Ellen on Family Guy. Comments?

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Well, Ellen did a voice on Family Guy yesterday Feb. 12th, and in all honesty I wasn't too impressed. I mean, yes...I had a fan-girl moment when I first heard her voice, but that's not the point! Haha! I was disappointed and shocked at how small her role really was. I mean, she literally only had like....5 lines, and that was it. Although, her role as Lindsey was part of the sub-plot and not the main plot of the episode, so I guess it's understandable. I just wish that they would have gone a little deeper with the relationship between Ellen's character and Chris. For example, I would have had something happen where Lois and Brian would spy on her (Lindsey) or something. Just to give that plot a little something more. Maybe if Ellen does another voice over for FG, she can get a role in the main plot of an episode.

All in all, not FG's best episode. Rather disappointed in the lack of Ellen's voice in the episode. :sigh:
Be your own hero

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Feb 14, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, I was disappointed too. I think there was more Ellen in the promo than the actual episode. I don't recall the line about cyber bullying being in the episode that was aired. :veryangry:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 14, 2012 2:52 am

Right? Promo's will do that though. They will show clips of recordings of actual lines, and then cut out the one's they didn't use. Because it seemed like Ellen's character had a bit larger role, but no.

I found the lack of Ellen's amazing voice, disappointing. :mad2:
Be your own hero

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Since I am not a regular viewer of the show, I have no idea how many lines a guest star has in a regular episode. But I share the opinion that her appearance was rather disappointing and it was much ado about nothing. Especially because James Wood had more screen time than her character. This inevitably leads to the question whether it was worth the trouble (i.e. the many hours spent in the recording studio) and it wouldn't have been better if she made an appearance as herself or they gave her a better storyline. It's still pretty cool to be a (small) part of this show and I'm sure Ellen was excited to have this opportunity, but the end result wasn't what most of the fans were hoping for.

There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

LeeKwanYoung
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan
Location: Jijok-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Keangnam HonorsVille 703

Feb 14, 2012 3:09 pm

agreed... I was disappointed too... but still, I felt good that she has been on one of her and my favorite show

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 14, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm absolutely sure she enjoyed having the chance to do a voice, but hopefully next time they use Ellen for all her talent and mazing-ness, they better give her something more.
Be your own hero

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I was kinda disappointed Ellen's character didn't have more of a role. Especially because the sub-plot of Chris girlfriend was so much better than Peter being an agent...not just saying that because of Ellen. The Peter-Agent thing was weak.

In all, good that Ellen was on Family Guy....just wished she had more of a role