X-Men: Days of Future Past - News Thread

Ellen returns as Kitty Pryde

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 05, 2013 1:27 am

Yeah, it's too bad Ellen won't be able to play the lead role. I can't say I'm surprised, though. They did all they could to make Wolverine grow more popular with each movie. I'm gonna see this movie, as I do with every movie Ellen is in, but I hope she gets screen time in more than one or two scenes.
If we don't all pull together, then stop the world, I wanna get off...

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 10, 2013 3:26 am

It just sucks, though. It's like the media ONLY focuses on Wolverine, and it's not fair. He's not the only X-Men to ever be created. God forbid that there be a FEMALE-led superhero movie, and...oh no...IT DOES WELL IN THE BOX OFFICE. This was originally Kitty Pryde's comic, and they completely ex-ed her out of it. In both character and story.

They better not screw her over, and give her little to no screen time or else all of us are going to rage pretty hard. :mad2:
Be your own hero

WhiteGlint
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm

CommanderKool wrote:It just sucks, though. It's like the media ONLY focuses on Wolverine, and it's not fair. He's not the only X-Men to ever be created. God forbid that there be a FEMALE-led superhero movie, and...oh no...IT DOES WELL IN THE BOX OFFICE. This was originally Kitty Pryde's comic, and they completely ex-ed her out of it. In both character and story.

They better not screw her over, and give her little to no screen time or else all of us are going to rage pretty hard. :mad2:
Well, you definately got a point there. I can't remember any superhero movie with a female lead.
Who'll stop the rain?

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 11, 2013 6:18 am

My point exactly!
Be your own hero

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Well, I don't know if it counts as a superhero, but Elektra was played by Jennifer Garner in a movie several years ago. It's the only one I can think of, though. I doubt a female-focused superhero movie would do as well at the box office as the male-led ones, which proves there's still a lot of inequality in the indsutry.

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 11, 2013 6:45 pm

There's a lot of inequality in the film industry, and I feel bad for Ellen. She works hard at her films, and this is just really upsetting.

Screw it. One day I will write a movie for Ellen, and it's going to do so well in the box office all of Hollywood is going to crap their pants.
Be your own hero

WhiteGlint
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 11, 2013 9:28 pm

SinnerAlbion wrote:Well, I don't know if it counts as a superhero, but Elektra was played by Jennifer Garner in a movie several years ago. It's the only one I can think of, though. I doubt a female-focused superhero movie would do as well at the box office as the male-led ones, which proves there's still a lot of inequality in the indsutry.
And Halle Berry as Catwoman. Box office of both films didn't do so well, but the fact that both movies had a female main character can't be the reason for this.
There are a lot of good movies with female lead, a superhero movie can't be that different.
But it's all about the money, so they take the safe way and make Wolverine main character of the movie.
Who'll stop the rain?

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I wonder what will be of the X-Men franchise if Hugh Jackman gets tired of playing Wolverine someday...

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 12, 2013 10:25 pm

well there are so many other interesting x-men and x-men first class shows me that it works just fine without him.
Not Today!

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 13, 2013 1:49 am

I hope so, because he had much more character development than any other one in the series. His 2 movies helped with that as well.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 15, 2013 2:22 am

WhiteGlint wrote: There are a lot of good movies with female lead.
Are you sure about that? There are very few movies that have a true female lead character.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

WhiteGlint
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 15, 2013 12:24 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:
WhiteGlint wrote: There are a lot of good movies with female lead.
Are you sure about that? There are very few movies that have a true female lead character.
Thinking about it, I'm not so sure anymore. :doubtful:
Well, one movie that comes to my mind is Alien. But that is just one...
Who'll stop the rain?

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Well I would say in indie movies is the are female lead roles more common, but without a doubt are there in general a lot more male lead characters.
Not Today!

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

Guys. I think it's time we all came together and wrote Ellen a movie with her as the female lead.

Let's do it guys. We can pull it off.
Be your own hero

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Leon123 wrote:Well I would say in indie movies is the are female lead roles more common, but without a doubt are there in general a lot more male lead characters.
Maybe people think it's unusual that a female is the hero in a story. Stories lead by females usually focus on weaknesses, which is stupid but maybe even in storytelling common (old) gender roles are still present.
CommanderKool wrote:Guys. I think it's time we all came together and wrote Ellen a movie with her as the female lead.
Let's do it guys. We can pull it off.
As if not every true Ellen fan has a "The Perfect Ellen Page Movie" script in their drawer. ;)
But seriously: I already posted some ideas in an very old thread: http://board.ellen-page.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=813
Reading them now is pretty embarrassing. :unhappy:
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 16, 2013 3:56 pm

I had a funny idea the other day. What would it be like to see Ellen play a juggler of some kind? Since she learned how to do it in real life, it could be an interesting opportunity for her to use her ability, haha. :D I have no ideas for the plot, though.

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 16, 2013 9:56 pm

See guys? We're incredibly creative, and I even have some wild ideas for films for her to do! That and for films in general that I want to do.

Either way, I think if we all brainstormed and worked together as a team we could pull it off! We could make history, guys!
Be your own hero

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Okay, I had an idea for a plot. A waitress who works at night in a remote café, played by Ellen, witnesses a murder while going home by herself at 3 a.m. (just an example). 2 nights after, one of her friends from the café goes missing. Melissa (Ellen's character) always enjoyed reading crime stories, but now that she finds herself a character in one of these stories, it's not that fun anymore. As she goes deeper into it, she starts uncovering the truth. But the killer knows where she works. And maybe where she lives.

Well, these are just the basics. Feel free to give your opinions, add elements you think would be beneficial to the plot and etc.

I thought about making Ellen's character a Journalism student at university during the day. Although it could make more sense to the story, Ellen would have to play a younger role once again. I thought about naming the friend Jenny, as well. What do you guys think? Tell me your thoughts about it. :totalhappy:

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Sounds interesting for the start.
But I think we should do a separate thread for that matter. Because were spamming this one a bit. :)
Not Today!

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I thought the same, haha. We're talking too much about things not related to X-Men. :lol2: