GUYS! Her birthday is coming up!

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 21, 2012 4:31 pm

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF US ARE GOING TO PARTY ON EPO TODAY!!!!
By the way, I bet Ellen WISHES she could party it up with her fans. I mean, we ARE pretty freakin' awesome.

:happybirthday: :present: :party: :fullhouse: :bananacanada: :juggling: :iloveellen: :birthday: :bdayparty:
Be your own hero

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Hmm, there seems to be a glitch on the main site? I tried to type out a birthday message on the wall for her, but even though it said I had '5 letters left' when I hit submit after typing in the recaptcha, it said MESSAGE IS TOO LONG.

OK, so I shortened my text so that it now said I had '10 letters left' I hit submit and got the same error message. I don't want to shorten it too much or else it would degrade my little write-up for her. Someone look into this error please? I have turned off 'NoScript' (firefox add-on) for EPO so that can't be the issue.

As for the song on the picture wall, my very first though was that it was Jurassic Park (I own it on VHS all those years ago), but when Dominik said "a music track which I believe has a special meaning to today's birthday girl." that threw me off, I didn't see how Jurassic Park and Ellen had any correlation. I guess she must have mentioned this song or the movie's soundtrack in general as being one of her favorites in an interview? Never knew about that, but the song does go nicely with the pictures. It would be nice for her to acknowledge all the work people did for her.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 21, 2012 11:58 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN :party: :party: :party: :bananacanada:

25 great years! And many more to come :)

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 22, 2012 3:21 am

Don't you recall? She wants to be in a TV show with Alia Shawkat and play a dinosaur. So, Jurrasic Park music seems to fit when you put it that way. :laugh:

Also....HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT SHE HASN'T TWEETED AT ALL TODAY IN REGARDS TO OUR LOVELY PRESENTS HERE ON EPO? :confused: Uhm, I think we need to go get her..
Be your own hero

Buyhercandy
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 22, 2012 6:03 am

Play a dinosaur? I wondered what that horrendous tweet was with the Whoopi Goldberg film. Just what is she getting from that?

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 22, 2012 6:20 am

It was from an interview she did with Alia Shawkat. Look in the Video Gallery here on EPO. Find it, and you'll see what I mean. It's like 26 minutes long, and it's hilarious. xD
Be your own hero

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 22, 2012 7:31 am

I never watched that interview, but I think I know the one you're talking about. She's been on Twitter for a full year now, she signed up Feb 21st 2011, and posted on her previous birthday, but not today. As expected, she's having too much fun with the same people in her life to even bother thinking about us.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 22, 2012 11:16 am

Ellen actually referred to Jurassic Park a couple of times. Just take the "Breakthroughs" video by the New York Times, for example. If I remember correctly, she also asked the DJ at the wrap party of "Whip It" to play a piece from the movie. And that lead me to the conclusion that Steven Spielberg's dinosaur blockbuster and it's score have a special meaning to her. :jolly:

Besides, thanks for your kind words. I hope you like what I put together over the past few weeks. And once again thanks to all who contributed!
Chocoburger wrote:Hmm, there seems to be a glitch on the main site? I tried to type out a birthday message on the wall for her, but even though it said I had '5 letters left' when I hit submit after typing in the recaptcha, it said MESSAGE IS TOO LONG.

OK, so I shortened my text so that it now said I had '10 letters left' I hit submit and got the same error message. I don't want to shorten it too much or else it would degrade my little write-up for her. Someone look into this error please? I have turned off 'NoScript' (firefox add-on) for EPO so that can't be the issue.
I've restricted the message length to 600 characters as displayed above the captcha code. Do you want to post a novel or something?! :D Use this counter to find out how many characters you have. Perhaps I can *temporarily* adjust the value. :blink:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Epic sad face, guys! She didn't tweet about us, guys. I feel sad. I'm gonna go cry now. :unhappy:
Be your own hero

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 23, 2012 12:16 am

It's a really nice song. I already made my post, I shortened it a bit, but my issue was that I had used only 590 out of the 600 limit and it still gave me an error message, so it wasn't long at all. As for a novel, ironically enough, I am trying to finish one right now, and I even named one of my main characters, Ellen (*gasp!*). She actually ended up being my favorite character in the story! :agreeing:

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 23, 2012 3:50 am

CommanderKool wrote:She didn't tweet about us, guys.
Is that a problem? :laugh: We are all still loving her whatever she tweeted or not ;) Especially considering the fact that not musch time has passed, give her a more personal space ;)
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station... What more can I say...

