Recent interviews and articles

Topics about the great Canadian actress
User avatar

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 666
Joined: Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Offline

Nov 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Vinay-01 wrote: How long is this podcast...? i only had in on about 5 minutes.. i didnt hear the interview even completed?
It's a lot longer than 5 minutes - about 30 minutes I think. Maybe Dominik will upload it to the EPO Media / Audio Clips
section sometime and you could try it from there.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)
User avatar

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies
Posts: 408
Joined: Jul 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Status: Offline

Nov 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I have it on my iTunes, easily downloaded for Free from the store. It's precisely 38:43 minutes+seconds long.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.
User avatar

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 666
Joined: Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Offline

Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm

This story goes back to 2008 when Ellen supported the Burma: It can't wait campaign which had been extended to offer support both for the cyclone tragedy and the release of Nobel Peace Prize recipient Aung San Suu Kyi :

http://www.ellenpage.net/html/charity.html
http://www.ellen-page.net/video/events2 ... y2008.html

There are reports now that Aung San Suu Kyi has been released from detention:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Act ... 43293.html
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Nov 25, 2010 1:28 am

Ellen makes a side appearance on the most recent Steve Agee Uhhh podcast:

http://web.me.com/steveagee/Site/Podcas ... de_38.html

Episode 38
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Steve welcomes Degrassi’s very own Shenae Grimes for a brief yet wonderful visit.
Image
User avatar

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 666
Joined: Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Offline

Nov 25, 2010 2:03 am

Glee Plane wrote:Ellen makes a side appearance on the most recent Steve Agee Uhhh podcast:

http://web.me.com/steveagee/Site/Podcas ... de_38.html

Episode 38
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Steve welcomes Degrassi’s very own Shenae Grimes for a brief yet wonderful visit.
Nice lighthearted podcast - thanks for posting G. :totalhappy:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Mar 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Ellen makes another appearance on the Steve Agee Uhhh podcast:

http://tinyurl.com/4khvy5e

Mon, 28 March 2011
Episode 44

This is it...the mother of all episodes. Ellen Page joins Steve once again along with some major Degrassi players! Lauren Collins and Jake Epstein grace the podcast along with bonus guest Michael Seater ("Life With Derek", "18 to Life"). I'm done writing a description, just listen.
Image
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am

Glee Plane wrote:Ellen makes another appearance on the Steve Agee Uhhh podcast:

http://tinyurl.com/4khvy5e

Mon, 28 March 2011
Episode 44

This is it...the mother of all episodes. Ellen Page joins Steve once again along with some major Degrassi players! Lauren Collins and Jake Epstein grace the podcast along with bonus guest Michael Seater ("Life With Derek", "18 to Life"). I'm done writing a description, just listen.
Funny episode.....although I did not watch much DeGrassi (old or new)....I still understood all the references. Steve Agee sounds like me, a CanuckoPhile, with all the Toronto and Canada talk..LOL

A great podcast, and hope Ellen joins in on more of them
Image
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Mar 30, 2011 12:23 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Funny episode.....although I did not watch much DeGrassi (old or new)....I still understood all the references. Steve Agee sounds like me, a CanuckoPhile, with all the Toronto and Canada talk..LOL

A great podcast, and hope Ellen joins in on more of them
I definitely need to watch Degrassi when I have some time, it sounds like a great show based on the enthusiasm for it on the podcasts.
Image
User avatar

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja
Posts: 4118
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 7:05 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote: Funny episode.....although I did not watch much DeGrassi (old or new)....I still understood all the references. Steve Agee sounds like me, a CanuckoPhile, with all the Toronto and Canada talk..LOL

A great podcast, and hope Ellen joins in on more of them
We watched DeGrassi as part of our "career and personal training" class in high school here. Thought it was super lame at the time, but as an adult I definitely watch the odd episode of the new DeGrassi, very very high quality show. They really get into all of the serious issues that youth face today, but without being in any way preachy. Its also a fascinating breeding ground for great young Canadian actors, EVERYBODY has been on that show.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.
Image
User avatar

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1066
Joined: Nov 14, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Baden-Baden
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mar 31, 2011 8:29 am

The A.V. Club Interview - Ellen Page
http://www.avclub.com/articles/ellen-page,53872/

‘Super’’s Ellen Page & Rainn Wilson on Vigilantism, Misogynistic Pigs & Kevin Bacon
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/sup ... acon/25378
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
User avatar

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan
Posts: 166
Joined: Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm
Status: Offline

Mar 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Letterman Tonight yes?
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

