The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 15, 2010 4:08 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Watched the original Swedish one last night at the story and character build up is fantastic. Lisbeth seems to drift between psychotic hard-case to soft-and-sweet girly girly, so it would definately test Ellen's abilities, but she could certainly pull it off no problem. It would be like mixing the ruthlessness of Hayley Stark with the vulnerability of Bliss Cavendar.

But alas, I think I've seen one too many reports that say otherwise:

http://www.movieline.com/2010/08/natali ... tattoo.php
Lisbeth strikes me as similar to Tracey Berkowitz, she seems a tad disturbed, I think it's a role she could nail, but like I said it's probably preferred not to have someone so well-known and cute playing an unknown and ugly character.

it-must-be-love
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Aug 15, 2010 6:38 pm

:loveblind: she will be amazing in the american version of this movie...really...but I also think that the actrees must be an actrees not too famous..
"None but ourselves can free our minds" Bob Marley

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Rooney Mara Gets Coveted Lisbeth Salander Role In 'Dragon Tattoo'

See
http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/rooney- ... on-tattoo/

* Toldja *
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm

DAMM!
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 16, 2010 9:18 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:DAMM!
I told you 15 days ago that Ellen won't get the part :cheekygrin: So this is actually no surprise for me. I hope Fincher is happy with this and it will turn out to be the right choice. Of course, it's a pity Ellen didn't get the chance to play Lisbeth Salander, but I'm sure there are still many other interesting roles for her and the world keeps spinning :yellowink: .
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 16, 2010 11:30 pm

I knew she was almost definitley not Lisbeth, I just always like to have hope. Every film I see without her in always loses a point purely because it doesn't have her in it.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 17, 2010 2:05 am

I saw the original movie earlier this summer and enjoyed it a lot. I think Ellen could have been a great fit for the role, but congrats to Rooney Mara.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 17, 2010 2:11 am

Dominik wrote:
GiveHimTheKick wrote:DAMM!
I told you 15 days ago that Ellen won't get the part :cheekygrin: So this is actually no surprise for me. I hope Fincher is happy with this and it will turn out to be the right choice. Of course, it's a pity Ellen didn't get the chance to play Lisbeth Salander, but I'm sure there are still many other interesting roles for her and the world keeps spinning :yellowink: .

Well it might be for the best, as an American I can admit we have a tendency to screw up great foreign ideas (see Dinner For Schmucks, probably ok but the original was considered fantastic).