Ellen's Facebook/Twitter

Topics about the great Canadian actress
Post Reply
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Dec 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I like her consistent song of the day postings. A lot of fans probably have some overlap with her music tastes, so it's a great way for Ellen to interact with them.
Image
User avatar

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 669
Joined: May 02, 2009 1:30 am
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Dec 19, 2010 3:06 pm

I've listened to some of Ellen's music and its safe to say that we have nothing in common musically. I prefer my music heavier and faster. :)
Image
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 6:03 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote:I've listened to some of Ellen's music and its safe to say that we have nothing in common musically. I prefer my music heavier and faster. :)
I am probably more in the group "not much common musically"....but its cool to see her selections. I think today she actually had some old Genesis from their prog-rock days (Peter Gabriel). I would not mind if she slipped in some classic country or classic soul once in awhile :D
Image
User avatar

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan
Posts: 166
Joined: Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 7:01 am

i'm finely tuned to her type of music. I just do not like peaches.
User avatar

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 8:52 am

My taste matches hers in that we both have pretty eclectic choices, usually a bunch of lesser known indie bands, and we both love Radiohead. The bands only occasionally match ones I like, but the general style is actually a pretty close match. I haven't tried listening to this Peaches character yet, I'll have to check it out later. Something gives me a feeling I won't like it much, but what the hell it could surprise me.
User avatar

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies
Posts: 408
Joined: Jul 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Peaches' song on the Whip It soundtrack 'Boys Wanna Be Her' blew me away so I'm confident.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.
User avatar

SueAnn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Posts: 19
Joined: Dec 08, 2010 7:49 am
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 8:36 pm

I love how this topic went from not being sure if the Facebook page was really Ellen, and someone reporting it..to the question being answered by her confirming that it is really her, and everyone is talking about it. :)
Idk if this was already said or not, because I didn't read every single post, just the first and last page..but I think that an agent of Ellen's set up the page for her, but Ellen updates it from time to time. So I think that is why it seemed confusing as to the time frame the page was created, and what Ellen was doing at that time. And as for the updates..you would be surprised by how quick it is to update Facebook, even if you are busy on a set or something, especially if you can access Facebook through a phone or something. I've been on a movie set before, as an extra, and although it was a long busy day, there were still breaks, and I had time to text a few people back and forth for a little while, and the stars had a little bit of time to do the same, or go on Facebook or something, lol. :longtongue:
Image
User avatar

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm

SueAnn wrote:I love how this topic went from not being sure if the Facebook page was really Ellen, and someone reporting it..to the question being answered by her confirming that it is really her, and everyone is talking about it. :)
Idk if this was already said or not, because I didn't read every single post, just the first and last page..but I think that an agent of Ellen's set up the page for her, but Ellen updates it from time to time. So I think that is why it seemed confusing as to the time frame the page was created, and what Ellen was doing at that time. And as for the updates..you would be surprised by how quick it is to update Facebook, even if you are busy on a set or something, especially if you can access Facebook through a phone or something. I've been on a movie set before, as an extra, and although it was a long busy day, there were still breaks, and I had time to text a few people back and forth for a little while, and the stars had a little bit of time to do the same, or go on Facebook or something, lol. :longtongue:
In short the topic went from "Ellen's Facebook?" to "Ellen's Facebook" :p. I've never understood the suspicion either, it's not like Ellen, or for that matter any other actor, is shooting a movie every minute of her life, and even when she is she has some downtime on set. It just goes with the whole idolization of famous people we see these days. It seems people forget that we are all human, and actors aren't machines who can work all day and do nothing social in between.
User avatar

SueAnn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Posts: 19
Joined: Dec 08, 2010 7:49 am
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

Dec 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Amen to that, HeartHer. I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Image
User avatar

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Status: Offline

Dec 21, 2010 9:37 am

SueAnn wrote:Amen to that, HeartHer. I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Thank you, thank you. :bowing: :lol2:

-- Dec 21, 2010 1:37 am --
GiveHimTheKick wrote:Peaches' song on the Whip It soundtrack 'Boys Wanna Be Her' blew me away so I'm confident.
Oh that's by her? Well then I'm a bit more confident in trying her out, I liked that one.

Have you been posting lately Ben? It might just be me but I haven't seen you around much.
User avatar

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies
Posts: 408
Joined: Jul 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Status: Offline

Dec 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Mmmm, I've been busy with Mock Exams but I now they're out of the way. I'm pretty much the silent member atm, just stalk topics and type things when I need to ;)
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.
User avatar

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 669
Joined: May 02, 2009 1:30 am
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Ellen was asked once whether she had a MySpace account and she said that was just not her. I think that's why we all doubted if her FB was really her.
Image
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 3:11 am

@EllenPage

If you are on twitter, you can follow her above account. All evidence points to this being actually real.

I'm definitely very excited that Ellen has joined Twitter! :D :D
Last edited by Dominik on Feb 22, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated Twitter name
Image
User avatar

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 666
Joined: Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 5:49 am

Glee Plane wrote:@EllenPage

If you are on twitter, you can follow her above account. All evidence points to this being actually real.

I'm definitely very excited that Ellen has joined Twitter! :D :D
Definitely looks real: confirmed by James Gunn (@JamesGunn), Steve Agee(@TheSteveAgee), Nathan Fillion(@NathanFillion) and Rainn Wilson(@Rainnwilson)- so cool :happybigeyes: Thanks Glee Plane - looks like she gave us a birthday present :saycool:
Last edited by JimH on Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Ellen's Twitter name.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)
User avatar

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 2129
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 6:16 am

Hope she will still be on Facebook :D
Image
User avatar

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja
Posts: 4118
Joined: Nov 16, 2008 7:05 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Hope she will still be on Facebook :D
Me too, I'm not a Twit either.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.
Image
User avatar

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 761
Joined: Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 9:30 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Hope she will still be on Facebook :D
Me too, I'm not a Twit either.
She can do what Rainn does, hook her Twitter up to Facebook and kill two birds with one stone. I'm convinced Rainn has not even once looked at his FB.
User avatar

x-must
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner
Posts: 62
Joined: Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 9:52 am

HeartHer wrote: kill two birds with one stone.
That's right!
hey
User avatar

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies
Posts: 408
Joined: Jul 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Been waiting for this for a long time... all I can say is; TOUCHDOWN!
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.
User avatar

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian
Posts: 504
Joined: Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
Location: D.C.
Status: Offline

Feb 22, 2011 2:15 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Hope she will still be on Facebook :D
Me too, I'm not a Twit either.
There's a very good chance she will be using both, since her 270,000 Facebook "likes" is 10 times more than her current 27,000 Twitter followers.
Image
Post Reply