Ellen Page infiltrates 'The East'

Thriller about a group of eco terrorists

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 03, 2011 2:31 pm

The production of the movie has been started in Shreveport, Louisiana :)
Movie filming is expected to continue today in Shreveport. Crews from the movie “The East” have been filming scenes at Hamel Memorial Park on the river front. The park has been closed to the public. The movie stars Britt Marling, Ellen Page and Alexander Skaarsgard.
Source: 710keel.com

This is what the location looks like:
Hamel Memorial Park | Hamel's Park, located south on Clyde Fant Parkway on the Shreveport riverfront,
has a clean, cleared look about it that is not only designed to attract visitors, but keep them safer as well.

And finally, two recent tweets from actor Aldis Hodge:
Just finished filming my first nude scene. Wasn't as bad as I thought with the exception of being in a freezing lake.
@LadyLongLegz7 not for leverage. The nude scene was for my film "The East"
Source: Twitter / Twitter
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

venusice
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 03, 2011 4:12 pm

They're are going to absolutely freeze! :laugh:

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 03, 2011 9:17 pm

I wish Ellen would be more active on twitter. :(

studnothin
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 04, 2011 7:04 pm

► Show Spoiler
can't wait to see those "actin' chops"
Last edited by Dominik on Nov 04, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please put spoilers in spoiler tags!
Though, I don't know how well a crushed lunchbox with a spear through it would work...

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 14, 2011 12:15 pm

First pics from the cast + filming locations
"This is how Shiloh Fernandez [ Luca or Thumbs or Nick ] and I (Danielle Macdonald [ Tess ]) spend our time when not working..haha"
Posted by Danielle Macdonald on November 10, 2011
"No luck seeing our Viking vampire god [Alexander Skarsgard], but we did see the house where his new movie is being filmed :)"
[...] "They had security at the film site. I heard someone say they were working til 2 AM."
Posted by Lori Junkin Laukart on November 12, 2011

venusice
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Getting antsy for any news on Ellen. She's so good at keeping a low profile. Too good :laugh:

(She was at Walmart though, which I find hilarious. I bet she hated it but had no choice)

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 01, 2011 12:07 am

It looks like they are having trouble getting enough extras :dead:
MALES ASAP to work next WEDNESDAY 11/16 on "The East"(SHREVEPORT)
Tara Duncil
NOW-Needing more MALES ASAP to work next WEDNESDAY 11/16 on "The East" which stars Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood) . MUST be available ALL DAY & NIGHT. TYPES/LOOKS-military/business/upscale over 30. SHREVEPORT PLZ! no more new york, cali, italy timbukto email ASAP (need your sizes for wardrobe today!) photo, sizes and contact info to: $$
Source: talentservices.biz
[Update] November 30, 2011 - Some fresh information from one of the writers/producers/actors
Brit Marling Says 'The East' Has An Undercurrent Of "Revolution And Rebellion" In The Story
by Todd Gilchrist | November 30, 2011

Just a year ago, Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij were scrambling to finish their debut collaboration, “Sound of My Voice,” to have it ready in time for the Sundance Film Festival. Speaking last week to Marling from the Shreveport, LA set of their follow-up, “The East,” the multitalented actress seemed enormously grateful for the opportunities she and Batmanglij are currently enjoying, even if Hollywood hasn’t yet quite written them a blank check.

“Working on this film has been like pretty stunning,” Marling told The Playlist via telephone on Friday. “Zal just pulls off these incredibly ambitious days every day; I feel like we’re making a movie that needs 60 days in like half the time. But it’s going really, really well, and it’s cool making a movie someone you’ve been working with for years, because you know each other so well at this point that you kind of even don’t have to talk about a lot of stuff. You just know, and it’s nice because there’s a short hand there. So it’s going well.”

Marling spoke to The Playlist to commemorate the home video release of “Another Earth,” her other breakthrough film. Discussing “The East,” she suggested that the three films share in common ideas that polarize people – even the people who participate in making them. “Because the story is so kind of divisive, it kind of attracts its own tribe, and really repels people who wouldn’t be interested,” she said of “The East.” “So everybody is so committed, it actually reminds me of ‘Sound of My Voice’ in the sense that ‘Sound of My Voice’ was made with very little money, and that was kind of a good way for vetting people.”

