UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 06, 2010 7:11 am

JimH wrote:Insiders have seen a rough cut and are blown away:
http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/chris-n ... -insiders/
Chris Nolan's 'Inception' Seen By Insiders
By NIKKI FINKE | Wednesday May 5, 2010 @ 6:16pm PDT

This summer's most anticipated film, Christopher Nolan's Inception, is still unfinished with a July 16th release date. But I've learned it screened for the cast and their reps on Monday. And people were knocked out. "It was beautiful." Insiders there are gushing it's "incredible work" by Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, and Ellen Page.
WOW...great news! And less than 24 hrs away from the new trailer (will be shown before Iron Man II). And hey, we are used to Incredible Work from Ellen ;-)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

May 07, 2010 8:36 am

Here is a new movie poster. Too bad, Ellen is upside-down :blink:

There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 07, 2010 10:39 am

even the movie poster is unique and totally original! soooo excited for this movie! thanks Dom!

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Saw a commercial for Inception today, I wonder how long before Ellen starts making the talk show rounds to promote the movie.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Empire Magazine will be devoting their July issue to Inception. The latest issue, with Leo DiCaprio on cover...is already out in the UK....and hope it makes it way to North America soon

Link is to the great NolanFans.com website....the article has links to the various Empire Magazine articles....saves me from doing all the link stuff :D

http://www.nolanfans.com/2010/06/03/emp ... ion-fever/

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jun 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Ellen will be on "Friday Night with Jonathon Ross" in the UK on Friday 9th July BBC1 - 10:35pm. This is the day after the London world premiere of Inception so it looks like Ellen will be there for you, UK Ellen fans. :veryexited:

Thanks to apw on Nolan Fans: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =26&t=1600
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 25, 2010 2:41 am

Bah! We only get BBC news. :dead:

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jul 02, 2010 12:12 am

Check these interviews out....in part 2 of Leo Dicaprio's interview he has some really glowing things to say about Ellen, and in part 1 of Chris Nolan's interview he talks about Ellen too! There's also an interview with Ellen, Joseph and Marion, really great interviews!

http://www.traileraddict.com/tags/inception

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 19, 2010 7:11 pm

NolanFans Inception forum has an excellent review thread:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 44&start=0
The first post has direct links to all the reviews (filled with spoilers). Here is the summary of all the reviews in terms of being either positive or negative:
240 Reviews Total
217 Positive / 23 Negative
Dominik also has done a massive job keeping up with the press on our site (815 plus articles) in the Inception Press Archives:
http://www.ellenpage.org/press/index.php?cat=21
But if you've not seen the movie yet you should be careful what you read if you want to avoid spoilers.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 30, 2010 6:22 am

Warner Bros is releasing small bits of extra Inception content to promote the release of the DVD/Blu-Ray on December 7th:

http://media.snaptag.mobi/inception

So far 4 bits of content has been revealed, you can click on the different "Dream Levels" to get them:

Dream Level 1: Christopher Nolan commentary on scene with Cobb's slow-motion kick into bathtub
Dream Level 2: Audio clip of Ellen's character Ariadne screaming "WAKE ME UP!"
Dream Level 3: Alternate Inception movie poster
Dream Level 4: Christopher Nolan commentary on some background for the film

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 30, 2010 5:04 pm

The short snippets of the documentaries really leave you wanting more, Mr Nolan definitely has a way with words.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Warner Bros. held a swank celebration on the occasion of the DVD/Blu-ray release of "Inception" in the Hollywood Hills last night. While only director Christopher Nolan, producer Emma Thomas and composer Hans Zimmer were promised to be in attendance, the party found stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page and Ken Watanabe coming out to support the film and its potent awards campaign.

Here's an excerpt from an article mentioning Ellen, followed by the link to the full article:
...Instead, I first made my way to the always delightful Page.

The "Juno" star actually got a substantial break with her important role in "Inception," her first serious dramatic turn since "Hard Candy." I, on the other hand, was much more interested in her supporting turn in the pilot for the potential HBO series "Tilda." Starring Diane Keaton as a muckraking entertainment blogger inspired by real life "Toldja" pusher Nikki Finke, Page plays a studio assistant who come under Tilda's wing. While the series hasn't been officially picked up yet -- creator Bill Condon is a bit busy on some two-part movie called "Breaking Dawn" -- Page told me it was connecting with Condon, the chance to work with Keaton and the fact it was HBO that drew her to TV. She still hasn't heard whether the series going to shoot this spring (as rumored) and she's as curious as anyone else how it turned out.
Source: www.hitfix.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for the information Dominik :)
Dominik wrote: The "Juno" star actually got a substantial break with her important role in "Inception," her first serious dramatic turn since "Hard Candy."
These folks should do their homework though ... An American Crime....Peacock......The Tracey Fragments.....
I guess it depends on what they mean by the word "serious" :rolleyes:

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 01, 2010 4:27 pm

I came across this very interesting Christopher Nolan interview with Wired magazine:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/p ... olan/all/1

Here is a sampling (spoiler alert!):
Wired wrote:
► Show Spoiler

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

That made me go :shocked:

I get his vibes though. He's a very private and clever guy but it's weird to think that somewhere, there is an answer. Glad he picked up on the things about the children in the article, especially their clothes.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 06, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm not sure if we all missed this article, or if you all found it and I missed it, so sorry if it was posted 2 months ago but:

http://screenrant.com/michael-caine-inc ... enm-80670/

I know Chris Nolan left it open to interpretation, but it seems this is the ending he had in mind. It also looks like we were right about it :veryexited: .

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 13, 2010 7:43 pm

AFI announces their winners for 2010's best films:
http://www.examiner.com/canada-movie-in ... best-films
This year's top 10 AFI winners include:......................... Christopher Nolan's dream invasion mystery Inception (starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page), ...................

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 14, 2010 7:20 am

JimH wrote:AFI announces their winners for 2010's best films:
http://www.examiner.com/canada-movie-in ... best-films
This year's top 10 AFI winners include:......................... Christopher Nolan's dream invasion mystery Inception (starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page), ...................
Good news....hope that there are more awards for Inception as the awards season progresses :super:

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm

I just watched the live stream of the Golden Globes nominations, congrats to Inception on these nominations!

Best Picture - Drama
Best Director (Christopher Nolan)
Best Screenplay (Christopher Nolan)
Best Original Score (Hans Zimmer)

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Hopefully it'll nab Picture, Director and Score, my bets are on The Social Network for Screenplay.