GUYS! Her birthday is coming up!

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 25, 2012 8:34 pm

GUYS! Hi.

Ellen's gonna be 25 this year, and I was thinking that maybe we could all do something special for her. I mean, she does a lot for us if you really think about it. She spends all of her time making memorable movies for us, and teaching us new things, and just being Ellen. I mean, we ARE her loyal fanbase, right? So, I think it's the least we could do. :headstand:
Be your own hero

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jan 26, 2012 2:37 am

CommanderKool wrote:GUYS! Hi.

Ellen's gonna be 25 this year, and I was thinking that maybe we could all do something special for her. I mean, she does a lot for us if you really think about it. She spends all of her time making memorable movies for us, and teaching us new things, and just being Ellen. I mean, we ARE her loyal fanbase, right? So, I think it's the least we could do. :headstand:
contributing to

What do you think about collectively contributing in some way to one of Ellen's causes?
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 27, 2012 2:00 pm

JimH wrote:What do you think about collectively contributing in some way to one of Ellen's causes?
Yep, I thought about something like this, too. Since the Birthday-Video-Project didn't go so well last year it's probably not the best idea to do something like this. Also, Dom said he won't do it again. (But to me it was a lot of fun making the video clip, I would do it again :) )
The question is, which project to support? And how? Just donating hasn't much to do with her birthday.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Maybe we could all collaborate and come up with something unique. I don't think I recall the Birthday Video project. Maybe we could all do something like...writing her a letter. Not just any letter. A special letter. Something that's from ALL of us. From her fans as a whole.
Be your own hero

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Jan 29, 2012 5:58 pm

I like the letter idea. Ultimately though, we need something that's going to be able to grab her attention.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, that's right...we need some form of a gimmick to either get her on EPO or something. Although, seeing as how she knows about the site, she'll probably come on here on her birthday because she probably figures there will be something on here for her. Which is true. As far as the letter goes, we would all need to cooperate on that to make it REALLY special. Does anyone have any other ideas? :satisfied:
Be your own hero

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 31, 2012 11:22 am

I hope this will meet your taste, Commander:

page.php?p=25thbirthdayproject

If some of you still would like to contribute to one of Ellen's causes, I suggest collecting some money and adopting a bee hive in her name. I could easily arrange this and it only costs 35.00 Euros (approx. $45) a year. Ellen would get a certificate and a glass of honey from her bees every year (which can cause trouble with customs though). At the same time, she could feel good about the fact that professional beekeepers from a state-recognized institution take care about a certain hive (on her behalf) and do everything to prevent the bees from extinction.

You can find more information here: beegood.de
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Alright, Dom! That sounds like a plan to me! I also like the Bee Hive idea too! :totalhappy:
Be your own hero

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Dominik wrote:I hope this will meet your taste, Commander:

page.php?p=25thbirthdayproject
sounds great! but the surprise failed because she follows you on twitter :laugh:
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station... What more can I say...

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm

I saw that too, and I laughed. Oops. :lol2:
Be your own hero

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

XeXe wrote:sounds great! but the surprise failed because she follows you on twitter :laugh:
I don't think she is paying a lot of attention to my tweets. And even if she does, she has no idea what the birthday wall will look like. That said, I'm looking forward to your contribution, drawing wizard! :blink:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm

She doesn't seem to be having a lot of Twitter action lately, so I agree with Dom on the fact she probably doesn't know. But she will. Soon. We just gotta be sneaky guys....sneaky.. :evilgrin:
Be your own hero

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 21, 2012 2:11 am

Dominik, the "Birthday Bulletin Board" is so awesome!! Incredible great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's a pity there are only several greetings.. lazy people :( But it means an every single greeting will get more attention and has more chances to be read by Ellen :snoot:

PS what does it means "424th day without contact" ? ;)
Last edited by XeXe on Feb 21, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station... What more can I say...

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 21, 2012 2:28 am

flhadjhflkdshfkjhdlfk I KNOW.

I was one of the fans to create something for the bulletin board! I can't tell you, nor put into words how excited I am for tomorrow. WE SHOULD BE PARTYING NOW. IT'S FEBRUARY 21ST SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD. :hyper: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :present: :present: :party: :bananacanada: :juggling: :iloveellen: :bdayparty:

EMOTICON PARTY FOR ELLEN. JOIN IN!!!
Be your own hero

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 21, 2012 3:13 am

CommanderKool wrote:flhadjhflkdshfkjhdlfk
:eek: is that you dancing on the keyboard? :laugh:
CommanderKool wrote:I was one of the fans to create something for the bulletin board!
As well as I :totalhappy:
CommanderKool wrote:WE SHOULD BE PARTYING NOW. IT'S FEBRUARY 21ST SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD
It's feb 21st here in Ukraine, already celebrating for 4 hours :bdayparty: :bananacanada:

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 21, 2012 4:38 am

1) It's called a "Keyboard Smash". It's when you don't know how to make words.

2) Which one did you make? Mine was the kinda Black & White photo. Kinda lame and hipster, but it's something.

3) It's not her birthday yet here in the USA. ONLY 2 1/2 MORE HOURS. CAN TIME MOVE ANY SLOWER?
Be your own hero

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 21, 2012 5:39 am

1. It was my second suggestion :laugh:
2. My one that is signed as from Ukraine ;) I made it by handwriting on a paper and then made few adjustments in photoshop
3. You can come here and join :bananacanada: Or do it in your imagination) Well, IMO, following an exact date is just a formality, properly speaking she was born at a certain time, so we should celebrate some HH:MM:SS, not a whole day :D
But I'd prefer to celebrate a whole week.. hmmm Birthweek, sounds great! :laugh:

Topic author
CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 21, 2012 6:08 am

I was gonna write her a letter, but the things I want to tell her are kinda on a personal level, so..

I kinda didn't want to spill all sorts of emotions on her birthday. :unhappy:

THERE'S ONLY 1 HOUR UNTIL IT'S OFFICIALLY HER BIRTHDAY. :bananacanada:
Be your own hero

Chocoburger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 21, 2012 7:04 am

"This world exists not for you...
This world exists because of you!"

That's sweet, but goes way too far on the corny meter, lol.

I hope she likes mine, after I turned it in, I realized that I wanted to add more to it, but it was too late. Oh well. She's going to have a great birthday, spending it with so many friends and family, but not with any of us. Depressing and frustrating and perhaps downright unfair! Such is life.

That song is so familiar, but I can't place my finger on where it's from!

XeXe
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Chocoburger wrote:That's sweet, but goes way too far on the corny meter, lol.
Oh, shame on me! Next time I'll borrow your corny meter before write smth lol lol
Chocoburger wrote:That song is so familiar, but I can't place my finger on where it's from!
It's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" by John Williams ;)