The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 31, 2010 3:29 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Just about to post that myself. Interesting that Ellen's still being considered, I hope she gets the part but I really doubt it. :disappointed:
Just speculation on my part but I imagine the producers would be in favor of of Ellen for her box-office draw whereas director Fincher has wanted an unknown face to play Lisbeth. At least Ellen has a shot to blow them all away. Let's wish her luck since it's a role she seems to really want and is fighting for. :thumbsup:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 31, 2010 10:07 pm

I hope Ellen wins the role....it seems to be highly sought after. And, considering the other candidates, Ellen has already done similar roles in Hard Candy, TTF, Mouth to Mouth. She and Daniel Craig would rock playing together

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Aug 01, 2010 1:45 am

I really like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and am so happy to see David Fincher directing it! (Love that guy.) But i don't think he'll cast Ellen - too bad, because in some ways she's perfect for the part: Lisbeth is described as being 4'10" and looking much younger than her age. But she's also very mysterious, and it would be strange to have such a mysterious character played by such a familiar actress.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 01, 2010 6:08 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:I hope Ellen wins the role....it seems to be highly sought after. And, considering the other candidates, Ellen has already done similar roles in Hard Candy, TTF, Mouth to Mouth. She and Daniel Craig would rock playing together
I don't know anything about TGWTDT, other than both my parents and one of my step-parents read the whole series and really liked it, but Ellen Page and Daniel Craig together in a movie... the whole movie could be total garbage and I'd still see and like it just for having the two of them in a movie together.

This movie could really be a breakthrough for Ellen. She had her major first breakthrough into the indie scene with Hard Candy, then became known to the general public with Juno, but a large number of people know the movie and just know her as "that girl who played Juno". A big movie like this could be yet another breakthrough that could really show her diversity as an actress to the public, to show her she's not just that girl who played Juno.

She is perfect for it, tiny, looks young, and she's a tomboy so playing a character who's bisexual would be easy for her. The complaint of a familiar actress playing a mysterious character not working is a bad one. Think about it, if the movie was successful, which I'm sure they're hoping for, then by the 2nd movie the actress would be pretty well known, and by the 3rd, they'd be downright famous, there'd be no mystery at all about them. Ellen plays mysterious, reserved characters well, as seen in The Tracey Fragments. There's really no reason not to cast her.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Actually, Ellen isn't auditioning for the role (anymore), which means the recent reports are completely wrong :rolleye: Do you still want to discuss about the remake or can I close the topic?
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Dominik wrote:Actually, Ellen isn't auditioning for the role (anymore), which means the recent reports are completely wrong :rolleye: Do you still want to discuss about the remake or can I close the topic?
Close it up then and move on :disappointed:

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Let's wait 'til someone IS cast. Anyway, how can you be 100% sure?
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Yup, all articles are extremely controversial and there are a lot of speculations. The best we can do is wait and see :uhoh:
It's not that I don't try being polite, it's just that I fail most of the time.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Dominik wrote:Actually, Ellen isn't auditioning for the role (anymore), which means the recent reports are completely wrong :rolleye: Do you still want to discuss about the remake or can I close the topic?
Since all reports are so contradictory, maybe just leave it open until someone is cast and we know for a fact it's not her. Can't do any real harm. Unless there's direct proof straight from her mouth, then yeah lock it up.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 01, 2010 8:10 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Let's wait 'til someone IS cast. Anyway, how can you be 100% sure?
Let me say it this way: I have my sources :uhoh: :rolleye:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Dominik wrote:
GiveHimTheKick wrote:Let's wait 'til someone IS cast. Anyway, how can you be 100% sure?
Let me say it this way: I have my sources :uhoh: :rolleye:
You all should have recognized Dominik from the "Couch Party" video :laugh: But, seriously, I've learned in the past that "In Dominik we trust" in these matters. ;-)

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Still, just wait.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

You guys thoroughly intrigued me with these series so I thought I should check 'em out. Yesterday I got the first installment - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and so far I love it. It's intelligent, witty and challenging. I recommend it to to those that haven't read it.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Empire just released their lists and Ellen is on the B-list.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/ca ... efault.asp

Although she's like head-honcho after the 4 supposed favourites.

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Aug 13, 2010 2:22 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Empire just released their lists and Ellen is on the B-list.

Haha, I love the C-list xD

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Of course, in Canada Ellen is always number 1 :D http://www.theprovince.com/news/hurtful ... story.html
PAGE TATTOOED WITH VOTES

If Province readers had their way, Daniel Craig would star opposite Canadian actress Ellen Page in the upcoming American adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

The Oscar-nominated actress picked up just over 36 per cent of the 241 votes cast at theprovince. com.

Coming in second place was Natalie Portman with nearly 23 per cent of the vote. Twilight star Kristen Stewart was a distant third with just over 11 per cent.

Below are the full results:

- Natalie Portman, 22.82 per cent

- Ellen Page, 36.51

- Evan Rachel Wood, 5.81

- Jena Malone, 2.9

- Mia Wasikowska, 2.49

- Kristen Stewart, 11.62

- Carey Mulligan, 4.56

- Keira Knightley, 8.30

- Avril Lavigne, 1.24

- Megan Fox, 3.73

© Copyright (c) The Province

Awesome
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Aug 13, 2010 3:10 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Empire just released their lists and Ellen is on the B-list.

I think the Dwarf is going to take it all.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 13, 2010 9:25 pm

JimH wrote:Of course, in Canada Ellen is always number 1 :D http://www.theprovince.com/news/hurtful ... story.html

- Avril Lavigne, 1.24

- Megan Fox, 3.73

Haha, Avril Lavigne was considered?

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:
JimH wrote:Of course, in Canada Ellen is always number 1 :D http://www.theprovince.com/news/hurtful ... story.html

- Avril Lavigne, 1.24

- Megan Fox, 3.73

Haha, Avril Lavigne was considered?
Uh this is weird right when I log on to post something about Ellen the flight attendant on my flight announced where the connection to Halifax was at JFK Airport hahaha.

Highly doubt it, there was probably a write-in choice and a bunch of fans would write her in.

My whole family is a bit disappointed Ellen's out of contention, both my parents and my stepdad love the books and my mom shares my feelings about Juno being the best movie ever, so it would've been neat. I have to admit I have a feeling the American version could screw it up, so maybe it's for the best.

My dad just pointed out that Lisbeth is supposed to be unattractive. While the top 4 choices aren't exactly unattractive, they fit in a different category of attractive. Ellen fits into the cute category and I guess if the character is supposedly unattractive and anonymous, I can see how a well-known, cute actress might not be the optimal choice, regardless of talent.

Awesome wrote:

I think the Dwarf is going to take it all.
What are you talking about?!?!?!?! It's all The Swedish Chef, seriously, he has it in the bag. I'll bet everyone on this site twenty-five moofins each.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Watched the original Swedish one last night at the story and character build up is fantastic. Lisbeth seems to drift between psychotic hard-case to soft-and-sweet girly girly, so it would definately test Ellen's abilities, but she could certainly pull it off no problem. It would be like mixing the ruthlessness of Hayley Stark with the vulnerability of Bliss Cavendar.

But alas, I think I've seen one too many reports that say otherwise:

http://www.movieline.com/2010/08/natali ... tattoo.php