Ellen doing stand-up

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am

This must have been done literally 15 minutes ago.

http://vimeo.com/16830620

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 15, 2010 2:54 am

Just saw this on her Facebook a bit ago, was about to post it. Here's her Facebook post about it:

She'll need some time to work on it and get comfortable performing in front of an audience, considering she's shy, but there's no doubt in my mind she could pull it off. She's always funny in interviews; stand up comedy is basically the same concept except there's no one leading you with questions.

Really liked the bee joke and the couchcollege.com bit could turn out good, I'm pretty sure the rest was all unfinished, particularly the one about the Canadian coin, that was a bit of an eyebrow raiser. Really excited to see where she goes with this, it could potentially be the best news I've heard in a while. Perfect opportunity to see her do her stuff in person if she keeps it up.

I also absolutely loved that she was speaking into a hairbrush :laugh: .

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 15, 2010 3:41 am

Awesome video, I especially liked the anarchist and bee joke and the "good night everybody" at the end.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 15, 2010 4:07 am

It's funny because we love her - but I hope she's not serious about doing stand-up :yellowink: It was so awkward in parts that it reminded me of an episode of The Office. She is gutsy though, putting this out there and making fun of herself :laugh:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 15, 2010 4:59 am

JimH wrote:It's funny because we love her - but I hope she's not serious about doing stand-up :yellowink: It was so awkward in parts that it reminded me of an episode of The Office. She is gutsy though, putting this out there and making fun of herself :laugh:
Yeah I don't think I would've laughed as much as I did if it wasn't her, but I do think it'd be neat if she tried it for a little bit for fun. I wouldn't want to see that become a focus of hers but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her do it a couple times on some late night shows or making an occasional appearance at some small places to do a little act. I can't imagine it being something she'd be as good at as she is acting, but if she has fun with it I'd love to see her try.

Topic author
AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 15, 2010 5:21 am

I was alerted when I noticed Steve Agee posted it on his Vimeo page. I saw it first ahhh haaa :)

I don't think ellen is taking this seriously. I think it's just a way of her telling us she'll be the soon.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 15, 2010 6:38 am

AddisonTea wrote:I was alerted when I noticed Steve Agee posted it on his Vimeo page. I saw it first ahhh haaa :)

I don't think ellen is taking this seriously. I think it's just a way of her telling us she'll be the soon.
I agree, although everything I said about thinking she could do it well if she actually tried to is true. I'm well aware this was just her being a goof with Steve, but a couple of the jokes were still pretty funny and I truly think she could do it well if she put her mind to it.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 15, 2010 5:31 pm

I think the awkwardness was literally the act. She's hilarious, and sweet and that literally made my day. Especially that bit at the end where she goes "Goodnight everybody!" in the funny voice. What a legend. :D
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 16, 2010 12:12 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:I think the awkwardness was literally the act. She's hilarious, and sweet and that literally made my day. Especially that bit at the end where she goes "Goodnight everybody!" in the funny voice. What a legend. :D
As great as the goodbye was, the best part for me was when she just cracks up during the couchcollege.com joke and Steve has to cut the video.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 16, 2010 12:26 am

Yeah, that laugh was so natural, just puts a big grin on your face.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

daydreamnation

Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm

That was hilarious lolled at the "Goodnight everybody" at the end :D

Its to bad I can't comment on the video. I would have said something like "Wicked tiger!" just to further establish my Ellen movie nerd status :)

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 18, 2010 3:59 am

clearly she is not serious. that was adorable though. i liked the nod to natalie portman. listening to her types of jokes obviously related to her own life/interests... she really is into boring stuff (at least in terms of her age group) her interests aren't exactly partying and stuff and they're so focused on certain things. its pretty obvious with her jokes. I love it!

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Nov 18, 2010 4:49 am

AddisonTea wrote:I don't think ellen is taking this seriously. I think it's just a way of her telling us she'll be the soon.
Yeah, i think she's just having fun. It's interesting to me that she posts so many more videos of herself playing around than anyone else i can think of.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 18, 2010 5:02 am

angie wrote:clearly she is not serious. that was adorable though. i liked the nod to natalie portman. listening to her types of jokes obviously related to her own life/interests... she really is into boring stuff (at least in terms of her age group) her interests aren't exactly partying and stuff and they're so focused on certain things. its pretty obvious with her jokes. I love it!
Yeah I hate partying. That's part of why I like her so much, she seems to as well :D .

harzer_knaller
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 22, 2010 10:01 am

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD
this is so friggin funny, adorable and most of all cute!
<33333
:hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

Thank you very much, Addison, for linking this awesome piece of work and of course many many thanks to Steve Agee and Ellen for doin this skit!
HeartHer wrote:[...] She'll need some time to [...] get comfortable performing in front of an audience [...]
Yeah, totally. You could really see her not feelin comfy on her SNL monologue. I always have the strong need to hug her when I'm watching that special SNL episode/part^^.

Topic author
AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Dec 22, 2010 3:45 pm

hah. the link was pretty much 5 minute old news. :)

i saw a video on youtube, i'll look for it again, but it is her stand-up w/ crowd/effects. it was funny.