“People only get involved if they really love the story,” she continued. “So everyone comes to work every day not because they’re getting a huge paycheck, but because they really believe in the movie – and that makes everyone work harder.”

When asked what the film is about, Marling herself wasn’t sure what she could reveal, but she indicated it followed in the footsteps of her previous work with Batmanglij, which featured two characters investigating a cult. “To be honest, I don’t know how much I’m allowed to say either,” she admitted. “But it’s funny – Zal and I are always interested in themes of espionage and infiltration. I don’t know why that keeps coming up as something we’re interested in writing about, but it’s a story about an infiltration into an anarchist collective.” She pointed out that its themes feel particularly relevant right now given the sense of political unrest that has recently seized the world, and the United States in particular.

“I think we’re all sort of struggling with this right now,” Marling said. “Occupy Wall Street certainly has shown there’s a general sense of unrest in like how do we live our lives and how do we construct meaningful existences and what’s going on in the world. Like the system hasn’t been designed very well, so how do we design a better one? So fueling that is this undercurrent of revolution and rebellion that’s just in the world right now, and there’s a lot of that in this story.”

In between “Sound of My Voice” and “The East,” Marling worked as an actress on Robert Redford’s next film, “The Company You Keep.” She indicated she learned a lot from the experience that she was able to apply to “The East,” not the least of which being the simple truth that very often less is more. “There were spaces in scenes in which in the shooting of them, I’d be like, oh, I don’t actually need to say that,” she explained. “Like if the movie is doing its work, that’s already there, you know? And I guess maybe a lot of that stuff, you figure out in editing that you don’t need and you cut, but it’s better to make a cut sooner because the performance carries some of the weight of the pause instead of an editing pause.”

Marling also said that she was emboldened by the commitment she saw from her costars in “The Company You Keep,” which reminded her how important it is to be fully invested in each project you take on. “I think it’s been a similar thing on ‘The East’ - it’s the kind of movie that people do because they have to, like they feel somehow compelled, that the story is significant,” she observed. “I feel like I’ve been really lucky in that respect, to work on a story where the actors all come with that homework and preparation to the table. It’s astounding, because when you write something, I think you’re worried, is it ever going to translate to an audience? And when the actors come and they push the text farther than you ever even imagined, and they get it as much as you did, or even moreso, even more deeply, then you sort of step back and go, like, wow, there’s a chance that these ideas could enter an audience of strangers with these actors as the custodians of it. It’s a tremendous thing to watch.”

In spite of the sense of collaboration she said she feels on the film, she said she’s equally eager to let audiences see it, especially since she thinks they’re the ultimate judges of what those efforts create. “I’m excited for the part where the story meets the world, and the audience tells you what you made,” she said enthusiastically. “Because you don’t really know – I certainly felt that with ‘Another Earth’ too, because we haven’t really seen ‘Sound of My Voice’ meet its full audience yet, but ‘Another Earth,’ the people that you meet, their response tells you what you really made – I don’t think you really know until they tell you.”

Nevertheless, Marling was mum about how soon she and Batmanglij will finish the film – or at the very least, whether they’re trying to get it into shape in time for the festival circuit next year. “I haven’t really thought that far off, because I know some of these ideas are being talked about right now,” she revealed. “Because it feels very prescient and bizarrely timely, I think the feeling is, we want to share this.” At the same time, she admitted she and her collaborator have so many other ideas in the works that it’s hard to set a definitive schedule for when all of them will come to fruition.

“Zal and I are already directing three other movies in our heads, so you’re always trying to like birth the thing that you came up with two or three years,” she said. “And then, you’re trying to catch up with where the rest of the world is going. Of course, I say that, but then I look at the next two weeks of shooting and I’m like, gosh, look at all of the things that Zal has to do to finish the film, like it’s always a massive editing process. But everyone’s working so hard on it, I hope we get to share it as soon as possible.”

“Another Earth” is now available on DVD and BluRay.

