Recent interviews and articles

Topics about the great Canadian actress

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Ellen: (Inception) "Craziest s--- I ever done"

Entertainment Weekly has their Summer Movie preview out....and the magazine has a nice one page write up....with some good quotes from Ellen (and a photo in the magazine edition)

The web link I provide is just a small part of the EW article....people in North America can find the latest issue in stores

The recent Ellen quotes about Inception has me in geek overload :biggrin:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/15/summe ... D=20355856

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 18, 2010 3:57 am

Re:
Hello in Japanese means $9,000 for kids in Page ad
(Did not want to spoil the joy of the article....but the kids were speaking Chinese...."Ni hao" is Chinese.....Japanese would be "Konichi wa"

The article title has been changed by author Beverly Ware: http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1177700.html

NEW TITLE
Students make thousands from Ellen Page ad

By BEVERLEY WARE South Shore Bureau
Sat. Apr 17 - 4:53 AM
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Although not an article I can find online....but...

Empire Magazine (one of the cool British film magazines) has quite a bit of Ellen in the May 2010 issue. It has the expanded review on "Whip It" (which Dominik has on ellenpage.org Press Archives already)...it also has some of the Marie Claire photos and interview w Ellen and Drew....some full page and half page photos.

Whats good about it....is that the guys can now buy a magazine with those risque Ellen photos without losing their man-card from buying Marie Claire :biggrin: Also, for the old skoolers out there....who like to still read magazines.....cool photos of Ellen in a magazine format

Remember, it is in Empire Magazine....May 2010 issue....which should be in the larger bookstores and booksellers in North America about now. Not sure of Empire Mag availability worldwide....but I figure it is available in Europe and other Anglophonic nations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Jim....thanks for staying on top of the Lunenburg kids story....cool to see that the local Halifax paper corrected the article.....try getting an American paper to do that :D And, Ellen is the economic machine....those kids made over $250,000 CDN combined.....maybe we can get Ellen to run for Florida governor....we could use the economic help :D

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Ellen Page Reveals Her Favorite Music
By Phoebe Reilly on June 18, 2010 10:48 AM

Name a song you've listened to in the past 24 hours.
Probably something from Peaches' Impeach My Bush, because her CD is in my car. "Tent in Your Pants" keeps me upbeat and engaged while I'm driving.

If you were to play someone in a rock biopic, who would it be?
Patti Smith. When I first heard Horses, it was like listening to all of my favorite "now" bands in one album. But she's so amazing that there's no way I could ever do it. I'd be puking every day. Plus, I don't look anything like her. She's got this gorgeous, heroin-chic thing going on, and I have a moon face.

What was the first album you bought with your own money?
Radiohead's Amnesiac. Yes, that's how young I am. They became my first sincere love in music. Before that, I was jumping on my bed and listening to Aqua.

So who comes after Radiohead on your iPod?
Ron Sexsmith. He's a Canadian singer-songwriter. There's a tragic sincerity to his music, kind of like Will Oldham. I used to see him walking around Toronto and get really giddy.

What's a song that you have put on a mix for somebody you had a crush on?
Cat Power's "Wild Is the Wind." It's way over the top. It might have been inappropriate-bordering-on-frightening, but that's all I'll say about that.

Is there a band that you and a costar have bonded over?
[Inception's] Cillian Murphy gave me the Bon Iver album For Emma, Forever Ago, and I listened to it nonstop. I don't put nearly as much effort into finding good music as I used to.

Whose T-shirt do you proudly wear?
I have this amazing CocoRosie shirt that reminds me of the time I went backpacking through Europe with my best friend, Mark. We went to this tiny show of theirs on the outskirts of Vienna.

Who would we be surprised to learn is in your collection?
Joe Budden. His song "Fire," featuring Busta Rhymes, makes me think of really greasy high-school parties. And sometimes I just like to put it on and dance like a moron. I dance like a moron very frequently when I'm by myself. Those are good times.

Source: http://www.spin.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Great article, Dom :super: I would love for Ellen to play Patti Smith in a biopic....I think Ellen would do great in the role....only drawback would be that Patti is kinda tall.

