Page 1 of 2

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 4:54 am
by bluetoes591
Well it seems that Ellen has publicly come out of the closet. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ality.html All you speculators now have an answer. Please leave it at that. If you must discuss this topic please keep the board rules in mind. http://board.ellen-page.net/faq.php?mode=rules#f1r0 Also keep it positive. Any and all derogatory or speculative posts about the specifics of her personal life will not be tolerated.

Personal comment:

Good for her, at least now she doesn't have to deal with people questioning her sexuality. Now they'll ask more personal questions instead. :whatever: And I hope this makes her life easier. :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 5:22 am
by `Laura
I just saw her post this on facebook. Her speech was so thoughtful, and I'm happy she doesn't have to hide anymore. :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 5:57 am
by CommanderKool
GUYS GUYS GUYS WE NEED TO CELEBRATE THIS IS AWESOME

PARTY PARTY NOW

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 6:29 am
by valap
When Ellen is happy, then we are too. Regardless of what we own sexual orientation is. Free country, free people.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am
by Leon123
I just saw the speech it was mind-blowing beautiful and it will probably leave me thinking for the next few days because regardless of her coming out will this speech help people open their minds. And all respect to her I wouldn't have the strength to do this. Also hope that it makes her live easier.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 12:22 pm
by vlad
It's not a surprise.
Honestly I had suspect that she was gay, but anyway good luck for her :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 1:22 pm
by Jessevolanti1976
I don't speculate I cherish her hart felt desition. you could tell in the past few years well from what I could see or tell is she looked lonely or something. maybe that's just me - Ellen will always have my support matter what. ✌❤

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 1:47 pm
by abraxas17
You know, ofc I respect her life preferences more than anything, also take in account that I have seriously fallen for her since a long time like most boy fans, it just turns out that last night I might have shed tears thinking I have no chance at all now. Haha.
Anyway, kudos to Ellen Page and +1 respect. :))

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 1:54 pm
by vlad
abraxas17 wrote:You know, ofc I respect her life preferences more than anything, also take in account that I have seriously fallen for her since a long time like most boy fans, it just turns out that last night I might have shed tears thinking I have no chance at all now. Haha.
Anyway, kudos to Ellen Page and +1 respect. :))
I know what you mean, and I'm agree with you.
But anyway, I think it was only a matter of time, because I think that, in the deep, everyone knew this. ;)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 2:04 pm
by abraxas17
vlad wrote:
I know what you mean, and I'm agree with you.
But anyway, I think it was only a matter of time, because I think that, in the deep, everyone knew this. ;)
Yes, you are right. I knew this was coming, only a matter of time. I am happy that I am through that. :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 4:05 pm
by SinnerAlbion
Ellen is an awesome person. Her speech was truly beautiful, and her attitude was very noble. :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 4:49 pm
by Leon123
Well when I read your posts I feel I'm the only one surprised by this. Really haven't seen it coming.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm
by JerseyDevil65
Good for her. 'Nuff said.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm
by Olexandra
her speech was so beautiful! i'm glad that she has finally come out. i guess, it's possible that some fans may turn away from her, but most seem to support her.
personally i feel like celebrating :)
now i admire and respect her even more

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 8:43 pm
by ThePageTurner
For the past 6-7 years there were rumors circulating on the net so the fact that she is gay didn't come out as a surprise.I guess many fans knew it deep down in them.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 1:23 am
by CyberGhostface
Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but good for her. :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 3:41 am
by Bifrons
This makes me incredibly sad.
I always thought Ellen freely chose to keep this part of her life private. Like "This is nobody's business and I'd like to be known for my work." Like she stood above all the speculation and innuendo. A sign of strength if you will.
But that's not the world we live in, I guess.
To learn that she was actually scared, miserable and plagued by her perceived dishonesty...
I'm just so sad right now.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 7:16 am
by Tiffany
I'm so proud of her I could burst. Her speech was so inspiring. Go Ellen! :)

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 9:53 am
by vlad
Bifrons wrote:This makes me incredibly sad.
I always thought Ellen freely chose to keep this part of her life private. Like "This is nobody's business and I'd like to be known for my work." Like she stood above all the speculation and innuendo. A sign of strength if you will.
But that's not the world we live in, I guess.
To learn that she was actually scared, miserable and plagued by her perceived dishonesty...
I'm just so sad right now.
I think that you are not the only one that be sad, many fans feeling this right now.
So, I think too that Ellen Page should have preserve this feature of her private life, away from the public opinions. And also, I disagree about content of this declaration, because seems like a lyric artfully written. She is gay, no doubt of this, but honestly I really disagree about the time of this declaration (seems to have arrived in the right moment) and about the content (because Ellen Page don't looks a scared rabbit, I think that she don't care what people think about her sexuality). But anyway, as I said, this declaration it was only a matter of time. She should have done many years ago.

Out of the closet

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 1:51 pm
by WhiteGlint
Leon123 wrote:Well when I read your posts I feel I'm the only one surprised by this. Really haven't seen it coming.
I've just seen the video. You're not the only one, I was surprised, too. :totalhappy:
bluetoes591 wrote:And I hope this makes her life easier. :)
Here's to Ellen! :)