To Rome with Love - News Thread

Ellen gets neurotic for Woody Allen in Rome

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 21, 2011 1:52 pm

HeartHer wrote: Yeah I was trying to be nice about it, but Cruz's fashion is not at its peak in that picture :laugh: . I'm no fashion aficionado, but I know hideous clothing when I see it :longtongue: .
I think Cruz's whole appearance is not at its peak in that picture. Isn't she just 37? Looks like 47 to me. :doubtful:
Well, for the fashion you probably have to blame the costume designer.

While we at it:

Just found some more pics from the set. No Ellen so far but interesting anyway.

http://www.caughtonset.com/category/bop-decameron/
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 22, 2011 9:34 am

plexus wrote:
HeartHer wrote: Yeah I was trying to be nice about it, but Cruz's fashion is not at its peak in that picture :laugh: . I'm no fashion aficionado, but I know hideous clothing when I see it :longtongue: .
I think Cruz's whole appearance is not at its peak in that picture. Isn't she just 37? Looks like 47 to me. :doubtful:
Well, for the fashion you probably have to blame the costume designer.

While we at it:

Just found some more pics from the set. No Ellen so far but interesting anyway.

http://www.caughtonset.com/category/bop-decameron/
Was thinking the same thing! Lately I've been getting really tripped on how long bands have been around, like some I think are still just 10 years old have been around 25 so I was wondering if I was getting screwed up on how old Penelope is. She looks like she's in her 50s there.

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Jul 23, 2011 4:40 am

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 23, 2011 3:21 pm

jsmith11 wrote:Set photos with Ellen. :)
http://zooeymagazine.com/index.php/2011 ... -in-ostia/
This just has the on-set photos in a larger format without additional pap shots:
http://www.starsentertainment.com/movie ... meron.html
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Jul 23, 2011 3:27 pm

The photos from set are pap shots as well. :rolleye: Plus the link I posted has much more set photos.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 23, 2011 6:49 pm

jsmith11 wrote:The photos from set are pap shots as well. :rolleye: Plus the link I posted has much more set photos.
Yeah you're right - I guess I'm conflicted over wanting to see Ellen on set and our policy over pap stuff - so I was trying to make the on-set stuff OK. What do you think Dominik?

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 24, 2011 12:48 am

JimH wrote:What do you think Dominik?
If people want to see them (and ruin any surprise), they can click on the links. All the others, should simply ignore the postings.
On the one hand, these photos certainly fall in the "paparazzi" category. On the other hand, filming in Italy is a kind of public event and it looks like they didn't cordon off the area very well in order to keep rubbernecks out. I think it's a gray area. Let's just leave it that way and bend the rules. :rolleye: :twocents:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 24, 2011 11:15 am

Well as long as checking those out is ok (it didn't seem like they were really trying to avoid it at all anyway), I have a couple things to say:

The picture of Ellen wearing heels and still having to go all the way up on her toes to hug Greta is kind of hilarious. Also the picture of her with Woody Allen is just... yes. I'm aware that "yes" isn't an adjective but little else describes it. My favorite person in Hollywood on set with an absolute legend. She's come quite a ways hasn't she?

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 24, 2011 3:17 pm

HeartHer wrote:Well as long as checking those out is ok (it didn't seem like they were really trying to avoid it at all anyway), I have a couple things to say:

The picture of Ellen wearing heels and still having to go all the way up on her toes to hug Greta is kind of hilarious. Also the picture of her with Woody Allen is just... yes. I'm aware that "yes" isn't an adjective but little else describes it. My favorite person in Hollywood on set with an absolute legend. She's come quite a ways hasn't she?
I imagine they're all (Ellen, Jesse and Greta) pinching themselves to see if its real - and not a dream. A little play on "Inception" there :cheekygrin: Also, not ever having had the experience of wearing heels -they look kind of uncomfortable to have to wear to work all the time, like Ellen is doing.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for those links, it's great to see Ellen on set working on a film for the first time since January 2010 for SUPER.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 24, 2011 10:43 pm

The photos are great.....however, your UCFRdWarrior is kinda bummed because Ellen is wearing a UAB Blazers t-shirt....UCFs Conference USA rivals :biggrin: Though, judging by the lack of fans they have at their football games....they can use all the support :biggrin:

Great photos, and so cool to see Ellen filming again. Looks like a real nice and sunny day at the beach (Ostia is Rome's suburb on the Mediterranean

(UAB: Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham...in case anyone is wondering)

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Jul 25, 2011 3:36 am

your UCFRdWarrior is kinda bummed because Ellen is wearing a UAB Blazers t-shirt
I do not think she is a fan... I think she is wearing that shirt for other reasons. ;)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 25, 2011 7:11 am

jsmith11 wrote:
your UCFRdWarrior is kinda bummed because Ellen is wearing a UAB Blazers t-shirt
I do not think she is a fan... I think she is wearing that shirt for other reasons. ;)
LOL....I am sure she wears it because she likes it :D She is quite popular in Birmingham, I bet :D

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Photo inside
► Show Spoiler

Credits to revealedrome

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks Dominik - here's a link to the same scene but shows Ellen's face :yellowink:
http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,, ... ALLEN.html

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 27, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks for the photos.....although I think the Brazilians need to show some more love for Ellen :D

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 27, 2011 1:06 pm

JimH wrote:Thanks Dominik - here's a link to the same scene but shows Ellen's face :yellowink:
http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,, ... ALLEN.html
Nice. She's so cute on that picture.
But I pity her, as far as I know she hates eating-scenes.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

You probably know what is inside...
► Show Spoiler

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

Woody Allen axes confusing 'Bop' title
New title for Rome-set pic is 'Nero Fiddled'
By Dave McNary; Posted: Thu., Oct. 13, 2011, 3:22pm PT

Woody Allen has changed the title of his latest feature film "The Bop Decameron" to "Nero Fiddled," explaining that people didn't understand the working title.

Allen's starring along with Alec Baldwin, Roberto Benigni, Penélope Cruz, Judy Davis, Jesse Eisenberg, Greta Gerwig and Ellen Page. The pic is set in contempo Rome and consists of four separate vignettes -- two with American characters set in Rome, while the other two involve Italian characters, also set in Rome -- but the vignettes never intersect.

"I couldn't believe how few people had heard of the Decameron, even in Rome," he said in a statement released Thursday. "And the few that did assumed the movie was based on Boccaccio's tales, which it's not. Anyhow, I changed the title to 'Nero Fiddled,' which is the first time I've changed a title since my last minute switch of 'Anhedonia' to 'Annie Hall.'"

Giovanni Boccaccio's "The Decameron" is a collection of 100 bawdy novellas written in the 1350s. Nero was the Roman Emperor during a fire in 64 AD that destroyed much of Rome.

"Nero" is a Gravier Prods. film produced by Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum and Allen's first film to be financed by the Italian production and distribution company, Medusa Film. It began shooting in July and marked Allen's first time shooting in Rome.

Allen's "Midnight in Paris" is his top domestic grosser with $55 million for Sony Pictures Classics.
Source: www.variety.com