If she plays Patti in the biopic....I wanna play Lenny Kaye....Patti's guitarist and certified rock historian geek.....even a better role than Fred "Sonic" Smith (Patti's now-deceased husband)

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 19, 2010 9:59 am

Before that, I was jumping on my bed and listening to Aqua.
:laugh: One of the great Ellen quotes of all time.

Also nice to hear her mention Mark Rendall.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 20, 2010 3:30 am

Other than Patti Smith, who I never really liked, I've never heard of any of those bands that Ellen listens to. :)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 21, 2010 7:22 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote:Other than Patti Smith, who I never really liked, I've never heard of any of those bands that Ellen listens to. :)
Some of them I am not familiar with either....but hey Patti Smith rocks....Horses truly is a great album that sounds modern even for todays music

Cat Power and Peaches had songs on soundtracks of Ellen's films (Cat Power "Sea of Love" on Juno....Peaches "Boys Wanna Be Her" on Whip It)....

And....its cool to know that Ellen likes artists who are as old...or even older (Patti Smith) than we are :biggrin: You know you are getting old when Phillies pitcher Jamie Moyer is becoming your favorite player :biggrin:

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote: hey Patti Smith rocks....Horses truly is a great album that sounds modern even for todays music
To each his own, thats the great thing about music, there's something for everyone. :)
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Cat Power and Peaches had songs on soundtracks of Ellen's films (Cat Power "Sea of Love" on Juno....Peaches "Boys Wanna Be Her" on Whip It)....
OK, I have heard of those songs. :laugh:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:You know you are getting old when Phillies pitcher Jamie Moyer is becoming your favorite player :biggrin:
Being a Mets fan I could never like any Phillies player. :laugh: But I am old enough to remember Gordie Howe playing in the NHL at 51. :)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 22, 2010 7:13 am

Oh...you got me on the Gordie Howe one :biggrin: And he was still playing when were kids....and now his kids have retired from the NHL :biggrin: Where's my cane :biggrin:

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 22, 2010 4:54 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Oh...you got me on the Gordie Howe one :biggrin: And he was still playing when were kids....and now his kids have retired from the NHL :biggrin: Where's my cane :biggrin:

I remember watching Gordie play back then and thinking that he was so old. Now, as I creep closer to that age, its not so old anymore. :laugh:

I know Satchel Paige pitched in a baseball game when he was 59 but I don't remember that, it was before my time. :)

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Hmm... Gordie Howe played his last NHL game two years before I was born. ImageImage

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 23, 2010 7:23 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Oh...you got me on the Gordie Howe one :biggrin: And he was still playing when were kids....and now his kids have retired from the NHL :biggrin: Where's my cane :biggrin:

I remember watching Gordie play back then and thinking that he was so old. Now, as I creep closer to that age, its not so old anymore. :laugh:

I know Satchel Paige pitched in a baseball game when he was 59 but I don't remember that, it was before my time. :)
Yep Satchel was a little before my time, too....Wish I could say that for former Braves pitcher Warren Spahn....who payed long enough for my dad to see him play as a kid...then me to see him play as a kid (at least what my folks told me) :biggrin:

-- June 23rd, 2010, 1:24 am --
bluetoes591 wrote:Hmm... Gordie Howe played his last NHL game two years before I was born. [ http://www3.telus.net/bluetoes591/smili ... oldguy.gif ][ http://www3.telus.net/bluetoes591/smilies/icon_nyah.gif ]
I was afraid I would get that :laugh: I would be scared if you didn't remember his kids playing.... :laugh:

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 25, 2010 10:01 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
I was afraid I would get that :laugh: I would be scared if you didn't remember his kids playing.... :laugh:
I vaguely recall Marty playing, but Mark Howe for sure. Didn't he play into the nineties? Its a weird feeling when you realize that all of your childhood sporting heros are retired.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 25, 2010 7:28 pm

bluetoes591 wrote: I vaguely recall Marty playing, but Mark Howe for sure. Didn't he play into the nineties? Its a weird feeling when you realize that all of your childhood sporting heros are retired.
Mark was on the '95 Red Wings team that lost to the Devils in the Finals. I think that was his last year.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Turning the Page: Actress Ellen Page stays grounded while her career goes Hollywood.
By Bob Thompson, Canwest News Service July 6, 2010

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Ellen Page couldn't look more elfin - or out of place - sitting on a swanky sofa in an over-decorated hotel suite.

Neat yet casual in jeans, shirt, jacket and cap, the diminutive and earnest Haligonian leans forward as she dutifully assesses her past and her dislocated presence here in Hollywood.

"It's definitely a transition," says Page of being approached by fans in the glamour capital of the world. "I don't want people to feel like I am anything special, but I do understand I am part of the entertainment industry and the whole circus created around it."

It wasn't that long ago the 23-year-old was just another promising Canadian upstart who seemed to have made the transition from child actor to teen without suffering the hackneyed emotional setbacks along the way.

Her high-profile, Oscar-nominated performance in Juno confirmed what many had predicted for her, and now she finds herself poised to take the next step in a big studio movie.

Opening July 16, Inception is filmmaker Christopher Nolan's post-Dark Knight sci-fi head trip, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays Dom Cobb, the leader of a corporate espionage team, which infiltrates and manipulates other people's dreams for monetary gain.

As the assignments get more dangerous, physically and psychologically, a desperate Cobb decides to do one last treacherous "inception" dream caper so he can return to his neglected family.

To that end, he enlists a brilliant student, Ariadne (Page), to manufacture the premise of a 'dreamscape' designed to trick the final target, a wealthy but insecure CEO (Cillian Murphy) of a powerful global corporation.

The more involved Ariadne becomes in the score, the more she realizes the mission is far more complicated, and much more threatening, than she anticipated, even as Cobb's wife (Marion Cotillard) interferes on many levels. Rounding out the cast are Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Ken Watanabe, who make up the rest of Cobb's squad.

If Inception sounds like an unlikely mix of actors and styles, it is on purpose. Nolan, who wrote the treatment 10 years ago, calls the movie a genre blend of a heist flick and spy movie presented as "an eye-candy playground for action and adventure."

Of course, Inception was created before his calling-card Batman movies - 2005's Batman Begins and 2008's The Dark Knight - and even pre-dates his 2000 film-festival favourite, Memento.

With a few significant adjustments to the narrative and the budget - suggested now to be well north of $150 million US - Nolan has finally constructed his pet project in an epic way.

That's why Page understands the invitation to this Nolan film party is special. "Look, I had really high expectations going into this, and the experience completely exceeded my expectations," Page says.

First of all, Nolan lived up to his reputation among actors as thoughtful and respectful.

"Chris is super-lovely," agrees the co-star. "The obvious thing is that he's original and an auteur, but he's got this awesome thing as a filmmaker where he's completely ego-less."

Then there was acting opposite DiCaprio. "That was surreal," Page confesses sheepishly. "I've been watching him since I was a kid."

Adding to the intrigue, on camera and off, were the multiple locations, which saw cast and crew shoot over a five-month stretch in Tokyo, Paris, Tangiers, London, L.A., plus key sequences near Banff, Alta., at an abandoned ski resort.

"But I admire Chris (Nolan). because he let us have our acting moments and that doesn't always happen in these big summer movies," Page said.

Always determined, the Halifax native started acting at 10 in the Canadian telefilm Pit Pony, which evolved into a series. She kept it local by appearing in the Halifax-based show, The Trailer Park Boys, portraying Treena Lahey in Season 2.

By the time she was 15, Page decided on the acting life. She worked in more TV and film, and proved she had a bright future, with her layered portrayal of the young schemer in Hard Candy, the resilient Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat in X-Men: The Last Stand, and, of course, the caustic pregnant teen in her Oscar-honoured Juno.

Her Inception role should continue her momentum, but she seems more concerned about finding a challenge that intrigues her.

