... but hopefully I'm wrong. I mean, who wouldn't want EP for their movie :wink:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Nov 24, 2008 6:13 pm

I didn't know Neil Gaiman created the movie Stardust. I liked that movie, but it seems a little hokey for him I guess? He has written some really interesting graphic novels, my cousin was really into his "Sandman" comics. I looked them over a little bit, and while I can appreciate his creativity, it's not my style. Although I would definitely see movie's of his because his type of stuff, especially in the capacity of Sandman or his Death characters, would probably be intriguing as a movie.

And Ellen I think would work really well as Death also. She could be another really interesting type of new character, being that Gaiman's idea of death is an attractive dark haired young female which I find strangely captivating. Even though she's death, in the comics she's portrayed as still kind of unnervingly upbeat and capricious, which would make for a very cool character, and Ellen Page playing her would be really amazing, and there's no doubt about that. :biggrin:
Last edited by dodom on Nov 24, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 24, 2008 9:25 pm

OoOo this sounds really cool. Lets hope they really do try to get Ellen for the part and it wasn't just some hypothetical passing comment.
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

interpol17
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 24, 2008 9:50 pm

wooooww that sounds cool even the name sounds good
hopefully Ellen gets that part
that sounds so awesome
:totalhappy:
No matter what everybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
Formerly known as Spain14 :)

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm

it seems that all these possible projects are just the creators wanting her, but not neccessarily approaching her about it. Just think about how many projects out there she has actually been approached to do!

it would be cool to see her in a movie like this though. I wonder if she has read it......I think she said she read graphic novels in an interview once

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 24, 2008 11:47 pm

This seems like it would be a good movie for Ellen to do. That is if they actually want her, but who wouldn't?
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 25, 2008 2:02 am

Sounds cool. I'm going to have to check out the graphic novel even if she doesn't get it offered.

Coolguy19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 25, 2008 3:26 am

This one sounds equally cool along with the Gearhead one, I've read two of Neil Gaiman's books. Coraline and American Gods, which I loved those books. American Gods had my favorite name for the main character, and Ellen being in one of his movies would be cool. I don't know anything else about Neil Gaiman's works though, I've been pretty busy on books as of now.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 25, 2008 5:25 am

angie wrote:it seems that all these possible projects are just the creators wanting her, but not neccessarily approaching her about it. Just think about how many projects out there she has actually been approached to do!

it would be cool to see her in a movie like this though. I wonder if she has read it......I think she said she read graphic novels in an interview once
Angie I agree :agreeing: I bet Ellen has a number of people wanting her for roles...which means she has a lot to pick from....and she can command more $$$...

Closest thing that I would experience like Ellen is the all-you-can-eat buffet at Barnhill's....so much to choose from :D (I guess that is the Southern redneck version)

Now, Ellen playing "death"....interesting. Bet it would be a killer role :D

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 25, 2008 11:16 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote: Now, Ellen playing "death"....interesting. Bet it would be a killer role :D
Good one :rolleye: :laugh:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."