Source: blogs.indiewire.com
"Another Earth" star and co-writer Brit Marling talks how life has changed since Sundance
"It's been really beautiful to see the audience's response to it. It's been more than I ever would have anticipated," says Marling.
Posted 11/30/2011 10:30 AM by Terri Schwartz

Seemingly overnight at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, Brit Marling went from relatively unknown documentary writer to the newest critically acclaimed indie darling. Marling both starred in and co-wrote two of the most well-received films at Sundance: "Sound of my Voice" and "Another Earth," which won the Special Jury Prize. The latter went on to have a limited theatrical run in July and debuted on DVD this week.

In the 10 months that have passed since Sundance, life has changed pretty significantly for Marling. She has reteamed with her "Sound of my Voice" director and fellow Georgetown University alum Zal Batmanglij for the upcoming film "The East," which Marling again co-wrote and stars in. In addition, she has been brought on board her biggest production to date in Robert Redford's thriller "The Company You Keep," due out in 2012. All while still continuing to work and develop new projects, of course.

IFC had the chance to catch up with Marling on the phone over the Thanksgiving weekend to talk about how life has changed for her since she became an overnight sensation. Turns out, it hasn't changed too much.

IFC: It's been four months since we last spoke to you. How has your life changed since "Another Earth" hit theaters?

Brit Marling: It's been beautiful. It's been really cool to see the film enter the world and just see the audience's response to it. On a person to person level, at festivals and theaters and even just randomly, the tweets that ["Another Earth" director] Mike [Cahill] will sometimes show me about people, people from all over writing various reflections on the film and that's really cool.

I think when you make a movie, I don't know, you hope that it connects, that it moves people, but you certainly have no idea even when you've edited it, and when you watch it, you're so close to it, it's hard to know how an audience will respond. It's been really beautiful to see the audience's response to it. It's been more than I ever would have anticipated and I think Mike would say the same. It's been a very good time.

IFC: You kind of exploded onto the scene earlier this year with "Another Earth" and "Sound of my Voice" coming out at Sundance. How have you stayed grounded?

BM: You know, it's an interesting question. I've really been working so much and I'm working on this movie Zal and I wrote called "The East," and Mike is actually here, he's directing some of these little vignettes in the film that he's directing, and so all three of us are sort of reunited, working together on this project of which has been awesome.

I think, I don't know. I think the fundamentals never change, is the problem and also a great thing, which is at the end of the day you're still just trying to get good at telling stories. And from an acting perspective, you're trying to get better at being a better custodian and vessel for them, and not being phony and being honest and not defaulting on cliché emotions but trying to figure out what's true or what actually happened. That never gets any easier. I think that's the thing I find daunting about acting is, I don't know what it's like with other professions, but usually I think there's like a learning curve in which like your job becomes easier for you, and I've never felt that with acting.

It astounds me that every day I go to work on 'The East' and it's almost like I've never worked before. You have no idea what will happen, what will come up. You're really tapping all of your subconscious, and there's something wildly liberating about it but also terrifying, and so it's awesome that the movies have been really well received and that we're getting a chance to make more movies but I think the challenge is always the same. Nobody gets too lost in any of their thinking about it, I think.

IFC: You mentioned how it never gets easier with acting, but do you think part of it is you keep pushing yourself with the scripts that you help write to see just what you can do?

BM: Oh my gosh, what a great thing to say. Wow. I think that's so true. I guess I'm usually attracted to the thing that terrifies me. That's one of the things that's cool about writing.

I think one of the things that happens with all actors, and certainly with young actresses, is that they sort of get put in a certain place, like there's only a certain type of story for the ingénue and usually it's like the romantic comedy ingénue or the love interest in an action movie but she's never the action hero.

There's something about writing that sort of I think lets you a little bit push yourself in the direction that you're more afraid to go and certainly in this movie, oh my gosh, it happens all over the place. I constantly feel like I'm biting off a lot more than I can possibly chew, but I love that feeling. I think that's why I'm so attracted to this work because I always feel out of my depth. So hopefully I'll keep putting myself there and seeing if I can attempt to rise to the occasion.

