New Cisco Commercial!

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm

This card game commerical is my favorite one so far!

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 12, 2011 6:32 am

Wow...I hope we get a few more! And more of them shown on ESPN :D Love the Cisco Ellen commercials

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 12, 2011 8:32 am

I think it's really neat how they're getting a bunch of her best friends in show business, and even Lil who's not to my knowledge, to do the commercials with her. Gives the ads a much more personal feel. Funny enough my grandmother recognized Ellen's name after my cousin (who I know is lurking this forum as we speak, post dammit) mentioned her, but after going through every movie and even the few TV shows in her career, we couldn't figure out what she remembered her from. She's seen Juno, but over that, she recognized her from the Cisco commercials. Must be doing a pretty damn good job if some people are recognizing her more from her commercials than movies.

-- Jan 12, 2011 12:32 am --
Glee Plane wrote:This card game commerical is my favorite one so far!
I really like it but the look on her face during the "Spoons" commercial is just too priceless. Lil's just going nuts and showing off and she's just staring blankly like "What the hell's going on?" :laugh: .

shura

Jul 06, 2011 7:48 pm

What I think is really neat is how my post about CISCO's business in Russia got deleted. Way to go. :)

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

shura wrote:What I think is really neat is how my post about CISCO's business in Russia got deleted. Way to go. :)
I addressed this in a Private Message to you but since you choose to bring it up, this thread simply relates to Ellen Page and is not intended for any other purpose. Moderation means keeping topics on track. :)
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jul 04, 2012 11:41 pm

EPO and this message board are briefly mentioned in this case study on the Cisco umi campaign feat. Ellen and a couple of her closest friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEf4ppbmHc

I've also uploaded a new umi commercial ("Etiquette") on the main site today ;)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Munkey

Jul 05, 2012 12:12 am

I miss those commercials. Seems like they had a lot of fun. I like the UMI, just wish it would catch on more. Been waiting for Video Phone calls for years.

I see the website even got a mention. Well done Dom.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 05, 2012 1:54 am

"...Ellen's top fan web site..."

Awesome Dom! Nice recognition.

Those were really good commercials, I still do not know why they stopped running them in the USA, and they did that before pulling the Umi

Loved all the Cisco ads Ellen did

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 08, 2012 6:15 am

EPO MADE IT TO TELEVISION GUYS. SERIOUSLY. GUYS.

EPO.

WAS IN A CISCO UMI COMMERCIAL.

GUYS.

SERIOUSLY.

:stunned:

WE'RE FAMOUS. :hyper:
Be your own hero

plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 09, 2012 1:32 pm

CommanderKool wrote:WE'RE FAMOUS. :hyper:
Well, I woudn't say WE are famous, but it's actually really exciting that EPO gets the deserved attention. :yes:
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

CommanderKool
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I personally think that EPO is the best website out on the Internet! I also think that we are a great fan-base for Ellen. We're not like other fan-bases because we don't really look at the gossip aspect of Ellen's career, for one. I mean, yeah, we don't get a lot of attention from Ellen...but that doesn't mean that she doesn't appreciate at us, right? :longtongue:
Be your own hero

studnothin
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jul 12, 2012 2:43 am

CommanderKool wrote:I personally think that EPO is the best website out on the Internet! I also think that we are a great fan-base for Ellen. We're not like other fan-bases because we don't really look at the gossip aspect of Ellen's career, for one. I mean, yeah, we don't get a lot of attention from Ellen...but that doesn't mean that she doesn't appreciate at us, right? :longtongue:
well you support her career and help publicize it, so i would assume that effort is appreciated just by virtue of the fact you're buying tickets, though i'm never sure how much that matters in the long run, especially for an actor who seems to be in it for the long run. however, i get the impression there's an underlying implication in your comment that she could probably do more to appreciate that effort. besides, as nice as the gesture may be, we're still talking about another person here, and it puts a great deal of pressure on anyone not to disappoint when they have a "fan base." the fact is expectations are built up so high no one could live up to them, which makes for a very unappealing challenge not to disappoint people. i certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with it. also, this site has elected to take the high road in not entertaining or publicizing gossip or rumors, but it still creates a forum for people to discuss another person in a very familiar way, which is still, at least in my opinion, a breach of good taste. usually i don't even talk about the people i DO know, but that's just because i don't find people very interesting... unless they're doing something psychotic and entertaining of course.
Though, I don't know how well a crushed lunchbox with a spear through it would work...