Animated feature by Henry Anderson III

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

[News Thread] Ellen to voice Izzy in "Robodog"

Post by Dominik » Oct 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Robodog

ROBODOG is a classic, heart-warming adventure story about an unlikely duo who couldn’t be more different. KC (Kinetic Canine) is a bright, energetic but overzealous robotic dog, while MARSHALL is an old, curmudgeonly “real” dog, set in his ways and has little patience for anything new. This canine odd couple embarks on the adventure of a lifetime where each will learn the true nature of friendship, and not to judge a book by its cover.

Director: Henry Anderson III (Stuart Little)
Producer: Paul Wang (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie)
Production Company: Marza Animation Planet (Harlock: Space Pirate, Sonic Night of the Werehog)
Writers: Robert Reece and William Schneider
Editor: Tom Finan (Mr Peabody & Sherman)
Cast: Ellen Page (X-Men Franchise, To Rome With Love, Inception, Juno), Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Tangled, Sons of Anarchy, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters), Rainn Wilson (The Office, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Monsters vs Aliens, Juno), Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club, Escape From Planet Earth, Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and Edward James Olmos (2 Guns, Battlestar Galatica, Stand and Deliver)

The Story

KC arrives as a special birthday gift from the well-to-do Morgan family for their only daughter, ASHLEY. From the moment that KC arrives, everyone is thrilled and charmed by his antics. He’s a dancing, music machine built to entertain, and no one does it better. KC quickly becomes Ashley’s BFF… Best Furry Friend. He leads a charmed life, but it’s not the life of a dog. It’s the life of a high-end toy. When KC takes a tumble while showing off, he gets damaged and is sent out to be repaired. He doesn’t realise it, but his life is about to change forever.

After being dropped off by the tearful Ashley at a robotics shop run by MIKE LUNA and his daughter IZZY (ELLEN PAGE), KC sits alone on the repair shelf waiting to be fixed. The earthy repair shop couldn’t be more different from the opulent Morgan home. KC feels like a fish out of water when a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows. It’s MARSHALL (RON PERLMAN), the Luna family guard dog. Marshall is a gruff old mutt who takes an immediate dislike to the young KC. KC’s not used to being challenged and dismisses Marshall. At the same time, KC can’t help be somewhat fascinated by the first “real” dog that he’s ever met.

Shortly after KC is repaired, he is stolen from the robotics shop by a couple of opportunistic bikers, VIK (RAINN WILSON) and BOBBY (STEVE ZAHN). As the ever the dutiful guard dog, Marshall takes the theft personally and pursues the bikers, determined that KC won’t be stolen on his watch. After finding the thieves at their hideout, KC and MARHALL escape into uncharted territory, all the while bickering like an old married couple.

Pursued by Vik and Bobby, KC and Marshall are thrown into a series of thrilling adventures. They battle with a pack of street dogs in an abandoned iron foundry, led by an old enemy TRAZEN (EDWARD JAMES OLMOS), get swept down a turbulent river, all the while being pursued by Vik and Bobby who, fuelled by revenge, are getting closer by the day. The only way that KC and Marshall will survive is if they learn to work together and trust each other. Can they put aside their differences long enough to elude their pursuers and make it back to their respective homes?

ROBODOG is a story of friendship. It’s about appreciating what’s inside, regardless of the packaging. An old dog can have his preconceptions overturned and become young again, and a mechanical dog made of circuits, gears and carbon fibre can prove himself to be loyal, brave and trustworthy.

Source: http://www.timelessfilms.co.uk
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by plexus » Oct 09, 2014 12:56 pm

I was about to write "YEAHH, a new movie with Ellen", but it seems her part isn't that big ... again. In the IMDb she's not even listed. (yet?!)

Ellen, Ellen, Ellen, you not nice to your fans. <-- this is rhetorical, I know she's not reading this

Well, could be worse.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by CommanderKool » Oct 27, 2014 11:32 pm

You know, I've always wanted to see Ellen give her voice for an animated feature. It's just a shame that they cast her as a background character that we will probably only see once throughout the entire film. People in Hollywood need to realize that she is an extremely talented actress who deserves more than just the background role.

I'm pretty sure that her fanbase as a whole wants to see her in more leading roles than just being killed off. Just once we'd like to see her make it to the end credits. Personally, I feel it isn't fair to her and her career that her talents are being wasted on minor roles. She is well aware that she can do more, and I'm positive that her fanbase agrees.

Maybe someday Hollywood will get their heads out of their asses, but until that day comes then I guess we will just have to deal with it and continue to go to the movies anyway.
Be your own hero

Hurricane
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Post by Hurricane » Oct 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Don't forget that she's not a voice actress. It's quite a difference in my view.

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by plexus » Oct 28, 2014 12:46 pm

CommanderKool wrote:... People in Hollywood need to realize that she is an extremely talented actress who deserves more than just the background role.

... it isn't fair to her and her career that her talents are being wasted on minor roles ...

Maybe someday Hollywood will get their heads out of their asses, but until that day comes then I guess we will just have to deal with it and continue to go to the movies anyway.
I'd like to agree with you there, and I like to blame as much as I can on Hollywood, but in this case (or these cases), the blame is on Ellen.
She doesn't want to play big roles (she said that herself). I'm pretty sure she gets one script a week from a major studio or producer offering her a major role.
Would be interesting to know what parts she turned down in the past.

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by CommanderKool » Oct 29, 2014 2:27 am

That's so weird though. Why not want major roles? I mean, yeah I guess I can see some possible downsides to it all but still. It would be nice to see her in more leading roles than just a background character.
Be your own hero

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by plexus » Oct 29, 2014 12:51 pm

I can understand that, I think the hype about 'Juno' (and her Oscar nomination) and 'Inception' scared her away from fame.
And to avoid fame, especially as a young, beautiful, talented actress, you have to stay in the background.

Sad, but true.

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by CommanderKool » Nov 13, 2014 3:02 am

This is true, but both of those films are old enough (especially Juno) for the hype to have gone down at least somewhat. However, "Into The Forest" and "Freeheld", she'll be playing major roles. I mean those are more indie films than anything else.

Who knows what the future holds for our Tiny Canadian leader.
Be your own hero