Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Sep 30, 2010 3:25 pm

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/09 ... ts-350.php

A brief update titled
Ellen Page Supports 350.org's Global Work Party (Video)
on 350.org's Global Work Party including a public service video from Ellen. Seems like Ellen has decided to be even more visible and active about the issues she cares about :thumbsup:

You can see what's happening in your part of the world here: http://www.350.org/map
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sep 30, 2010 4:02 pm

And here is the corresponding news entry on EPO :grooving:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Great to see her actively involved in this sort of thing. Just realised recently that Leo DiCaprio is a big supporter of saving the planet too.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2010 6:41 pm

I love how she is consistently involved with various environmental causes. I definitely will join a 10/10/10 event in my area.

funkenderstadt
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 30, 2010 8:22 pm

what very nice picture dominik. Seriously where was it when i take the brush? Regards ;)

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Sep 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Dominik wrote: And here is the corresponding news entry on EPO :grooving:
Faster than a speeding pipe wrench Dominik :yellowink: And The Huffington Post has also picked up the story, here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/3 ... 45320.html

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Wow there's an event very near me, in Manhattan Beach which is adjacent to where I live. Right next to my friend's house too. Unfortunately not sure if I'll be able to go, Sundays are ridiculously busy for me. I'll do my best though, I'm pretty sure I could pass it off as community service, so as my mom is always trying to get me to do comm. service for my college application I can probably get out of some stuff to go actually.

Love that she's involved, whether or not people like to admit it famous people are looked up to in our society and having them set an example is a huge help. Helps to counteract the ones that are out drinking and getting arrested.

Great picture by the way, always love seeing my favorite stars dressed normally, they're all usually dressed so lavishly it's cool to just see them as normal people.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 04, 2010 8:21 am

Interesting news....wonder if some sewage sludge irrigation in Halifax gets cleaned up next Sunday :grinning: Good to see Ellen so active

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Ellen had previously made this entry on her Facebook page:
Ellen Page Bill McKibben, one of my favorite authors (Deep Economy, Eaarth) just brought the solar panels that Jimmy Carter put on the White House, but Reagan took down, back and asked Obama to put them back up and the answer was no...the answer was NO! I don't even know what to do...just needed to let you all know. If we don't have politicians doing something as basic as using solar...how are we going to change this situation?
But today we learn "Obama will soon put solar panels atop the White House" http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... r-panels/1
and Ellen has made this Facebook entry:
Ellen Page Great news! I just heard on Democracy Now that Obama is going to put Solar Panels on the White House!
Now Canadians lets get on Stephen Harper!
So maybe now is the time - voices are being heard.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 06, 2010 12:31 am

JimH wrote:Ellen had previously made this entry on her Facebook page:
Ellen Page Bill McKibben, one of my favorite authors (Deep Economy, Eaarth) just brought the solar panels that Jimmy Carter put on the White House, but Reagan took down, back and asked Obama to put them back up and the answer was no...the answer was NO! I don't even know what to do...just needed to let you all know. If we don't have politicians doing something as basic as using solar...how are we going to change this situation?
But today we learn "Obama will soon put solar panels atop the White House" http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... r-panels/1
and Ellen has made this Facebook entry:
Ellen Page Great news! I just heard on Democracy Now that Obama is going to put Solar Panels on the White House!
Now Canadians lets get on Stephen Harper!
So maybe now is the time - voices are being heard.
That's fantastic, if I ever win the lottery the first thing I'm doing is buying a huge house... the 2nd is to outfit it with solar panels :sassy: .

So who's gonna get involved on 10-10-10? If I can make it down I'm gonna help plant a drought-proof garden at town hall.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 06, 2010 5:24 am

I will probably help put up a solar panel on the roof of a house, kind of a coincidence with the Ellen's facebook posting :happy:

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 03, 2010 9:43 am

So did their part? I attended a summit for a few hours, visited an eco-energy fair for about 30 minutes, then helped mulch a drought-resistant, completely California native garden. Pretty neat, the whole Eco Club from my school was there helping too so I joined through this. Really neat experience to be involved in.

-- Nov 03, 2010 1:43 am --

For those who don't know, Prop 23 was rejected here in California. This was one of the key issues Ellen helped to oppose in LA on 10-10-10. Looks like a small victory for the environment, hopefully all the other states think the same way and do something about it.

studnothin
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 03, 2010 6:52 pm

i helped by peeing in my neighbors yard, but that's kind of a cheat since that's my typical day anyway.
Though, I don't know how well a crushed lunchbox with a spear through it would work...

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 06, 2010 2:39 am

studnothin wrote:i helped by peeing in my neighbors yard, but that's kind of a cheat since that's my typical day anyway.
:laugh:

Oh wow.

-- Nov 05, 2010 6:39 pm --

This is coming up in LA:

http://earth.350.org/about/

I'm gonna go to this too, heard about it yesterday and I'm hoping I can make it down there with someone. Today it occurred to me how awesome it'd be if Ellen was at this too... but I doubt it that'd be a hell of a lot of traveling. I can hardly even take going from LA to New York every few months, that'd be unbearable.