GUYS! Her birthday is coming up!

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 28, 2012 11:46 am

Dominik wrote:I don't want to come off as spiteful but now you get an idea what I'm going through most of the time. Basically, you can't expect any kind of reward since Ellen never asked for what we have done and are doing. But speaking from a human standpoint, it's a disappointing situation nonetheless. Considering the time and creative efforts spent (with this year's birthday project but also with the whole website itself), the question arises whether it's a fair and reasonable way to treat loyal fans in the long run. Unfortunately nothing will change as long as critics continue to praise Ellen's performances, new projects will come and the casual *fans* creep out of their holes and pay for the tickets when the next movie is released. Or put another way, there is no need to care about a real fan base, let alone connect with it. However, to quote the New Radicals, "You Get What You Give" and I used to say "You always meet twice in a lifetime" in this context. Sometimes some things are only missed / appreciated when they are gone or needed the most.
You summed it up very, very well. Ellen did NOT ask for a birthday wall, she would sleep just fine if zero people on the internet spoke to her. She is very close with her real life friends (almost to the point of obsession it seems), and as long as she has them, she'll be living a happy life.

It just irked me that she brought up the subject of birthday at the wrong time, it was quite honestly a slap in the face to everyone, not just EPO but all her fans around the net. The reason being, and I think we all agree on this, is because we respect Ellen and she knows that. We respect her because she's NOT some dumb, ignorant, selfish woman. So to see a woman we respect, disrespect us, it hurts. I'm not a fan of say, Lindsay Lohan, I don't respect her either, so if I wished her a happy birthday and she ignored me, it doesn't matter.

And Dom, even though I just registered to the site not too long ago (because I wanted to see all the extra stuff that was blocked off to non-members), I have actually been lurking here for awhile now and going to the main site for multiple years maybe since 2008. That said being, I'm aware of the "no gossip rule." I don't want to get banned. Especially since you may be related to the gossip.

I confess that even though you put endless effort into the site (and I thank you for that), I am a bit upset with you, over things you may have said (I'm not 100% sure on this). However it's important that I don't just make assumptions since the only person who knows the truth is you. If you want to set the record straight in private, we can do that. But off EPO, no gossip here because I like the small community here and want to keep it 'pure'. Give me an e-mail address if you want to discuss it.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 28, 2012 11:58 am

Chocoburger wrote:I confess that even though you put endless effort into the site (and I thank you for that), I am a bit upset with you, over things you may have said (I'm not 100% sure on this). However it's important that I don't just make assumptions since the only person who knows the truth is you. If you want to set the record straight in private, we can do that. But off EPO, no gossip here because I like the small community here and want to keep it 'pure'. Give me an e-mail address if you want to discuss it.
I'm afraid I don't know what you are referring to. Here are some email addresses though: http://ellenpage.org/html/contact.php
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 28, 2012 12:44 pm

I'll be e-mailing you now.

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Chocoburger wrote:The reason being, and I think we all agree on this, is because we respect Ellen and she knows that. We respect her because she's NOT some dumb, ignorant, selfish woman. So to see a woman we respect, disrespect us, it hurts.
I couldn't have said it better.

Maybe I'm not really hurt, but I'm mad, no wait, that's to strong, let's say unhappy. I put some effort into this, especially last year.
But, as CommanderKool already put it: I can't stay mad. Not even a week.

For me the most important part is, to be a part of it. Of the true fanbase, of EPO, and in a VERY remote way, maybe of Ellens career as well.
In the end, it was my decision to contribute, just for the fun of it, not to be recognized.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

plexus wrote:.............................

For me the most important part is, to be a part of it. Of the true fanbase, of EPO, and in a VERY remote way, maybe of Ellens career as well.
In the end, it was my decision to contribute, just for the fun of it, not to be recognized.
I feel the same way. But I'm going to be honest now, I've been more concerned with Ellen's choice of projects. Movies like Hard Candy and Juno showed she had incredible promise as an actress. Now she seems to be content with a couple of three week shoots a year, playing supporting roles. That's where my "anger" lies - a promise of acting brilliance that I don't feel has been fulfilled.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 28, 2012 6:48 pm

We feel your pain, Dom. Together we stand as an ignored, but loyal fan base! :bananacanada:
Be your own hero