Source: http://www.ifc.com

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am

Dominik wrote:It looks like they are having trouble getting enough extras :dead:
Where is Chelsea when you need her? :biggrin:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Brit Marling says Alexander Skarsgard isn't "recognizable" in "The East"
"I could not possibly express to you how amazing the cast on this movie is," she said of the film.
Posted 12/02/2011 10:47 AM by Terri Schwartz

Fans who love Alexander Skarsgard for his role as Eric Northman in HBO's hit series "True Blood" won't see too much of their favorite fanged Viking in his recent roles. In "Straw Dogs" he plays a villain who ends up brutally raping his ex-girlfriend, in "Battleship" he's a naval officer, and in the upcoming indie "The East" he's the head of an anarchist activism organization.

"The East" star and co-writer Brit Marling recently caught up with IFC to promote the DVD release of her film "Another Earth," and said that she thinks fans should be really excited to see Skarsgard in their movie. The entire cast, from Skarsgard to Ellen Page and Patricia Clarkson, have put their everything into the movie and will be "unrecognizable" when compared to the characters they typically play, Marling said.

"I think everybody's going to be surprised to see everyone in this. The characters and the world are very extreme. I don't think anyone is recognizable, if that makes sense," she explained.

Marling and her "Sound of my Voice" co-writer and director Zal Batmanglij have reteamed in their respective roles for the upcoming thriller. The flick tells the story of a contract worker named Sarah (Marling) who is given the job of infiltrating an anarchist group, but ends up finding herself aligning with its beliefs and falling for its leader (Skarsgard). In the interview, Marling said she won't be sure what the focus of the movie will be until after a first cut is edited, but that her onscreen love story with Skarsgard will definitely take a significant part.

"I think you only know what it is once it's been edited, because it is a thriller, it is an espionage story, it is a love story, there's some coming of age in there. It also is an action movie. There's a lot going on," Marling said. "I don't think we'll know until there's like a first cut of it what we're actually dealing with, if that makes sense."

"The East" likely won't end up being a love story with a dash of espionage and thriller tossed in, but the synopsis sounds somewhat similar to "Another Earth." The love story ends up becoming the focus of that film, and it also centers on an unlikely couple brought together by tragic circumstances. So fans will definitely be seeing some romance brewing between Marling and Skarsgard.

Everyone in the cast has thrown themselves entirely into their roles, according to Marling. Since none of the actors are extremist anarchists (that we know of), they all had to put a lot of research into making sure their performances were believable and accurate. Needless to say, Marling was duly impressed.

"I could not possibly express to you how amazing the cast on this movie is. Alex and Ellen and Toby [Kebell], they work so hard. They have done so much preparation, it's like we all come to work every day and you feel everyone's devotion to the material," Marling said. "It's a hard shoot. It's an ambitious movie. And it's being shot very quickly. Their work on it is astounding. It really is inspiring."

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 03, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks for the update Dominik. I'm looking forward to this movie more than ever. Ellen's specialty seems to be "fast, hard shoots" after Hard Candy, Tracey Fragments and Super. Off-topic but I watched Another Earth two days ago and it is still haunting me. Brit Marling is one talented lady.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 05, 2011 7:34 am

Sounds like this is going to be one far out film.

Ellen keeps making films in Shreveport...maybe she should buy some property there :biggrin:

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 08, 2011 8:40 am

Brit Marling compares upcoming films "The East" and "The Company You Keep" to Occupy protests
"I think Occupy Wall Street is filled with that unrest," she said. "It will be nice for this movie to enter this conversation."
Posted 12/06/2011 1:00 PM by Terri Schwartz

Depending upon the outcome of the Occupy Wall Street protests occurring across the nation, we'll likely see Hollywood's take on the 99 percent's uprising at some point in the near future. But while films like "The Dark Knight Rises" considered attempting to tap into the civil unrest, at least one upcoming indie has already been working on capturing the activists' sentiments.