"I never became an actor so people would know my name or make me money," she insists. "I have this job where I get to be creative and get inspired."

Talk's cheap, of course, but Page is putting her talents where her ambitions are.

She's co-writing a screenplay with two friends, and she just sold a TV series she created to HBO called Stitch N' Bitch. "It's kind of a lampoon about two desperate young hipster artists who want to be artists of any kind," she says.

And, after shooting the blockbuster Inception, she did the indie-funded action comedy, Super, with The Office's Rainn Wilson. "We filmed that in Louisiana by the seat of our pants."

The point is that Page is less interested in a career developed by somebody else and more inspired by an ambition she decides to pursue.

"When other people create expectations about you, and for you, out here," says Page of the Hollywood mentality, "it can get very dangerous."

Source: www.canada.com

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jul 10, 2010 2:24 am

That's a nice interview, seems a little more casual and open than some of her other recent ones.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Sweet and short
Ellen Page, the diminutive star of 'Juno' has become highly bankable – and is now starring alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in Christopher Nolan's latest fantasy film, Inception
By Christine Lennon, Published: 10:30AM BST 12 Jul 2010

Ellen Page is adrift in a sea of white marble and chrome. We've met in a huge suite at the fashionable new W hotel in Hollywood and the elfin star of Juno (the surprise indie hit that earned her an Oscar nomination for best actress and its screenwriter, Diablo Cody, a win) is perched awkwardly on a semi-circular sofa in the middle of the room.

'How does a person even sit on this thing?' she asks. In black jeans, a simple black blouse with short, puffy sleeves and low black boots, Page is the most subtle thing about the place.

Indeed, it's clear the Nova Scotian would rather be hiking somewhere in the Canadian woods or camping by a lake than hanging out in a glitzy hotel.

'I'm really looking forward to being outside, snuggling with my dogs and riding my bike,' says Page, who is spending the summer back in Nova Scotia.

If it wasn't for the deepness of her voice and her serious, intensely thoughtful manner of speaking, one could be forgiven for assuming Page was much younger than her 23 years.

She is so small (barely 5ft) that you feel as if you could put her in your pocket. She even drives a tiny car. 'My Smart Car is awesome. The only problem is I've been on the freeway and felt like I was going to be blown away like a coffee cup.'

Page is promoting Inception, this summer's sci-fi blockbuster by Christopher Nolan (the director of Memento and The Dark Knight), in which she stars with Leonardo DiCaprio.

It's her first blockbuster since X-Men: The Last Stand and a far cry from the whip-smart, pregnant, punk-loving teen she played in Juno at the age of 19. Ariadne, her character in Inception, is a recent recruit into the world of dream espionage.

'She's just learning about these ideas and, in essence, she assists the audience in learning about dream sharing,' she says. 'It's about how extractors can tap into a subject's dreams and gather information.'

If this sounds a little cryptic it may be because the production has been shrouded in secrecy. The trailers give nothing away and the stars have been instructed to do the same.

Page is much plainer when talking about working with DiCaprio. 'Leo is a f– movie star,' she says emphatically. 'It was really insane to be in a place like Morocco in an area that seems semi-abandoned and have people yelling, "Leo, Leo," ' she says. 'I was maybe 10 or 11 when I saw Titanic. And, yes, I was a fan. I loved it.

And I think I maybe even had a picture of Leo in my locker at school. Shh – don't tell anyone!'

Page was already acting herself by then; she was cast in Pit Pony, a film for Canadian television, at 10 years old and continued to work throughout her school years.

At 17 she played the lead role in Hard Candy, a cult hit in which Page's 14-year-old character turns the tables on a paedophile. It was a hard-hitting and critically acclaimed performance. (It's also the film that caught the attention of Jason Reitman, who directed Juno.)

'I think of some of the things they've allowed me to do,' Page says of her parents, 'and I think, "Wow." When I was 16 my parents let me live alone in Europe [to film Mouth to Mouth], and I may have had wine once in a while. I may leave out some details about some experiences,' she says with a laugh.

