Out of the closet

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Feb 15, 2014 4:54 am

Well it seems that Ellen has publicly come out of the closet. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ality.html All you speculators now have an answer. Please leave it at that. If you must discuss this topic please keep the board rules in mind. http://board.ellen-page.net/faq.php?mode=rules#f1r0 Also keep it positive. Any and all derogatory or speculative posts about the specifics of her personal life will not be tolerated.

Personal comment:

Good for her, at least now she doesn't have to deal with people questioning her sexuality. Now they'll ask more personal questions instead. :whatever: And I hope this makes her life easier. :)
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 15, 2014 5:22 am

I just saw her post this on facebook. Her speech was so thoughtful, and I'm happy she doesn't have to hide anymore. :)

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 15, 2014 5:57 am

GUYS GUYS GUYS WE NEED TO CELEBRATE THIS IS AWESOME

PARTY PARTY NOW
Be your own hero

valap
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 15, 2014 6:29 am

When Ellen is happy, then we are too. Regardless of what we own sexual orientation is. Free country, free people.
:) + :)= :) :)

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am

I just saw the speech it was mind-blowing beautiful and it will probably leave me thinking for the next few days because regardless of her coming out will this speech help people open their minds. And all respect to her I wouldn't have the strength to do this. Also hope that it makes her live easier.
Not Today!

vlad
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 15, 2014 12:22 pm

It's not a surprise.
Honestly I had suspect that she was gay, but anyway good luck for her :)
Credo che tutto sommato, il Paradiso possa attendere.

Jessevolanti1976
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 15, 2014 1:22 pm

I don't speculate I cherish her hart felt desition. you could tell in the past few years well from what I could see or tell is she looked lonely or something. maybe that's just me - Ellen will always have my support matter what. ✌❤
Everyday is a new day - we can change our past - look forward to a better tomorrow ✌

abraxas17

Feb 15, 2014 1:47 pm

You know, ofc I respect her life preferences more than anything, also take in account that I have seriously fallen for her since a long time like most boy fans, it just turns out that last night I might have shed tears thinking I have no chance at all now. Haha.
Anyway, kudos to Ellen Page and +1 respect. :))

vlad
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 15, 2014 1:54 pm

abraxas17 wrote:You know, ofc I respect her life preferences more than anything, also take in account that I have seriously fallen for her since a long time like most boy fans, it just turns out that last night I might have shed tears thinking I have no chance at all now. Haha.
Anyway, kudos to Ellen Page and +1 respect. :))
I know what you mean, and I'm agree with you.
But anyway, I think it was only a matter of time, because I think that, in the deep, everyone knew this. ;)

abraxas17

Feb 15, 2014 2:04 pm

vlad wrote:
I know what you mean, and I'm agree with you.
But anyway, I think it was only a matter of time, because I think that, in the deep, everyone knew this. ;)
Yes, you are right. I knew this was coming, only a matter of time. I am happy that I am through that. :)

SinnerAlbion
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Ellen is an awesome person. Her speech was truly beautiful, and her attitude was very noble. :)
If we don't all pull together, then stop the world, I wanna get off...

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Well when I read your posts I feel I'm the only one surprised by this. Really haven't seen it coming.
Not Today!

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Good for her. 'Nuff said.

Olexandra

Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm

her speech was so beautiful! i'm glad that she has finally come out. i guess, it's possible that some fans may turn away from her, but most seem to support her.
personally i feel like celebrating :)
now i admire and respect her even more

ThePageTurner
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 15, 2014 8:43 pm

For the past 6-7 years there were rumors circulating on the net so the fact that she is gay didn't come out as a surprise.I guess many fans knew it deep down in them.

CyberGhostface
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 16, 2014 1:23 am

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but good for her. :)

Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Feb 16, 2014 3:41 am

This makes me incredibly sad.
I always thought Ellen freely chose to keep this part of her life private. Like "This is nobody's business and I'd like to be known for my work." Like she stood above all the speculation and innuendo. A sign of strength if you will.
But that's not the world we live in, I guess.
To learn that she was actually scared, miserable and plagued by her perceived dishonesty...
I'm just so sad right now.

Tiffany
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 16, 2014 7:16 am

I'm so proud of her I could burst. Her speech was so inspiring. Go Ellen! :)

vlad
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 16, 2014 9:53 am

Bifrons wrote:This makes me incredibly sad.
I always thought Ellen freely chose to keep this part of her life private. Like "This is nobody's business and I'd like to be known for my work." Like she stood above all the speculation and innuendo. A sign of strength if you will.
But that's not the world we live in, I guess.
To learn that she was actually scared, miserable and plagued by her perceived dishonesty...
I'm just so sad right now.
I think that you are not the only one that be sad, many fans feeling this right now.
So, I think too that Ellen Page should have preserve this feature of her private life, away from the public opinions. And also, I disagree about content of this declaration, because seems like a lyric artfully written. She is gay, no doubt of this, but honestly I really disagree about the time of this declaration (seems to have arrived in the right moment) and about the content (because Ellen Page don't looks a scared rabbit, I think that she don't care what people think about her sexuality). But anyway, as I said, this declaration it was only a matter of time. She should have done many years ago.

WhiteGlint
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Leon123 wrote:Well when I read your posts I feel I'm the only one surprised by this. Really haven't seen it coming.
I've just seen the video. You're not the only one, I was surprised, too. :totalhappy:
bluetoes591 wrote:And I hope this makes her life easier. :)
Here's to Ellen! :)
Who'll stop the rain?