Favorite Ellen interview quotes

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 27, 2010 9:38 am

There's another one of these for favorite movie quotes which was pretty fun to read through, so I figured with all the funny interviews she's done one of these was in order. A couple of my favorites (will not be verbatim):

"I used to live in a, a former, a former brothel, but uh one day I was in the park and a lovely homeless gentleman who's there frequently told me that Ellen Page lived there, so I decided to move."

"Well... urine... is a valued commodity in this situation."
Last edited by HeartHer on Sep 28, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

boyon12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sep 27, 2010 1:13 pm

" I come in at night and expect to see some transparent slut at the top of the stairs." [On her 19th century Halifax home, a former brothel]

" Judging people you don`t know for things you don`t understand is just really stupid."

" The thing I like about acting is being able to lose yourself completely in someone else. I`m not that comfortable when I get recognized."

These are my favorite quotes :)
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”-Albert Einstein

July 28th, 2010: The day of my Ellen page enlightenment

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 27, 2010 6:11 pm

One of my favorite Ellen interviews was the one with Conan O'Brien:

"Sometimes you just want to calm down with a buddy cop movie starring Whoopi Goldberg and a dinosaur"

"I have a bit of insecurity with my forehead, someone once called it an alien landing ship pad"

"I'm good at juggling a soccer ball on my head"

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 28, 2010 6:50 am

(about Nova Scotia) "It's gorgeous, it's ya know Latin for New Scotland so..."
Random audience member: "WOOOO!!!"
"Hahahaha LAAAATIIIIIN!!!!! *fist pumping*"
"Ross mumbles something incomprehensible..."
"Yeah, yeah was that, was that like the Pope or something?"

(about Leonardo DiCaprio)

Ross: "Did you have any sort of a crush on him when you were younger?"
*Ellen hilariously turns her body almost completely sideways*
Ross: "I had a bit of a crush on him..."
Ellen: "Yeah, yeah I-I'm you know there may have been at some point been some kind of a picture in someone's locker but um..."
Ross: "Do you tell someone like that that ya know when you first meet them?"
Ellen: "Oh yeah of course that's the first thing I say..."
Ross: "Did it come out at all?"
Ellen: "No, no, please, please don't tell ahhhh a lot of people watch this... it's in England, it's in England so he won't watch this..."

I do find it funny to hear Ellen admit to having a schoolgirl crush on Leo, must've been a dream come true to work with him.

A lot of people I know seem to think Jonathan Ross is a bit of a prick, but I think he's a fun interviewer, mixes it up a little, throws in some "British humor" and is always very quick to compliment his guests. Love how there's always a minute or so in the interview when he just starts joking around with whoever's on, his interview with Radiohead cracks me up every time too.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, Jonathan Ross' show was always great, but every other appearance he made on British television would either end in controversy or people generally hating him.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 29, 2010 12:30 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Yeah, Jonathan Ross' show was always great, but every other appearance he made on British television would either end in controversy or people generally hating him.
Well I'm not aware of such matters, all I know of is his show which I love, but I guess that explains why so many people think he's a prick.