and here for Best Kiss:
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2011/best-kiss/

also Best Fight (Inception):
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2011/best-fight/

and best Jaw Dropping Moment (Inception):
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/201 ... ng-moment/

and for Ellen in Inception:
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/201 ... rformance/

There's more for Inception - check them all out here:http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/201 ... ries.jhtml
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks for the links Jim, I voted for Ellen and/or Inception everywhere possible!

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

May 03, 2011 11:17 pm

"Inception" will have my vote, of course, but I highly doubt it can beat out "Twilight" in the "Best Kiss" category :rolleye: :cheekkiss:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 04, 2011 6:22 am

I voted...Chicago-Style :laugh:

Lets go Inception and Ellen! :)

As for Twilight and best kiss.....they have 3 of the 5 nominees...should cancel each other out....I hope

Inception has a good chance if the NolanFans people get voting. I will check their site.

Manderley
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Jun 06, 2011 4:42 am

YAY! Ellen won "Best Scared as sh... Performance!" She didn't show up at the awards, though.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am

Manderley wrote:YAY! Ellen won "Best Scared as sh... Performance!" She didn't show up at the awards, though.
Thanks for the info - now I won't have to sit through the rest of it :yellowink: Welcome to EPO by the way :D

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Any award ceremony that awards the Twilight "team" for making a movie as bad as Eclipse is a joke in my eyes. Although I'm pleased Ellen got something.

It's totally facial though too. I follow David Slade, the director of Eclipse (and Hard Candy [I don't know how that happened]) on twitter and he mentioned he wasn't invited to the awards ceremony. It was only for the stars. As they are the ones everyone sees on a daily basis. No one seems to care about the guy who actually MADE the movie.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Any award ceremony that awards the Twilight "team" for making a movie as bad as Eclipse is a joke in my eyes.
Not only a joke. It's even a pretty good one. A loughed my ass off by reading this:

Best Movie: "Eclipse"

But it got better: :die-laughing: Best Female Performance: Kristen Stewart ("Eclipse")
Now my belly hurts.

But I'm a bit confused. Which scene are they referring to with "Scare As S**t Performance" ? I can easily find several scenes in 'SUPER' for that, but 'Inception' ?
GiveHimTheKick wrote:I follow David Slade, the director of Eclipse (and Hard Candy [I don't know how that happened]) on twitter and he mentioned he wasn't invited to the awards ceremony.
No way! They didn't invite the DIRECTOR? What a bunch of morons.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jun 06, 2011 2:50 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:..... follow David Slade, the director of Eclipse (and Hard Candy [I don't know how that happened]) on twitter and he mentioned he wasn't invited to the awards ceremony. It was only for the stars. As they are the ones everyone sees on a daily basis. No one seems to care about the guy who actually MADE the movie.
I think this might be one of those general differences between the US and Europe - directors seem to get more love (and rightly so) in Europe.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 06, 2011 9:56 pm

plexus wrote:But I'm a bit confused. Which scene are they referring to with "Scare As S**t Performance" ? I can easily find several scenes in 'SUPER' for that, but 'Inception' ?
I believe, Ellen received this award for her performance in the "Ariadne meets Mal" scene during the first training session in Paris.

As for Twilight, I have no comment to make. I like Kristen Stewart as an actress, but the whole saga is so overrated. These movies only won the awards they did because of their huge, loyal (and predominantly female) fanbase, who doesn't care in the slightest about other film projects when it comes to award voting. On the other hand, the MTV Movie Awards are pretty meaningless, so there's no need to cry over it.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Manderley
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Jun 07, 2011 4:12 am

JimH wrote: Thanks for the info - now I won't have to sit through the rest of it :yellowink: Welcome to EPO by the way :D
Thank you, JimH.

Although, I have to admit that I was secretly hoping for the Best Kiss award. It was just so cleverly done, so unexpected.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 08, 2011 7:12 am

Makes me wonder if Ellen was even invited.....if a twilight director cannot get an invite...makes me wonder

Congrats still on Ellen winning another Bucket of Popcorn

But, ohmigod, does MTV puke goat dung :biggrin: That movie awards show was horrible....Jason Sudekis was not funny....and having to sit thru Jersey Shore and some cheesy dance show waiting for the awards almost made me kill my TV. I remember when MTV was actually, cool :cool: