Ellen doing commercials for Cisco Systems

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 06, 2009 8:26 am

Ellen is featured in three short commercials for Cisco Systems introducing new technologies. It would be interesting to know why the company has chosen her for these ads :jolly:

Ellen Page learns how the people of Lunenburg use video technology to keep their small town safe.
http://videolounge.cisco.com/video/town-hall/

Ellen Page travels with school children in Lunenburg to a classroom in China, in less than 30 seconds.
http://videolounge.cisco.com/video/field-trip/

TelePresence enables Ellen Page to visit a doctor in Denmark from an office in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
http://videolounge.cisco.com/video/the-doctor-is-in/
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 06, 2009 8:53 am

Those are hilarious! Ellen is a great, but completely unexpected choice for that sort of commercial. I wonder where they got the idea, and I wonder what it took to get her. The Lunenburg NS part probably played a big part for her. :yes: And I must say the MG Midget is somehow rather fitting. :biggrin:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 06, 2009 1:29 pm

This is so funny! I just watched 30 Rock and saw her in the first one. It's probably since they'd just done a product placement of the cisco video conference.

I was very surprised since I hadn't seen this post yet. :lol2:

BigBigBill
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Nov 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Haha, Laura. The same happened to me. I was watching 30 Rock, which I hardly ever do. But good thing I was. I was surprised I hadn't even heard about this! It was a nice surprise!
When she opens her mouth, the universe comes out.

rburton1228

Nov 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I just finished watching all of them. I really liked the commercials, and I thought they were awesome. I think my favorite one has to be the class room with her and the kids. Just the dumbfounded smile she has admist them is priceless. You know this kind of stuff used to be the thing of science fiction, but looking how far technology is coming, its all becoming a reality. Thanks for sharing those Dominik.

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Really funny! Good point, Milo. It may have taken a lot to get Ellen Page to do those, but maybe she really appreciated what Cisco is doing, and wanted to do them. Maybe.
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Those were fun.

rburton1228

Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey Dominik, will you soon be posting these on the main page so others will get to see them first hand?

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 06, 2009 11:59 pm

rburton1228 wrote:Hey Dominik, will you soon be posting these on the main page so others will get to see them first hand?
They're up on the main site now.

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Nov 07, 2009 5:40 am

That was very unexpected. Thanks for positing these. :)
I'm also curious about why Ellen decided to do these commercials. :noclue:

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 07, 2009 8:02 am

after watching those and before coming on to the message board i was thinking that it would be cool to actually see those commercials in america (i figured they were only in canada). But its great to know that they're airing here too! coo!

Kevin Kumar-Misir
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 07, 2009 12:58 pm

A Cool Note:

Jeremy Akerman is the Doctor in the "The Doctor Is In" Video. Jeremy Akerman is an actor who was in "Pit Pony" as 'Mr. Frawley' and also he was in "Trailer Park Boys". Also he has worked in some of the productions I've worked for!

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

Thanks for posting Dominik :totalhappy: I agree with Milo, I was also very surprised to see EP in these kinds of commercials (or commercials at all really :noclue: ).
miKe wrote:I'm also curious about why Ellen decided to do these commercials. :noclue:
Ditto! I very nice surprise indeed though :yes: And they are a quite amusing.
Kevin Kumar-Misir wrote:A Cool Note:
Jeremy Akerman is the Doctor in the "The Doctor Is In" Video. Jeremy Akerman is an actor who was in "Pit Pony" as 'Mr. Frawley' and also he was in "Trailer Park Boys".
A very cool note indeed. I've talked to Milo about this before being that a lot of the same people seem to work on the same projects in Canada. But nice connection pick up there Kevin K :thumbsup:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 10, 2009 6:42 am

Awesome commercials :super: Cannot believe I actually liked watching commercials :biggrin:

These ads are really well-made....and so cool to see Ellen branch out.

Would be cool if she could do an ad for Fantasy College Blitz :biggrin:

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 10, 2009 6:44 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Would be cool if she could do an ad for Fantasy College Blitz :biggrin:
:laugh: Very cool indeed UCF :twinkle:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey I have never watch so many commercials in my life in the past few days :D

The best one is definitely the school kids one. Loved the "Arrested Development" style flashback with the field trip at the farm (did Alia have any influence on that?).....and the look Ellen had when they linked the Lunenburg class with the Chinese class....all the "Ni Hao" ("hello" in Chinese...in case you are wondering)

The other commercials are excellent, too.....and love the sharp MG Midget Ellen drove (and kept in pretty good shape for a car at least 30 years old....loved those MG Midgets when I was younger).

Wonder if Justin Long had any influence with Ellen doing these commercials :D "hey Ellen, oh yeah, its cool to do computer commercials" :D

I guess we are all a little surprised with Ellen doing commercials....but, I like it that she is diversifying into other things....and, these are really good-quality commercials.