Television schedule

Topics about the great Canadian actress

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jul 15, 2010 11:57 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Hey everyone :waving: Have not been able to post too much this week....getting ready for another trip...woo hoo

Just wanted to mention....Ellen is scheduled to be on Craig Ferguson (Late Late Show) on Friday (actually early Saturday morning on the East coast)...it airs 1230AM eastern time. I am pretty sure it is Friday nite.Saturday morning....

Ferguson is a trip...so I am really looking forward to Ellen's appearance. His interviews are usually quite good...and his heavy Scottish accent add a different vibe to his show :D
Craig is far and away the most entertaining late night host, if you "get" him, which not everybody does. It airs at 12:35am Pacific time as well. I think people sometimes forget that all the late night shows are filmed in the middle of the afternoon and then broadcast that night at the mercy of local programmers. Sometimes. Other times an interview will actually be taped on another day to accommodate schedules and then added to a show.

The only think I've ever liked about Leno is his car collection, his show has always been a bit lame in my opinion. Definitely try and watch the CraigyFerg appearance though. :)
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 16, 2010 2:36 pm

bluetoes591 wrote: The only think I've ever liked about Leno is his car collection, his show has always been a bit lame in my opinion.
I never really liked Leno either, I pretty much stopped watching the Tonight Show when Johnny Carson left.

Ellen looked really good on Leno last night and a couple of the things that Jay said seemed to make her uncomfortable, although she handled it great. The story about yelling at her ex-boyfriend in her sleep was pretty funny.

The Ellen episode of Jonathan Ross is on my cable tonight at 6:00PM.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Craig Fergison: Much better than the event on Leno. She looked outstanding as usual. She made the audience laugh more than the host. No questions about Inception. Just a chat. It's too bad it was short. The rest of the show consisted of lame skits and a abundance of commercials.

She did say she didn't have a bf! :agreeing:
Ellen also seemed smitten by Craig. She appeared nervous and a tad excited. Maybe she has a crush on the host.

Jay Leno: She held her ground. Jay's stupid jokes "sexual tape" was shot down with a nice snap. I feel bad that she had to sit around and endure those two dolts from Pawn Stars. I can only image she wanted to get off that couch and head out.

It's funny to compare the two interviews. She was almost like two different people.

I'm tired from staying up until 2 am :whatever:

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jul 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Couldn't agree more with you guys.
LLS with Craig Ferguson is the best show for me.
Leno is quite weird/creepy in a non-entertaining fashion.

P.S. Is the ellen avatar thingy a requirement or what? :cheekygrin: :twinkle:
It's not that I don't try being polite, it's just that I fail most of the time.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Joro wrote: P.S. Is the ellen avatar thingy a requirement or what? :cheekygrin: :twinkle:
Welcome to the EPO board Joro :totalhappy: The Ellen avatar thingy is not a requirement - it just kind of happened :happybigeyes:
There is an off-topic area for new members here if you'd like to have a look:
http://board.ellen-page.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=380
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jul 18, 2010 12:34 pm

JimH wrote:Welcome to the EPO board Joro :totalhappy: The Ellen avatar thingy is not a requirement - it just kind of happened :happybigeyes:
There is an off-topic area for new members here if you'd like to have a look:
http://board.ellen-page.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=380
Thanks, mate!

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 14, 2010 2:28 am

Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray Story is on in Canada right now on cable - VIVA channel.

All Upcoming Times
Fri 8/13 6:00-8:00pm 92 VIVA
Fri 8/13 11:00-1:00am 92
Sun 8/15 10:00-12:00pm 92 VIVA

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Ellen was on CBC News Nova Scotia today and spoke out against the use of the controversial manure in Halifax. I will post the video tomorrow!
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 28, 2010 2:28 pm

If you'd like to catch Hard Candy on TV watch IFC tonight (USA) at 9:45 PM.
Hard Candy 9:45 p.m. (IFC) Edgy psychodrama about a teen (Ellen Page) trysting with a grown-up chat-room friend. R (2006)
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/20 ... dio_guide/

If you miss it tonight it's also on early tomorrow:
Saturday, Aug. 28 at 9:45 PM EDT
Sunday, Aug. 29 at 4:45 AM EDT
http://www.ifc.com/movies/313594/Hard-Candy

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 28, 2010 10:51 pm

JimH wrote:If you'd like to catch Hard Candy on TV watch IFC tonight (USA) at 9:45 PM.
Hard Candy 9:45 p.m. (IFC) Edgy psychodrama about a teen (Ellen Page) trysting with a grown-up chat-room friend. R (2006)
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/20 ... dio_guide/

If you miss it tonight it's also on early tomorrow:
Saturday, Aug. 28 at 9:45 PM EDT
Sunday, Aug. 29 at 4:45 AM EDT
http://www.ifc.com/movies/313594/Hard-Candy
Absolutely perfect. I was telling my friend about Hard Candy last night and he really wants to see it. I'll see if he has IFC. Thanks!

