Rideau Hall and other hard to get shows

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
ltjfleetwood41
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 07, 2009 11:07 pm

has ANYONE seen this show?
i Think we should start a spot to help everyone find copies or ways to see some of the rarer Page movies and shows.
Also we should make requests
I will start
"ReGenesis"... is on hulu
Youtube has
Wilby Wonderful
"Trailer Park Boys
Marion Bridge
I STILL cannot find for the life of me/ Can anyone help
Going for Broke
Touch & Go
Rideau Hall
The Wet Season
Love that boy

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 07, 2009 11:36 pm

I believe Dominik has some of these listed under the menu item: Fan Corner from the Homepage: http://www.ellenpageonline.com/
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 08, 2009 2:52 am

ltjfleetwood41 wrote:I STILL cannot find for the life of me/ Can anyone help
Going for Broke
Touch & Go
Rideau Hall
The Wet Season
Love that boy
"Going for Broke" is offered on E-Bay once in a while as a bootleg DVD copy, it also comes on Lifetime Movie Network from time to time. I taped it so I have a copy. :)

"Touch and Go" is available from Amazon Canada, last time I checked.

"Rideau Hall" sorry can't help ya, I don't know if anyone has seen the pilot.

"The Wet Season" is available on DVD, see thread in General Movies room.

"Love That Boy" is available from Amazon if you're willing to spend the bucks.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 08, 2009 3:03 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote: "Going for Broke" is offered on E-Bay once in a while as a bootleg DVD copy, it also comes on Lifetime Movie Network from time to time. I taped it so I have a copy. :)
Its actually a 2 VCD set from Hong Kong and its legit, I own a copy.

EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 09, 2009 6:55 am

I have a copy of "Touch and go" if anyone is interested... Brand new, it's been watched once. Mint condition. $35+$5 S&H. Just trying to get what I paid for it. If your interested PM me! Thanks!

Strawberry_Letter23
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 10, 2009 12:52 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
JerseyDevil65 wrote: "Going for Broke" is offered on E-Bay once in a while as a bootleg DVD copy, it also comes on Lifetime Movie Network from time to time. I taped it so I have a copy. :)

I kinda doubt that you have a "legit" copy of Going For Broke. To my knowledge, the Lifetime Network, which owns the copyrights to Going For Broke have never officially released a dvd of that film, themselves. And they own it! If anyone could release an official legit version, it would be them.

What you have, I believe, is an asian bootleg.

BTW, Homeless to Harvard can now be found on Youtube. Ellen is in the first part of the movie, and only for about 5-10 minutes at most.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 10, 2009 1:55 am

Strawberry_Letter23 wrote: I kinda doubt that you have a "legit" copy of Going For Broke. To my knowledge, the Lifetime Network, which owns the copyrights to Going For Broke have never officially released a dvd of that film, themselves. And they own it! If anyone could release an official legit version, it would be them.

What you have, I believe, is an asian bootleg.
Deltamac is one of the largest film and television distributors in Asia. They are the exclusive Hong Kong distributors of 20th Century Fox, MGM, Paramount, DreamWorks, Warner Brothers and the BBC. If Paramount makes a film called "Going For Broke", which they did, and their Asian distributor approaches them about selling it overseas, then it can be legitimately sold there.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 10, 2009 8:40 am

bluetoes591 wrote:Deltamac is one of the largest film and television distributors in Asia. They are the exclusive Hong Kong distributors of 20th Century Fox, MGM, Paramount, DreamWorks, Warner Brothers and the BBC. If Paramount makes a film called "Going For Broke", which they did, and their Asian distributor approaches them about selling it overseas, then it can be legitimately sold there.
I'm going to agree with Milo. The VCD is even listed on Deltamac's website, so I highly doubt it's a bootleg/illegal distribution or the company is violating (international) laws.

Besides, the movie is - completely legal - available on DVD in Germany and Poland. Both editions have an English audio track and you can purchase the Polish one for around 10 dollars :) (see also EPO fancorner)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 10, 2009 2:19 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:

Thats not a bootleg. There are bootlegs out there. A guy was selling them on E-Bay and Half.com, they had the original TV commercials and no artwork.

Strawberry_Letter23
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Well, glad to hear that it's not a bootleg afterall. Since there are so many asian bootleg dvds out there, and because there is no official north american dvd release for Going for Broke, I assumed that it was a bootleg version.

Lifetime has released a lot of their other movies on dvd here in North America, I wonder why they haven't done so for GFB?

BTW, if you are interested in purchasing a dvd copy of this film for region 1, you can get it here:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/124698409?e=1

Someone taped the show from an airing on the Lifetime network and is now selling it for a mere $5 USD. Hope this ok to post, Dom. If not, remove the link. I'm only posting it because of the difficulty of obtaining GFB for Ellen's north american fans whose dvd players don't support vcd or region 2 discs.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Strawberry_Letter23 wrote: BTW, if you are interested in purchasing a dvd copy of this film for region 1, you can get it here:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/124698409?e=1

Someone taped the show from an airing on the Lifetime network and is now selling it for a mere $5 USD. Hope this ok to post, Dom. If not, remove the link. I'm only posting it because of the difficulty of obtaining GFB for Ellen's north american fans whose dvd players don't support vcd or region 2 discs.
What he's doing is illegal and I am surprised he is able to get away with it.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm

JerseyDevil65 wrote: What he's doing is illegal and I am surprised he is able to get away with it.
By cleverly misspelling the word description you can get away with anything. :biggrin:

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 14, 2010 12:12 am

SageAndPage wrote:I have a copy of "Touch and go" if anyone is interested... Brand new, it's been watched once. Mint condition. $35+$5 S&H. Just trying to get what I paid for it. If your interested PM me! Thanks!
PM sent. And I just spent $55 American on Amazon.

Watch, I'll buy this and it'll get a re-release :rolleyes: same thing happened with "To Kill A Mockingbird."
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.