The East - Blu-ray release

Thriller about a group of eco terrorists

Topic author
Jessevolanti1976
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Oct 04, 2013 1:50 am

Blu Ray & The East Rocks !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyday is a new day - we can change our past - look forward to a better tomorrow ✌

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Oct 04, 2013 1:42 pm

..and I say it sucks for the following reasons:

All of the behind-the-scenes and making of featurettes were already available on YouTube and have officially been posted by Fox Searchlight when the Blu-ray came out. Considering director Zal Batmanglij has outed himself as a "huge fan" of deleted scenes and almost 20 minutes were cut for the theatrical PG-13 version, the included scenes are a bad joke. The first is an additional environment video with amateur actors (2 min), then there is "Izzy's Room" with Sarah (Marling) briefly checking a room (1 min) and another one called "The Escape" showing Tess (Danielle Macdonald) after The East's shelter has been infiltrated (20 sec). Furthermore, they only put one of the two existing alternative endings on the disc. Why? Overall, the bonus material is rather disappointing and I feel scammed by this release somehow :thumbdown: In other words, I can't recommend buying it.

PS: Do you want to set a new world record?! "Creating the most threads within 24 hours"
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
Jessevolanti1976
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Oct 05, 2013 5:45 am

I like the film it kind of reminded me a lot like mouth to mouth or similar but more of a of what really is going on with corporate businesses. Besides your right the behind the scenes are not what we are used to. But they were shooting on a stricked budget. They filmed it very fast I think it was 2 weeks maybe more because of Ellen's schedules. But it did well as an indi film. ♣
Last edited by Jessevolanti1976 on Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday is a new day - we can change our past - look forward to a better tomorrow ✌

vlad
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 21, 2013 12:41 pm

In Italy was not released in BR :sigh: , only in dvd (I ordered my copy, it was released on 20 of November). I hope that I will see an italian version of Blu Ray in 2014.
Credo che tutto sommato, il Paradiso possa attendere.