'But I've never been really rebellious. I've got a lot of support and I'm not pushed so hard that I feel like I'm going to burn out, which is what happens to a lot of actors in their early twenties.'

Although Page's parents separated when she was a child (she has two step-siblings from her father's first marriage), it is clear that she is close to both of them.

'I never went through one of those "but I want to go to the party" whining and fighting phases,' she says – unlike her most recent character, in Whip It, Drew Barrymore's directorial debut.

Bliss Cavender, a reluctant beauty pageant contestant turned roller derby champion, struggles throughout the film to break free of her mother's – and her own – expectations.

'I think there's a tremendous amount of guilt that goes on between mothers and daughters, no matter how good or bad their relationships are,' Barrymore has said. 'It kills girls inside when they think they're letting their mothers down.'

The film is also a riotous celebration of female friendship, something Page values highly in her own life. 'The relationships I've had with my girl friends are so powerful and meaningful. Without them I truly don't know what I'd do,' she says.

Many lasting friendships sprang up among the Whip It cast, not least between the director and its star.

Since the end of filming Page and Barrymore have been to Las Vegas together for their birthdays, celebrated the New Year in Mexico and frequently appear together at rock concerts in Los Angeles.

Barrymore, she says, 'is an absolute blast. Drew always brings such a positive energy.'

Like Page, Barrymore was a star from a young age and has no doubt counselled Page about the perils of early fame – and of the press.

Indeed, there has been some catty speculation about Page's sexuality, including an 'is she or isn't she?' blog post by a prominent columnist for the Village Voice in New York.

Page seemed to mock the question when she performed on Saturday Night Live in 2008, playing a girl who has a semi-religious experience at a concert by the lesbian singer Melissa Etheridge. 'Why can't I just hug a woman with my legs in friendship?' she asked.

Her sense of humour is clearly intact, but it's apparent that public scrutiny of her private life stung. 'The things people wrote about me when Juno came out… You know no one should be allowed to write that about a 21-year-old kid,' she says.

'People treat [celebrity gossip] like it's a joke. "Let's splatter their face on newspapers every day and show them being taken out of their house on a stretcher." It's, like, why don't we ask why this is happening? It makes me very angry.'

Page has found unusual ways to deal with her struggles with fame, such as taking time out to study 'permaculture' ('the creation of sustainable, agriculturally productive, non-polluting and healthy settlements', according to the Permaculture Association) on a residential course in Oregon, shovelling goat dung and learning about soil for a month.

'It was absolutely mind-blowing,' she says of the experience. 'It taught me how to live on the earth in a more holistic way. I felt, "This is exactly where I want to be right now."'

Or making silly YouTube videos of herself singing 1970s rock songs off-key with her Whip It co-star Alia Shawkat and the hip recording artist Har Mar Superstar.

She and Shawkat are also working on a pilot for the HBO channel called Stitch N' Bitch, about a girl band that decamps from one cooler-than-thou American enclave (Brooklyn, in New York) to another (Silver Lake, in Los Angeles). 'I get to take off to Amsterdam and write with my friends. It's incredible,' Page says of the project.

Her next role is that of a video-store clerk with super-hero delusions (in the upcoming Super, opposite Rainn Wilson, who plays the Mackenzie Crook role in the American version of The Office) but, in real life, Page is decidedly un-geeky.

She's a self-confessed technophobe – 'I just don't have time for all the software updates. How many updates could there be in the world?' – who doesn't even own a camera.

She hates shopping and prefers to spend her time snowboarding, playing guitar or swotting up on the environment. Her reading list has recently included David Suzuki's The Big Picture, which contains chapter headings such as 'Interconnections in the Biosphere'.

She and DiCaprio 'had great conversations about the ecological situation' on the set of Inception, she says.

DiCaprio is closely affiliated with the Natural Resources Defense Council among other environmental groups in America and, back home in Nova Scotia, Page has also become 'a humble crusader', as she puts it, for renewable, sustainable energy.

But the trouble with being so together at such a young age, so wise before your time, is that you really notice when other people aren't.