Buyhercandy
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 23, 2012 5:42 am

XeXe wrote:
CommanderKool wrote:She didn't tweet about us, guys.
Is that a problem? :laugh: We are all still loving her whatever she tweeted or not ;) Especially considering the fact that not musch time has passed, give her a more personal space ;)

Yeah. I imagine she's perhaps gone away for a bit. Paleontology trip looking likely ;)

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 23, 2012 6:07 am

Ah well. So, how was everyone's day? :3
Be your own hero

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 27, 2012 2:17 am

Anyone else annoyed that she has ignored us and the thought/effort we put towards her birthday, but just a few days later makes a tweet about Steve's birthday? Of all the times to bring up the subject of birthday, this was the worst time. I'm pretty sure she's getting fed up with a lot of people or I guess everyone on the internet at this point.

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Feb 27, 2012 3:11 am

Chocoburger wrote:Anyone else annoyed that she has ignored us and the thought/effort we put towards her birthday, but just a few days later makes a tweet about Steve's birthday? Of all the times to bring up the subject of birthday, this was the worst time. I'm pretty sure she's getting fed up with a lot of people or I guess everyone on the internet at this point.
Perhaps Ellen doesn't like birthdays and doesn't like being the center of attention. Have you looked at her Twitter avatar lately? It looks shy. :curtain:

I might be making this up, but I thought Ellen's tweet about Steve's birthday was implying that Steve teased her about her birthday, so she was going to tease him about his. :sassy: Ok, i'm probably making it up.

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 27, 2012 4:11 am

If you read Ellen's entire Twitter, you'd see she's the opposite of shy. Last year, she Tweeted about her birthday:

https://twitter.com/#!/EllenPage/status ... 4967693313

And she wrote that on her first day on Twitter, so pretending her birthday doesn't exist isn't something she does. Keep in mind, she took the time (30 seconds) to respond to another Tweet (which also took 30 seconds), but can't spare the time (once again, 30 seconds) to respond to hundreds of other people who have collectively spent tens of hours (5 hours from myself alone) wishing her a happy birthday?

I honestly think there may be something going on with her. I have my own opinion on why she may be upset, but that's not something I can discuss.

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 27, 2012 5:38 am

I don't know if she may be upset or something. I mean yeah, I feel kinda unloved for being kinda ignored. We all did put a lot of work into this birthday project this year. Some more than others, but that's not the point. Yeah, her recent Tweet was pretty bad timing on her part, but we can't stay mad at her forever. Even though we feel like she doesn't love us... :sweating2:

Maybe we should tell her that her Fan-base has hurt feelings.

-- Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm --

I think we should send Ellen on a guilt trip for ignoring her loyal fan-base. I'm just sayin'. :grrrr:
Be your own hero

MaxW

Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't think being mad at her will achieve anything. Until you know the whole story then you can't really make any presumptions. There's a good chance that she didn't sign into Twitter on her birthday, or even on the days surrounding it.

I do understand that she tweeted EPO last year saying thanks. However it may be the case that she had only recently registered with Twitter, and having a lot less tweets to read would make it far easier for her to see ours.

I feel the same way as well, in the sense that it would have been nice to get some form of thank you or acknowlegement. But, at the end of the day I think we made a lovely effort, and if she hasn't already seen it I don't doubt that she will at some point in the future :) (You can still access the birthday pages all year round via the "Links" page) So don't be so disheartened some of you! :p

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Nooo, we're not gonna get mad. What we're doing right now on this thread is expressing our feelings. We'll be over it by the end of the month. :laugh:

Max makes a good point. Besides, now can get ready to plan something devious and fun for April Fools Day..... :evilgrin:
Be your own hero

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 28, 2012 11:00 am

I don't want to come off as spiteful but now you get an idea what I'm going through most of the time. Basically, you can't expect any kind of reward since Ellen never asked for what we have done and are doing. But speaking from a human standpoint, it's a disappointing situation nonetheless. Considering the time and creative efforts spent (with this year's birthday project but also with the whole website itself), the question arises whether it's a fair and reasonable way to treat loyal fans in the long run. Unfortunately nothing will change as long as critics continue to praise Ellen's performances, new projects will come and the casual *fans* creep out of their holes and pay for the tickets when the next movie is released. Or put another way, there is no need to care about a real fan base, let alone connect with it. However, to quote the New Radicals, "You Get What You Give" and I used to say "You always meet twice in a lifetime" in this context. Sometimes some things are only missed / appreciated when they are gone or needed the most.
Chocoburger wrote:I honestly think there may be something going on with her. I have my own opinion on why she may be upset, but that's not something I can discuss.
♩ ♬ ♫ :sing: hey hey, if I share with you my dollar would you share your story with me :spendmoney: ♬ ♩ ♫ :D
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.