Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Looks like Ellen is being modeled in a new video game titled The Last of Us.:
http://www.reloadreplay.com/blog/naught ... of-us.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/6484011965
Uncharted developer Naughty Dog revealed their next title tonight at Spike's VGAs. The trailer shows a young girl, who looks to be modeled after Ellen Page, and her father(?) in a post apocalyptic America.

The creatures in the trailer are not exactly zombies but one could guess that gameplay could follow normal zombie game styles. This game looks to be a lot more intimate than the Uncharted franchise's globe trotting school. There are very few details now but I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Watch the trailer after the break.
Last edited by Dominik on Dec 12, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed subject
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

venusice
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Is she really involved with that? Looks like her but the voice doens't sound much like her. Kinda crazy. :laugh:

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 11, 2011 7:01 pm

venusice wrote:Is she really involved with that? Looks like her but the voice doens't sound much like her. Kinda crazy. :laugh:
Haven't seen any details but it looked to me like they just modeled it on her - probably she's not involved at all except for royalties(?).
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 11, 2011 7:19 pm

The guy doesn't look like her father and there is no proof that Ellen is involved in this video game in any way so far. The designers could be fans of Ellen and modeled “Ellie” after her though.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

venusice
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 11, 2011 7:22 pm

JimH wrote:Haven't seen any details but it looked to me like they just modeled it on her - probably she's not involved at all except for royalties(?).
I hope she's at least getting something from this otherwise I'd be pissed! That likeness is way too coincidental.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm sure the following article will help you gain clarity on the subject:
The Last of Us gets Enslaved lead designer, doesn't star Ellen Page
Naughty Dog reveals new details on PS3 exclusive
Posted on Monday 12-Dec-2011 10:24 AM

Naughty Dog has provided a few new details about its post-apocalyptic PS3 exclusive The Last of Us, revealing the voice acting and development talent working on game.

Although Ellie, the young girl seen slaying zombies in the debut trailer, looks and sounds like Ellen Page, it isn't.

Creative Director at Naughty Dog, Neil Druckmann, took to Twitter to clear up rumors by confirming that on-the-run humans Ellie and Joel, are played by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker.

Over the weekend Naughty Dog briefly spoke about the two lead characters in The Last of Us; "Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States."

Johnson's previous voice acting credits include Teen Titans and Ben 10 Alien Force, while Baker has provided his talents for Two-Face in Arkham City, Snow in Final Fantasy XIII and its sequel, Vincent in Catherine, and Booker DeWitt in Irrational's upcoming BioShock Infinite.

Former lead designer on Enslaved, Mark Richard Davies, also revealed on Twitter that he is working on The Last of Us at the Uncharted and Jak studio.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

OuhPii

Dec 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Yeah, but come on! It's not possible to simply dismiss the similarities between Ellie and Ms. P.
→ Maybe Neil Duckmann is also a great EP fan and regular visitor of EPO ;D

…and to be serious: I like the fact that a video game character looks like the canadian giant (…can’t get enough of this cute little nose) X3
If I were in her position, I would feel honored for being such an inspiration to a famous development studio like Naughty Dog… but… Yeah I know, an official cooperation would have been a nice one.
At the End, the basic idea of game seems interesting and I hope we will get such a sophisticated title like Uncharted.

pembe

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Dec 22, 2011 1:46 am

I know i'm late, and this isn't Ellen per se, but it's such a phenomenal model! The cheeks have been shrunk very slightly, but the lips/nose/forehead are pure Ellen. I love it!