AddisonTea wrote:Letterman Tonight yes?
Yep Ellen will be on Letterman tonight. :)
Image
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Mar 31, 2011 11:27 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote: Funny episode.....although I did not watch much DeGrassi (old or new)....I still understood all the references. Steve Agee sounds like me, a CanuckoPhile, with all the Toronto and Canada talk..LOL

A great podcast, and hope Ellen joins in on more of them
We watched DeGrassi as part of our "career and personal training" class in high school here. Thought it was super lame at the time, but as an adult I definitely watch the odd episode of the new DeGrassi, very very high quality show. They really get into all of the serious issues that youth face today, but without being in any way preachy. Its also a fascinating breeding ground for great young Canadian actors, EVERYBODY has been on that show.
Career and Personal Training...Watching DeGrassi...LOL

I actually have watched some of the old and new....when you have nieces and nephews of all ages....you get DeGrassi'ed in more than one generation. The newer shows are definitely better produced, written, and acted. Even the original was not the usual cheesy American show.....imagine a 14 yr old Spike getting preggers on an American show in the Reagan 1980's :D

I do remember some of the episodes Paige...er Lauren was on. Funny she lost out to Ellen on a Gemini award....imagine Ellen punking DeGrassi :D
Image
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Mar 31, 2011 11:31 pm

OH....I need to ask....did anyone see the recent Entertainment Weekly with the short article with Ellen and her latest iPod tunes? I am trying to find it on-line and not having a bunch of luck. It was in the issue (last weeks) with Reese Witherspoon on the cover (Water for Elephants)
Image
User avatar

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1066
Joined: Nov 14, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Baden-Baden
Contact:
Status: Offline

Apr 01, 2011 12:35 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:I am trying to find it on-line and not having a bunch of luck. It was in the issue (last weeks) with Reese Witherspoon on the cover (Water for Elephants)
Here you go: http://www.ellenpage.org/press/index.php?news=3627

@Topic

'Super' Trouper
Ellen Page's singular career is shaped by bold choices, a fierce determination, and gratitude for the work.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/content_di ... e0e8a7597b
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
User avatar

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 666
Joined: Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Offline

Apr 01, 2011 3:52 am

Dominik wrote:@Topic

'Super' Trouper
Ellen Page's singular career is shaped by bold choices, a fierce determination, and gratitude for the work.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/content_di ... e0e8a7597b

Thanks for this article Dominik. For me it ranks as the best I've ever read, providing serious background on Ellen as a person and her motivations as an actress.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Apr 01, 2011 5:04 am

JimH wrote:
Dominik wrote:@Topic

'Super' Trouper
Ellen Page's singular career is shaped by bold choices, a fierce determination, and gratitude for the work.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/content_di ... e0e8a7597b

Thanks for this article Dominik. For me it ranks as the best I've ever read, providing serious background on Ellen as a person and her motivations as an actress.
Great find Dominik! This definitely stands out as one of the best I've read. It's very rare to learn so many new things about Ellen from one article.
Image
User avatar

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1066
Joined: Nov 14, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Baden-Baden
Contact:
Status: Offline

Apr 01, 2011 8:04 am

JimH wrote:Thanks for this article Dominik. For me it ranks as the best I've ever read, providing serious background on Ellen as a person and her motivations as an actress.
Glee Plane wrote:Great find Dominik! This definitely stands out as one of the best I've read. It's very rare to learn so many new things about Ellen from one article.
You're welcome. They even linked to this site (just move your mouse over the 'Ellen Page' link) :D :grooving: The only downer is that Ellen's character in SUPER is not "Bolty" :blink:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Apr 02, 2011 12:05 am

Dominik wrote:
JimH wrote:Thanks for this article Dominik. For me it ranks as the best I've ever read, providing serious background on Ellen as a person and her motivations as an actress.
Glee Plane wrote:Great find Dominik! This definitely stands out as one of the best I've read. It's very rare to learn so many new things about Ellen from one article.
You're welcome. They even linked to this site (just move your mouse over the 'Ellen Page' link) :D :grooving: The only downer is that Ellen's character in SUPER is not "Bolty" :blink:
Thanks for the articles Dominik :super:

Really enjoyed the article from Backstage. I think it sums up all of the reasons why we are here on EPO....Ellen is just an amazing person all around.

I love the "Steve McQueen" references made by James Gunn.....those of you old enough to remember Steve McQueen.....he was Da Man in movies when I was a kid. Go see The Getaway (original one) and LeMans. Ellen may not be Da Man....but she is our Steve McQueen (and our Small Newman, too) :D
Image

Buyhercandy
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 08, 2009 4:45 am
Status: Offline

Apr 18, 2011 12:44 am

I was wondering what interview these snippets are from. It seems it must be more than just a few excerpts?

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2011/0 ... ally-much/
Post Reply