'I've had a lot of co-stars who started working when they were my age or younger,' she says (namely Barrymore, DiCaprio and Jason Bateman from Juno) 'and they've all said, "Thank God TMZ [the American gossip website that posts paparazzi footage of celebrities behaving badly] wasn't around when was your age."

Honestly, I want to ask the people who stalk young actors, "What were you up to in your early twenties?"'

'Inception' is out on Friday

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks for posting Dominik :) There's a least one nugget of new information I've not seen before:
She and Shawkat are also working on a pilot for the HBO channel called Stitch N' Bitch, about a girl band that decamps from one cooler-than-thou American enclave (Brooklyn, in New York) to another (Silver Lake, in Los Angeles). 'I get to take off to Amsterdam and write with my friends. It's incredible,' Page says of the project.
The "girl band" information I don't think has been revealed before.
Also the interviewer failed to mention that Ellen will be on David Suzuki's CBC radio show "The Bottom Line" at some point. But a nice article which does a good job of both encapsulating Ellen's background and establishing her current status.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 13, 2010 11:25 pm

INsite Gainesville Interview
by Prairie Miller, published on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 13:12

Ellen Page wants to mess with your head. Maybe even steal your ideas. At least that's as far as you can get when picking her brain about her role in the covert, invasive mind-mission thriller with Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard, this month’s Inception.

Better known for her gabby and rude teenage conversation-style in Juno, the Oscar nominee was adamantly tight-lipped and under strict orders from director Christopher Nolan to not leak any Inception plots points in this interview. Dubbed “the tiny Canadian,” the 23-year-old spilled the beans about other stuff, like playing a sociopath, screen sex, her take-it-or-leave-it on whether you like her or not, and just how shy and strange she can be.

What are you up to with Inception?
It's rad as all hell. And I'm really excited about it.

What do you play in the movie?
I can't say.

You can't say?
No! And then I'm going to do a movie directed by James Gunn, with Rainn Wilson and Liv Tyler. It's called Super. I play a sociopath, so I'm pretty stoked about that too. James Gunn knows his shit.

A sociopath?
Yeah. That will be fun.

Well, what can and can't you tell us about Inception?
Not much! But working with Chris Nolan was awesome.

How so?
He's not one of those directors with a huge ego. He just wants to make a good movie. And an actor couldn't ask for anything better. Even if I wasn't in the movie. And I just had a blast.

You've done some pretty weird roles. So what gets you high on a character?
Just the honesty. And something that like gets a fire going in me, so that I want to spend time with that character.

How about getting into on-screen sexuality?
It starts with establishing a kind of confidence, and being in touch with yourself. Then developing a sense of sexuality around a way you've never felt before. That's really nice to explore. For all that to happen, it's very strange. But if I do something I don't care about, I'm going to suck. This journey to me is really about finding that thing in life that makes your blood boil, and makes your passion ignite inside of you. That enables you to find your true potential, and to find a confidence and a sensuality and a strength that is powerful for anyone to find, no matter what age. And whether they’re male or female.

Would you ever describe yourself as a party girl?
No, I'm actually pretty shy. And the attention that's put on me can make me feel really strange. But I'm into hanging out too.

Do relationships change when you're famous?
I’ve had really close friends at different times in my life. In junior high school, my best friend was a guy named Alex, and we were absolutely inseparable. And then later on, I had a couple of friends in high school. And they are two of my best friends. But yeah, relationships are important to me.

How about Twitter?
Nah. But if it works for somebody else, awesome.

Who inspires you?
My mom; she's a tough cookie. And she’s been through a lot in her life. But she's a really amazing woman.

What turns you on about being an actress?
It’s just what I feel at the moment, and what I get pumped up about. But it really doesn’t affect me whether people like things or not, or like me or not. I’m just so grateful to be able to do what I do right now. And I take every moment as it comes.

How do you know when you’re good?
Do I know when I’m good? Oh God, no. I do my thing, and hopefully it works for people. It probably works for some people, and not for everyone. But that's just the way it is.

Source: http://www.insitegainesville.com