Which movie of Ellen are waiting for ?

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
Jacinto

Nov 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm can't stand waiting for "Smart People" to be out in France... on April 15th ! Arg ! :weeping:
Is anyone else is waiting for movies which are not out yet (except in the UK/USA/CANADA) ?
Jacinto hopes that one day he could meet Ellen in Paris.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 16, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm surprised that film still hasn't been released in France. Though I suppose it wasn't particularly popular, at least not here anyway.

It would have been nice if Tracey Fragments and American Crime were released over here, but as I've already seen them it doesn't matter too much.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 17, 2008 6:22 am

Whip It! Woohoo! Also looking forward to the company that I shall be watching it with too :wink:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 17, 2008 6:31 am

I'm looking more forward to Peacock than I am Whip It. I dunno, it's probably just because I got to see little glimpses of the locations so I'm interested to see how it all looks on film. Also, Cillian Murphy is badass.
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 17, 2008 6:40 am

Probably Whip It. LOVE the cast.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 17, 2008 7:16 am

Definitely Whip It! Its got three things I like in movies: Comedy, sports, and Ellen :D

Of course I want to see Peacock (the script really geeked me over it). Also I hope Jane Eyre gets made....saw the version filmed in the 1940s so I wanna see how Ellen compares to Joan Fontaine (Jane Eyre)...wonder who is playing Rochester?

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Chelsea in Whip It! Not bothered about this Page girl :rolleye: :laugh:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Just
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 18, 2008 10:10 am

I'm looking forward to both Whip It! & Peacock.
Although Peacock is more my sort of film.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 18, 2008 10:16 am

LostPilgrim wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Chelsea in Whip It! Not bothered about this Page girl :rolleye: :laugh:
This makes two of us :thumbup: I can't wait to see her on the big screen and I really hope she gets some screentime :cheering:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 18, 2008 10:57 pm

I can't wait to see Peacock!!! I love love love Cillian Murphy and him plus Ellen = my kinda movie. :hearteyes:

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 29, 2008 5:25 am

I can't believe I'm saying this but I just have to get it off my chest.
I'm changing my answer. Yes, whip it has an amazing cast.
But I just got done reading the script and to be honest with you...i didn't like it. I'm sad.

and honestly, I didn't even finish it. I read about 50 pages and didn't want to read on. Well, at least I know my girl Ellen can do amazing work with whatever she's in....(after all, she was in I Downloaded a Ghost)

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 29, 2008 5:36 am

CinemaDust wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this but I just have to get it off my chest.
I'm changing my answer. Yes, whip it has an amazing cast.
But I just got done reading the script and to be honest with you...i didn't like it. I'm sad.

and honestly, I didn't even finish it. I read about 50 pages and didn't want to read on. Well, at least I know my girl Ellen can do amazing work with whatever she's in....(after all, she was in I Downloaded a Ghost)
Aw I worried that that script might be weak just because the concept of the film didn't really jump out at me as being so great when I first heard about it. I'm sure Ellen will still be great and has put her all into the role though. Can you say what it was specifically that you felt the script dropped the ball on? Without being too specific though....like was the dialogue bad? or....

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 29, 2008 7:13 am

Well. It tried too hard to make Bliss seem "rebellious, and unique and what have you" like "ohhhh she listens to The Clash, she is SO punk rock" I don't know. and I've seen her mom's character before. All that keeps coming to my head is "Slap Her, She's French (She Gets What She Wants)" It was kinda like that. and there were just other scenes that seemed to be trying to hard to be a cute little indie LIKE movie like Juno or something. I don't know. It just didn't seem sincere.

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 29, 2008 7:23 am

CinemaDust wrote:Well. It tried too hard to make Bliss seem "rebellious, and unique and what have you" like "ohhhh she listens to The Clash, she is SO punk rock" I don't know. and I've seen her mom's character before. All that keeps coming to my head is "Slap Her, She's French (She Gets What She Wants)" It was kinda like that. and there were just other scenes that seemed to be trying to hard to be a cute little indie LIKE movie like Juno or something. I don't know. It just didn't seem sincere.
I was afraid this movie was gonna be trying too hard to be like Juno.....well, thanks for being honest. :)

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 29, 2008 1:31 pm

lindsay! how'd u get a hold of the script?! and i am totally looking forward to this movie after seeing roller derby live. but it's unfortunate about the script.....it doesn't matter though....I'm sure there have been re-writes and ad-lib stuff, and at least the cast is good and hopefully Drew makes it work and really turns it into a great movie despite the terrible script. and I know what you mean by that movie, though I did like Piper Perabo's character in it.....she's hott, in that sort of innocent dichotomy kind of way :sassy:

Baboon
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Nov 29, 2008 1:39 pm

CinemaDust wrote:Well. It tried too hard to make Bliss seem "rebellious, and unique and what have you" like "ohhhh she listens to The Clash, she is SO punk rock"
I'm trying not to read the script, but I did read that little snippet and I feel the exact same way. I hate movies that name drop bands like that.

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 29, 2008 3:42 pm

I know I bashed She Gets What She Wants...but I've watched it probably like a good 3 times. (and more times just watching here and there when it was on tv) HA. I'm lame. I just try to make up excuses that it's because I like Piper. She IS hot...in a well, just plain old hot way.

There's alot of movies that I LOVE, that if I read the script, I would have probably hated it. So we shall see what happens. Ellen isn't dumb and has made some excellent film choices. Like I said, that cast is just ridiculous. So if all else fails, I'll just buy the dvd and put it on mute. HA. JK
Last edited by CinemaDust on Nov 30, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Baboon wrote:
CinemaDust wrote:Well. It tried too hard to make Bliss seem "rebellious, and unique and what have you" like "ohhhh she listens to The Clash, she is SO punk rock"
I'm trying not to read the script, but I did read that little snippet and I feel the exact same way. I hate movies that name drop bands like that.
I actually really liked the script, though I admit the bands it kept mentioning were a bit predictable.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 29, 2008 6:17 pm

CinemaDust wrote:Well. It tried too hard to make Bliss seem "rebellious, and unique and what have you" like "ohhhh she listens to The Clash, she is SO punk rock" I don't know. and I've seen her mom's character before. All that keeps coming to my head is "Slap Her, She's French (She Gets What She Wants)" It was kinda like that. and there were just other scenes that seemed to be trying to hard to be a cute little indie LIKE movie like Juno or something. I don't know. It just didn't seem sincere.
Sounds like more ammo for the "typecast" chanters. That makes me a bit sad, but thanks for the honest opinion of the script. Now I may have to read it for myself so I can form my own opinion of it.

Ah well, at least Peacock has a pretty unique script. It's going to be quite an interesting movie. :)
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Nov 30, 2008 3:27 am

I'd like to see Whip It!, in part because I think it's the next EP movie coming out. I just read the script and thought it was pretty good. It's kind of amazing to me how the script can make its scenes stand well alone and at the same time flow together as an organic whole. The writing seemed really energetic, and there were a lot of pretty clever lines...and the charcter names were kind of cute.

I mean you could say that the script had too many cliches (it did :noclue:) and Ellen's mom's character needed some developing, but I'm still looking forward to the movie and think Ellen will make a great Bliss. :)