Recent interviews and articles

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Carlo Von Sexron
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

May 13, 2009 7:31 am

Dominik wrote:(just imagine Milo Ventimiglia, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere and Ellen fighting the bad guys side-by-side :happybigeyes: ),
Oh man, I know. Plus, they also had Kristen Bell and Brea Grant, who round out my top three favorite girls, so if they had EP on the show, that'd be all three. But, I guess you can't have it all...
"We danced in graveyards with vampires till dawn
We laughed in the faces of kings never afraid to burn..."

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 13, 2009 9:20 am

i honestly like my Ellen as a movie actor thanks....it's cool if she makes a couple guest appearances on a tv drama here and there.....but for me, i like waiting to see ellen in a big movie and then have her disappear for awhile.....it makes her presence that more desired (for lack of a better word). ya know what i mean?

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 13, 2009 9:09 am

Kelly Preston Films PSA to Promote Healthy Food for Kids
By Maureen Harrington / Originally posted Friday June 12, 2009 11:20 AM EDT

Kelly Preston has been slowly starting the process of healing after the devastating loss of her 16-year-old son Jett earlier this year. But the actress decided to participate in a new campaign aimed at helping kids lead healthier lives.

People.com has a first look at Preston's PSA in support of an enhanced Child Nutrition Act, which would mandate healthier food in federally funded school lunch programs.

"She saw past her family sorrow and agreed to help all kids," says Bonnie Abaunza, VP of social action at Participant Media, which produced the PSA.

In the 60-second spot, she calls for hormone free milk and pesticide free fruits and veggies, and urges the public to support the Nutrition Act. The actress, who got involved at the request of her pal Anne Archer, ad-libbed the last line: "Is it just me or does it seem crazy that we have to demand these things?"

"She has a concerned mother's eloquence," says Abaunza of Preston, who is also mom to a 9-year-old daughter, Ella Bleu, with husband John Travolta.

Preston's PSA will air online and on TV along with other celebrity PSAs, including ones featuring Ellen Page, Martin Sheen and Alyssa Milano.

The food safety concerns brought up in the PSA are also explored in the new documentary, Food, Inc., which opens in San Francisco, New York and L.A. on Friday.

Source: www.people.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jun 13, 2009 10:01 am

Yay for EP and good on Kelly. I couldn't even begin to imagine (nor do I want to) what sorrow she has and is still going through losing a child. Being proactive in raising awareness about nutrition probably helps her to feel some more purpose. Good on ya Kelly :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting Dom :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 14, 2009 9:09 am

This was a little blurb top 10 thingy on msn's homepage. Ellen's picture was the main photo...so of course i clicked!! haha
It's basically the top ten celebrities who are "over it" or not fame junkies basically. I thought the whole idea was kind of off-putting....but it's Ellen!! haha some of them i think are completely innaccurate though (of the rest who are on the list) what do you think?

8. Ellen "I'd Rather Be Camping" Page: After she had her "Juno" breakthrough, Ellen was inundated with press, fame, fans, and award nominations. While this was well-deserved, it did not seem all that appreciated. Similar to her offbeat, sardonic character, she has shunned much of the mainstream media opportunities that most fame-grubbing starlets would give their left breast implant for. Her hobbies include camping, hiking, and *gasp* reading. Not on the list? Swag parties and lunching at the Ivy. She is the embodiment of the "over it" 'tude and actually steers clear of the spotlight. She wins points for admitting what the rest of these celebs would never dare, saying in an interview, "I feel like if you really want that media attention you can have it, and if you really genuinely don't want it, it's something that can be avoided: I think there is an element of personal choice." Put that in your campfire and smoke it.

Source:http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/Ten-Ov ... ?GT1=28135

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jun 14, 2009 1:13 pm

:laugh: Yeah, I think it was Joe R that posted that in A&E and I read it... :biggrin:

Thanks Ange :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Leif
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 14, 2009 7:58 pm

That list is so wrong. Ellen should clearly be nr 1 on that list.