"Sound of my Voice" star/co-writer Brit Marling and director/co-writer Zal Batmanglij have reteamed in their respective roles for the upcoming thriller "The East." The film tells the story of a contract worker named Sarah (Marling) who is given the job of infiltrating an anarchist group, but ends up finding herself aligning with its beliefs and falling for its leader (Alexander Skarsgard). IFC caught up with Marling recently while she was promoting the DVD release of her Sundance darling "Another Earth," and she acknowledged that "The East's" upcoming release likely couldn't be at a more timely occasion.

Interestingly enough, Marling's other upcoming film, Robert Redford's "The Company You Keep," also has to deal with activist movements. In the interview, she addressed her own passion for activism and whether she thinks these two movies about such a hot-button subject will end up causing any controversy.

---

IFC: "The East" seems like it's pushing the envelope with its extremism and environmental activism. Do you think that it's particularly timely with all the other activist events going on right now, like Occupy Wall Street?

Brit Marling: Yeah, I think we were really astounded as we were writing it, things kept happening that were literally things that were in the movie or things that were themes or feelings in the movie. I remember when the BP Oil spill happened we were like, oh my gosh, this movie is so prescient. And then when WikiLeaks happened, we were like, oh my god, this movie is so prescient. And then, you know, when Occupy Wall Street happened, we were like, this film needs to just enter the world already.

I think that when you're writing, you're really just sticking your hand out into what people are thinking and feeling, and certainly I think generationally there's a pretty big crisis in our generation of like, what is going on? The design of the world order makes no sense. Things keep falling apart. I mean, how long are we going to continue to ignore that the structure of things are unsound? When are we going to stand up and be accountable for the way we live our lives and like do things differently? Maybe even erratically differently. And I think Occupy Wall Street is filled with that unrest and I think, I don't know, it will be nice for this movie to enter this conversation.

I think it's something people want to talk about and, I don't know, hopefully it will be a useful note in the conversation. I don't know. We hope that anyway.

IFC: It sounds like it's something you're pretty passionate about. Are you particularly attached to the idea of activism? Is that something you believe in?

BM: I guess what I believe in is, you know, life in the modern world can really lull you to sleep in a way. Things in the first world are pretty comfortable. You know, like hotel rooms and movie theaters and malls and cars on highways. The whole experience is pretty seamless, in and out of airports. But there are so many things that are just shocking and astounding that we just continue to ignore. Especially just the literal liquidation of the environment. We have oceans falling apart and reefs crumbling.

We're alive in a really strange time in which we seem to be on the precipice of a crisis, certainly in terms of like where things are in the environment, and yet not fully dealing with it in our every day lives and the way that we live them. I don't know what it would take for things to change dramatically, but I think certainly I believe in attempting to be awake to that and to hopefully do something. Do something in whatever way one can to like be a part of the movement for changing things or trying to make things better.

IFC: It's interesting to me that the other film you're working on, "The Company You Keep" with Robert Redford, also involves extremism with his character being a part of the Weather Underground. Do you think that either of these films are going to stir up any controversy once they get released?

BM: I hope they do, but even more than controversy. I think something really interesting happened when Obama was elected, which is the millennial generation felt for a moment that like real change was possible, and they like galvanized themselves in a way that had never been done before. Everybody's pretty focused on their own career, their own life, the way in which their life is unfolding, and I dropped everything I was doing and got on plane for Ohio and was like knocking on doors in Columbus, Ohio. And I think it was because everybody felt like, well here's a way in which things can really be different.

I think people are looking for that. I don't know that either one of these movies will do that but certainly like Occupy Wall Street and what's happening there and what's happening all over the world, there are stirrings of it. You feel that the sense is in the air, and it just hasn't fully become organized. Or the ideas behind which real change can happen [haven't] been fully solidified. It'd be cool if both of these movies sort of got people talking about these things and not just retreating into their lives, which can be so consuming.

[Update] [2011-12-08] It seems filming has wrapped for some actors since Toby Kebbell attended the premiere of Steven Spielberg's "War Horse" in New York City last Sunday
Tom Hiddleston Describes The "Wounded Soul" Of Loki & Ralph Macchio, Toby Kebbell & More Chat At NYC Premiere Of 'War Horse'
by Jen Vineyard | Dezember 7, 2011

[...]

