Roots

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
neptun84

Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm

i am big elen page fan but i really wonder where is she from originally?mean she is from canada but which part?is she from scottish canadian or french canadian or something..??anyone knows? :doubtful:

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 16, 2010 9:32 pm

neptun84 wrote:i am big elen page fan but i really wonder where is she from originally?mean she is from canada but which part?is she from scottish canadian or french canadian or something..??anyone knows? :doubtful:
Welcome to EPO. New members may introduce themselves here if they wish: http://board.ellen-page.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=460

Reading Ellen's biography on this site: http://www.ellenpage.org/html/biography.html would generally be preferred rather than using a discussion thread to ask this question. :yellowink:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Topic author
neptun84

Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm

i couldn't find my answer :(

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. There's your answer. :hey:
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 18, 2010 10:26 pm

The region she was born in (Nova Scotia) has multiple influences depending on how far back in time you look, but is today a largely English speaking province as compared to Quebec which is the largely French speaking province.

The entire region comprising the present-day province was originally populated by the Mi'kmaq First Nation.The first European settlers were the French, who founded Acadia in 1604. Nova Scotia was briefly colonized by Scottish settlers in 1620, though by 1624 the Scottish settlers had been removed by treaty and the area was turned over to the French until the mid-18th century. After the defeat of the French and prior expulsion of the Acadians, settlers of English, Irish, Scottish and African descent began arriving on the shores of Nova Scotia.
Settlement was greatly accelerated by the resettlement of Loyalists in Nova Scotia during the period following the end of the American Revolutionary War. It was during this time that a large African Nova Scotian community took root, populated by freed slaves and Loyalist blacks and their families, who had fought for the crown in exchange for land. This community later grew when the Royal Navy began intercepting slave ships destined for the United States, and deposited these free slaves on the shores of Nova Scotia.
Later, in the 19th century the Irish Famine and, especially, the Scottish Highland Clearances resulted in large influxes of migrants with Celtic cultural roots, which helped to define the dominantly Celtic character of Cape Breton and the north mainland of the province. This Gaelic influence continues to play an important role in defining the cultural life of the province and around 500 to 2000 Nova Scotians today are fluent in Scottish Gaelic. Nearly all live in Antigonish County or on Cape Breton Island.[69][70]
Modern Nova Scotia is a mix of cultures. The government works to support Mi'kmaq, French, Gaelic and African-Nova Scotian culture through the establishment of government secretariats, as well as colleges, educational programs and cultural centres. The province is also eager to attract new immigrants,[71] but has had limited success. The major population centres at Halifax and Sydney are the most cosmopolitan, hosting large Arab populations (in the former) and Eastern European populations (in the latter). Halifax Regional Municipality hosts a yearly multicultural festival.[72]

Topic author
neptun84

Nov 19, 2010 12:22 pm

we dont know exactly but nova scotia population usually come from scotland or england..where comes her beauty?i wonder her parents actually..she is not typical english or scottish..more than french..

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 19, 2010 4:17 pm

The only information that is most often reported in Ellen's biographies are the names of her parents.
Parents: Dennis Page (Graphic Designer), Martha Phillpotts (School Teacher)

If anyone has more information please PM neptun84.