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 29, 2010 2:37 pm

TV (USA) Movies: Aug. 29-Sept. 4 http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10241/1082950-67.stm

Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray Story '03. Thora Birch. Living on the streets, a teenager returns to high school, earns her diploma and gets a college scholarship. (2:00) LIFE: Sun. 1 P.M. (CC)

Whip It '09. Ellen Page. Stifled in her mother's world of beauty pageants and conformity, a rebellious teen finds purpose and liberation in the ranks of a Texas roller-derby team. (PG-13) (1:50) MAX: Tue. 10:10 A.M., 8 P.M., Sat. 5:50 P.M. (CC)

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 29, 2010 2:53 pm

"Juno" will premiere on German Television today :cheekygrin:

August 29, 2010 @ 20:15 - RTL

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Aug 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Dominik wrote:"Juno" will premiere on German Television today :cheekygrin:

August 29, 2010 @ 20:15 - RTL
Mmm nice opportunity for me to improve my Deutsch. Hopefully we have RTL here :rolleye:

Edit: Unfortunately not happening. Damn storm -.-

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Aug 30, 2010 4:59 am

hah. Saw Hard Candy again. I've been bugging a couple friends of mine to watch it. It was IFC as posted above. My buddy was too scared to watch it with the volume up. He was expecting something totally different. When his gf came into the room, he would twitch nervously. Got through it fine and he liked it. Called it "grim" which is expected.

also as usual, i couldn't get away from EP if I tried. I stumbled across HC while visting Boston. I don't normally read the newspapaer..but did...sheeze.

btw met Shaq in Harvard Sq. He was doing promos.
Last edited by AddisonTea on Aug 30, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 6:59 am

Thanks for the TV updates :)

Dominik....RTL...isn't that Radio Television Luxembourg? Is that their German language channel

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 30, 2010 8:10 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Dominik....RTL...isn't that Radio Television Luxembourg? Is that their German language channel
That's correct. RTL Television (formerly RTL plus) is a German commercial television station, which is part of the Luxembourg-based RTL Group. :no1: Unfortunately, the station doesn't have the best reputation because it has so much bullshit in its daily program. :sweating2:

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 31, 2010 7:28 am

Dominik wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Dominik....RTL...isn't that Radio Television Luxembourg? Is that their German language channel
That's correct. RTL Television (formerly RTL plus) is a German commercial television station, which is part of the Luxembourg-based RTL Group. :no1: Unfortunately, the station doesn't have the best reputation because it has so much bullshit in its daily program. :sweating2:
Cool :super: Now, I can still remember when listening to Radio Luxembourg was a big thing.....oh man showing my age.... :laugh:

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
Dominik wrote:
Cool :super: Now, I can still remember when listening to Radio Luxembourg was a big thing.....oh man showing my age.... :laugh:
Would you like a cane to shake at the kids skateboarding on the sidewalks? :laugh:

Just thought as a little reminder, if you live in a country where Netflix is available, the following Ellen movies are available for instant streaming.

The Stone Angel
Mouth to Mouth
Wilby Wonderful
Marion Bridge
I Downloaded A Ghost
Pit Pony

I should really watch all of these eventually...

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 31, 2010 8:02 pm

HeartHer wrote:Just thought as a little reminder, if you live in a country where Netflix is available, the following Ellen movies are available for instant streaming.

The Stone Angel
Mouth to Mouth
Wilby Wonderful
Marion Bridge
I Downloaded A Ghost
Pit Pony

I can vouch for the Netflix streaming. Easy access to some of Ellen's harder-to-find work. :brightly:

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Glee Plane wrote:
HeartHer wrote:Just thought as a little reminder, if you live in a country where Netflix is available, the following Ellen movies are available for instant streaming.

The Stone Angel
Mouth to Mouth
Wilby Wonderful
Marion Bridge
I Downloaded A Ghost
Pit Pony

I can vouch for the Netflix streaming. Easy access to some of Ellen's harder-to-find work. :brightly:
And now with it streaming to my computer, TV, and iPhone I really have no excuse not to see them all.

Also the first 3 seasons of ReGenesis are on hulu.