Toby Kebbell, who plays a Geordie soldier who rescues the horse Joey from a no man's land when the animal is trapped by barbed wire, had success earlier with "RockNRolla" but is finally now on the verge of becoming a breakout leading man, given his recent auditions for "Akira" and "Arthur & Lancelot." ("Let's hope I get that one," he said. "It would be helpful!") In the meantime, he's playing a doctor in Brit Marling's much anticipated eco-terrorism thriller, "The East," in which he exhibits Parkinson's-like symptoms from taking a tainted drug.

"I had to get the hand shake right, the shaky hand," Kebbell said, while demonstrating a slight tremor. "He has seizures, as people with Parkinson's might, because he has a weakened hand, as if he has no tendons, and I had to figure out a respectful way to portray that in the film. I hope I did that right."

Kebbell's character has the condition because he got a sample from a pharmaceutical drug rep, and then prescribed the drug to himself, "so in that sense, he's very stupid," the actor said. Despite the shaky hand, his character also plays piano, and the piece he performs in the film was composed by director Zal Batmanglij's brother Rostam, of the band Vampire Weekend.

[...]

Source: blogs.indiewire.com

manise

Dec 10, 2011 1:29 am

I look forward to this film and the new Woody Allen flick, although I must admit that I'm hoping for a truly Ellen Page movie in the near future. She can carry a movie on her own, no sweat (Hard Candy, Juno).

Hopefully "The East" will trigger more interest in environmental themes. Hollywood has all but ignored one of the greatest natural disasters in American history, the Katrina hurricane. The social and environmental upheaval that continues to this very day should be a rich source of interesting roles for activists like Page. Her outstanding performance in Inception shows EP's potential as a lead in such an intense drama or mystery.

I can also see EP doing a great sci-fi movie ala Aliens or Outland with an environmental theme; or an escape-from-earth story in search of a habitable planet. I could also see EP in a movie adaptation of Whale Wars, the fascinating reality show about anti-whaling activists taking on fleets of aggressive Japanese whalers in the South Seas--a modern day Master and Commander with a twist. The possibilities are endless.

Munkey

Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am

I am very interested to see this one. I hope it doesn't go like Super did. What i mean by that is Super only played at one theater in my entire STATE. That theater was over 200 miles away. I ended up waiting a few months and saw it on IFC pay per view. I hope this one gets a wider release. I like special effects, explosions, and mega budgets as much as the next guy. Every now and then I like a great script and actual acting. This could be it, can't wait to find out.

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Anyone know if filming on this wrapped yet? Ellen has been pretty active lately with filming two movies in the span of 5 months.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

jsmith11 wrote:Anyone know if filming on this wrapped yet?
Alexander Skarsgård has recently been spotted on the set of "True Blood" in Los Angeles, Toby Kebbell attended a movie premiere in NYC (see above) and Aldis Hodge went to London for the "Leverage Convention" - so yeah, I believe filming wrapped last week. :smirk:

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Dec 19, 2011 11:35 pm

I don't know if this is interesting at all to any of you, but Toby Kebbell was in a British drama last night called Black Mirror and totally stole the show. He's a stunning actor and after reading the script, really fills the role of Doc well.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 27, 2011 2:35 am

On imdb it says the budget is 6.5 million. Anyone know if this is accurate?

venusice
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 28, 2011 7:55 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:I don't know if this is interesting at all to any of you, but Toby Kebbell was in a British drama last night called Black Mirror and totally stole the show. He's a stunning actor and after reading the script, really fills the role of Doc well.
He's really great. Ellen has the RocknRolla connection. First Tom Hardy now Toby :laugh:

Does Ellen have any scenes with him in the script?

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 28, 2011 11:54 pm

jsmith11 wrote:On imdb it says the budget is 6.5 million. Anyone know if this is accurate?
There is no official word concerning the budget yet, so it could be a wild guess from a random IMDb user or someone from the crew has added this. It looks like a reasonable budget for an indie film though.
venusice wrote:Does Ellen have any scenes with him in the script?
There are a couple of scenes in which the group plans their next steps and educates new recruits. In other words, Toby and Ellen will appear on the screen together.