Ellen gets neurotic for Woody Allen in Rome

Topic author
Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 13, 2011 10:51 pm

According to Variety:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118035409
Variety wrote:Exclusive: Jesse Eisenberg, Ellen Page, Penelope Cruz and Alec Baldwin are set to star in Woody Allen's untitled pic that will shoot in Rome this summer
This looks legit. I'm definitely excited to hear this news! :)
Last edited by JimH on Apr 13, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the title ;)

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Glee Plane wrote:According to Variety:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118035409
Variety wrote:Exclusive: Jesse Eisenberg, Ellen Page, Penelope Cruz and Alec Baldwin are set to star in Woody Allen's untitled pic that will shoot in Rome this summer
This looks legit. I'm definitely excited to hear this news! :)
Excellent news - it's about time :totalhappy:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

CyberGhostface
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Apr 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Good for her! :) I hope she gets a big role in it.

Topic author
Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 14, 2011 12:49 am

Ellen had not attached herself to anything for about a year, so I had a feeling there would be something new soon. I like Woody Allen as a director and the rest of the cast is superb. I look forward to hearing more news about this project!

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Apr 14, 2011 3:58 am

Great news! Woody Allen is an amazing director and Ellen will be great with his style. As will Jesse Eisenberg... I can see them having great chemistry.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 14, 2011 4:38 am

Love Allen, Baldwin, and Eisenberg, so I don't even care what it's about I'm excited. And obviously I love Ellen :p.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 14, 2011 6:40 am

Great news :) Cool to see Ellen and Woody Allen working together. Gosh, Woody must be pushing 80, now

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 14, 2011 6:05 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Great news :) Cool to see Ellen and Woody Allen working together. Gosh, Woody must be pushing 80, now
According to this, from http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/04/14 ... -ensemble/
Woody is 75 ;-)
By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: Leave it to 75-year-old writer-director Woody Allen to stay ahead of the pack.

On the morning that it was announced that Allen’s “Midnight In Paris” officially would open the 64th Cannes Film Festival in May, casting news breaks regarding Allen’s next picture.

Saying that Allen won’t stop until he’s dead is an understatement. We’d be amazed if he actually, you know, slowed down just a little and maybe put out a film every two years instead of the one-a-year pace he has been keeping.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 14, 2011 11:57 pm

JimH wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Great news :) Cool to see Ellen and Woody Allen working together. Gosh, Woody must be pushing 80, now
According to this, from http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/04/14 ... -ensemble/
Woody is 75 ;-)
By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: Leave it to 75-year-old writer-director Woody Allen to stay ahead of the pack.

On the morning that it was announced that Allen’s “Midnight In Paris” officially would open the 64th Cannes Film Festival in May, casting news breaks regarding Allen’s next picture.

Saying that Allen won’t stop until he’s dead is an understatement. We’d be amazed if he actually, you know, slowed down just a little and maybe put out a film every two years instead of the one-a-year pace he has been keeping.
Oops :D Somehow I had him a little older. Woody has been around for many decades...he was a writer on some of the TV shows from the 1950's and 1960's before he hit big in films

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Apr 15, 2011 1:46 pm

:satisfied: This is my week.
I've seen SUPER on Monday - then I was worried that this would've been be the last thing I've seen of her for a while - and now this.

It seems her patience pays off good. :yes:

Ellen and Allen, nice! I think that she never even dreamed of getting a chance to work with Woody. Should be a great collaboration.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

Skepsis93

Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Ellen and Jesse Eisenberg in one movie... perfect. I loved The Social Network and Zombieland. It's annoying she's already being typecast as playing another "quirky/cool girl" though. I mean, she's probably the best actress in Hollywood for those roles right now, and I'm completely fine if it does turn out to be another one of those but anyone who has seen AAC or Peacock (unfortunately not many) will know she has a much wider range that's gets showcased far too little.

Confident this will turn out great. Allen is awesome and with that cast, it would be hard to go wrong. Plus we all know what a knack Ellen has for picking great projects.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Skepsis93 wrote:Ellen and Jesse Eisenberg in one movie... perfect. I loved The Social Network and Zombieland. It's annoying she's already being typecast as playing another "quirky/cool girl" though. I mean, she's probably the best actress in Hollywood for those roles right now, and I'm completely fine if it does turn out to be another one of those but anyone who has seen AAC or Peacock (unfortunately not many) will know she has a much wider range that's gets showcased far too little.

Confident this will turn out great. Allen is awesome and with that cast, it would be hard to go wrong. Plus we all know what a knack Ellen has for picking great projects.
We don't know yet that she'll be the "quirky/cool girl" or what type of movie this is going to be - let's wait and see ;-)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 16, 2011 2:20 am

Pretty cool....Ellen just did the Tilda pilot with Diane Keaton...now she gets to work with Woody Allen. Those two were legendary together in the 1970s

Topic author
Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Should this project get its own sub-topic?

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Glee Plane wrote:Should this project get its own sub-topic?
My suggestion would be to wait until we know the name of the movie - unless we get some significant news/discussion going before then.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Apr 16, 2011 8:40 pm

JimH wrote:
Glee Plane wrote:Should this project get its own sub-topic?
My suggestion would be to wait until we know the name of the movie - unless we get some significant news/discussion going before then.
...Dominik was faster :rolleye: :biggrin:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Skepsis93

Apr 16, 2011 11:45 pm

JimH wrote:We don't know yet that she'll be the "quirky/cool girl" or what type of movie this is going to be - let's wait and see ;-)
I know. I was referring to the post on the homepage about it, people already seem to be assuming that's the type of role this will be.

harzer_knaller
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Apr 18, 2011 11:21 am

Skepsis93 wrote:[...] but anyone who has seen AAC or Peacock (unfortunately not many) [...]
Peacock was really really good. Not just because of Ellen but mostly because of Cillian Murphy. He was really awesome in this movie. Ellen's part however was a little too small in my opinion. I would have loved to see her more in this movie.