Ellen in Lynn Shelton's new organic movie

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Saw It At Sundance London!

Post by GiveHimTheKick » May 02, 2013 8:41 pm

It's been a while since I've been on here but here goes:

Just saw Touchy Feely at Sundance London this past weekend and I've got to say, I really, really loved it. It's very much a quiet indie film, incredibly human (like most of Lynne Shelton's films) and with some very real characters.

Ellen is great, but it's not a stand-out performance like some of her other roles; the whole cast are phenomenal. Her chemistry with Josh Pais who plays her father in particular is spot-on and she makes a lot of great emotional moments in the movie. In terms of where it sets in her list of memorable roles, it's not exactly right up there since it's quite a quiet little film and she's a supporting character, but it's certainly another fantastic performance.

I also got the chance to meet Lynne Shelton after the film and she was really lovely and welcoming. She talked about Ellen being a great "force" in the movie and how she got involved through Catherine Keener and eventually brought in Alison Janney onto the project too.

In conclusion: Touchy Feely is a total success.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Saw It At Sundance London!

Post by Dominik » May 11, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm glad you liked the movie and you got to meet its directors. Also thanks for the report and review! :thumbup: :thumbsup:
Touchy Feely will get a (likely limited) theatrical release in the US in September btw.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.