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 14, 2009 8:19 pm

yea...see i don't go in the A&E thread...so i would have no idea whether it was posted or not. lol thanx lorz

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Quick News Flash

- Ellen and Drew Barrymore will apparently be on the October cover of Marie Clare magazine (to promote their movie). Here's the link: http://marieclaireintern.blogspot.com/2 ... sting.html
[...]later that morning we organized shoes on the wall and separated old ones and shoes that are going to be used on october's cover which is featuring ellen page and drew barrymore...can't remember if i already said that in my last blog...oh well! anyways their new movies stars ellen page and is being directed by drew....it actually takes place in austin and has to do with roller derby so they are going to be wearing skates and stuff for the shoot which is on saturday! so needless to say we have been getting in a lot of funky sneakers and roller skates![...]
- Twitter user Emily_at_Asylum, who's a writer from Bust Magazine, is apparently going to interview Ellen and "Whip It!" co-star Alia Shawkat. Here is the link: http://twitter.com/Emily_at_Asylum/status/2343931108
Got any questions for Ellen Page or Alia Shawkat? Interviewing them later today! :)
Thanks to Gwen for the information! We'll keep an eye on this, of course :grooving:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 26, 2009 11:43 pm

It's probably too late, but I replied with a question.

Alia Shawkat and Ellen Page together are probably really funny. :biggrin:
Can't wait to read the interview.

Jeff.
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jun 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Great news, can't wait to read the interview.
I'm sure this movie will be a success, though the upcoming film I'm most eager to see is Peacock.

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

She responded to me and said she'd asked Ellen my question. That's probably the closest I'll ever get to actually talking to Ellen. :lol2:

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 27, 2009 10:03 pm

COOL!!! what did you ask???

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 27, 2009 11:48 pm

I wanted to know how long Ellen had been skating for before the movie was made. It turns out she'd never put on skates before.

It was hard for me to learn to skate when I was 5, but since it gets harder and harder to learn things when you're older, it must have been really hard for her. Then again, she did ice skate in X3. Roller and ice skating aren't too different.

Jeff.
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jun 28, 2009 2:44 am

Yeah, I learned to skate when I was like 17, - was a b*tch to learn (my ex insisted) - and haven´t done it for like two years. Now that Ellen´s doing it, I suddenly feel solicited to do so myself. Wonder why...
Anyway, I´m gonna buy some skates tomorrow and get to business, hopefully it won´t be too hard to learn it again. When I did skate, I didn't do it all that often, but hopefully I haven't lost the hang of it. I was actually quite decent at it as well.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 28, 2009 6:10 am

`Laura wrote:I wanted to know how long Ellen had been skating for before the movie was made. It turns out she'd never put on skates before.

It was hard for me to learn to skate when I was 5, but since it gets harder and harder to learn things when you're older, it must have been really hard for her. Then again, she did ice skate in X3. Roller and ice skating aren't too different.
Good question Laura :super:

As for ice skating and roller skating....to me there is a difference. Going from ice to roller is not easy....you can do more things on ice skates.

Yes, we do have ice rinks in Florida :D Not outdoor ones of course :D And, Florida did produce the Stanley Cup champ in 2004....

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 28, 2009 6:20 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Good question Laura :super:

As for ice skating and roller skating....to me there is a difference. Going from ice to roller is not easy....you can do more things on ice skates.

Yes, we do have ice rinks in Florida :D Not outdoor ones of course :D And, Florida did produce the Stanley Cup champ in 2004....
Thanks. :happybigeyes:
I've only ice skated a once or twice, but it was on a lake a short distance from my house. It was only for an hour or so since technically we weren't supposed to be there... the ice was too thin. I think it was somewhat similar, though.
</offtopic>

I wonder when she'll post the interview.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 28, 2009 6:43 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote: Yes, we do have ice rinks in Florida :D Not outdoor ones of course :D And, Florida did produce the Stanley Cup champ in 2004....
And how many Florida natives are there playing in the NHL?
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 28, 2009 6:50 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote: Yes, we do have ice rinks in Florida :D Not outdoor ones of course :D And, Florida did produce the Stanley Cup champ in 2004....
And how many Florida natives are there playing in the NHL?
Just a wild guess....umm, zero :biggrin: At least, for one season, our Canadians could beat everyone else's Canadians :biggrin:

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 28, 2009 6:54 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote: Just a wild guess....umm, zero :biggrin: At least, for one season, our Canadians could beat everyone else's Canadians :biggrin:
I don't actually know, but I'm guessing its a number that can be counted on one hand. :biggrin:

But wait, after much manipulating of the internet I have an answer...ONE! (and three total in the history of the league) Dan Hinote is from Leesburg Florida. :laugh:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.