Ellen's Facebook/Twitter

Topics about the great Canadian actress

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 01, 2011 2:00 am

harzer_knaller wrote:3 awards are better than none. :D
(If I'd been part of the Academy's jury I'd nominated Ellen - every goddamn year xD)
Didn't it end up with 4? Pretty sure it did. That's great, but the fact that it didn't win best original screenplay nor was Nolan nominated for best director. The Oscars are a joke now that the old men in the academy are stuck in the past.

And yeah I'd nominate her every year too, and she would've won for at least Hard Candy and Juno, maybe a few others too.

harzer_knaller
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

4? Well, I didn't watch the whole award show. Only like the first 10 minutes^^
I would create an academy award which would be designed just for Ellen do win. Something like "Cutest Actress Of The Year". :D

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I always refuse to say Marion Cotillard's name in public because she STOLE Ellen's Oscar. It's always been a fantasy of mine that they give Ellen an Oscar like 5 years late for Hard Candy. HEY! We can dream...

I recorded the actual show and spun through it all. Wally Pfister winning Best Cinematography was easily the highlight.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 02, 2011 2:17 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:I always refuse to say Marion Cotillard's name in public because she STOLE Ellen's Oscar. It's always been a fantasy of mine that they give Ellen an Oscar like 5 years late for Hard Candy. HEY! We can dream...

I recorded the actual show and spun through it all. Wally Pfister winning Best Cinematography was easily the highlight.
Well Freeheld is practically begging to be called Oscar bait. Freeheld is a classic triumph of the human spirit story, so I can see her easily winning for that. Her performance in SUPER may end up being the best of the year but it's practically the anti-Oscar film.

Marion Cotillard was briliant from what I saw of that movie, but Ellen's performance in Juno was so genuine that I to this day don't know how they turned her down. I'm guessing it had a lot to do with age.

-- Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm --
harzer_knaller wrote:4? Well, I didn't watch the whole award show. Only like the first 10 minutes^^
I would create an academy award which would be designed just for Ellen do win. Something like "Cutest Actress Of The Year". :D
Psh we don't need to make that category for her. She should win best actress like it's nothing, she doesn't need any special categories :longtongue: .

harzer_knaller
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am

HeartHer wrote:
harzer_knaller wrote:4? Well, I didn't watch the whole award show. Only like the first 10 minutes^^
Psh we don't need to make that category for her. She should win best actress like it's nothing, she doesn't need any special categories :longtongue: .
Then I'd stick a note to the Oscar saying: "+ Cutest Actress Of All Time <3"
But somehow I think my judging is biased when it comes to Ellen...

eld_nip

Mar 25, 2011 3:50 am

Oh, I never thought the Ellen is now in twitter for quite long time. Maybe because I didn’t used to check my mails and visit forums within a couple of months so I was not able to get updates regarding Ellen. But any way thank you for that post.

Try our............. with ..........
Last edited by JimH on Mar 25, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You cannot use URL's in your signature - please see board rules

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 26, 2011 6:17 pm

WOW I got a direct Twitter reply from Ellen! This will probably rank up there as one of my best days ever. :D :biggrin: :totalhappy:

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

@Glee Plane: Woot! Woot! :totalhappy:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Mar 27, 2011 12:03 am

nice man. saw that today. i think it's easier for her to get back to fans via twitter.

Buyhercandy
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Apr 10, 2011 2:31 am

C'mon guys, the juggling. Best. Post. Ever. Now i want to see more soccer skills and maybe some bmx type shit like that scottish guy on utube.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 10, 2011 2:51 am

Buyhercandy wrote:C'mon guys, the juggling. Best. Post. Ever. Now i want to see more soccer skills and maybe some bmx type shit like that scottish guy on utube.
There are three recent posts on this in "Anything and Everything - April 2011":
http://board.ellen-page.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=751

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 11, 2011 2:36 am

Looks like she's moved on to Twitter for the most part. Perhaps a name change to "Ellen's Facebook/Twitter" would be in order? I'm actually astounded at how often she tweets.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 16, 2011 2:42 pm

HeartHer wrote:Looks like she's moved on to Twitter for the most part. Perhaps a name change to "Ellen's Facebook/Twitter" would be in order? I'm actually astounded at how often she tweets.
Well, Twitter is a pretty powerful resource for someone in her position with over 100,000 followers, plus she probably has more free time than usual right now. I would expect her Twitter activity to decline when she starts working on the Woody Allen project.

VersitileEllen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Apr 20, 2011 1:12 am

Yeah I am happy she joined twitter!

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 20, 2011 1:44 am

Just a reminder that we are now using Ellen's Facebook/Twitter thread for current discussion on Ellen's social networking.

I have merged "Ellen has joined Twitter for real" into this topic.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

May 05, 2011 5:15 am

Ellen just Tweeted about a new "Degrassi" podcast with Steve Agee and Cassie Steele
EllenPage Ellen Page
Just did a podcast with the lovely @cassandrasteele very real and honest. @steveagee and I are very grateful. #degrassi

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 05, 2011 6:44 am

JimH wrote:Ellen just Tweeted about a new "Degrassi" podcast with Steve Agee and Cassie Steele
EllenPage Ellen Page
Just did a podcast with the lovely @cassandrasteele very real and honest. @steveagee and I are very grateful. #degrassi
With all the Degrassi talk and show quotes....wonder if we will get another Crappy Canadian Thanksgiving from Ellen :biggrin: This time they could eat Canuckophile Steve Agee :laugh:

Love the podcasts.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

May 05, 2011 8:08 am

Should we begin taking bets on when she makes a guest appearance on Degrassi?
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

May 05, 2011 12:50 pm

JimH wrote:Ellen just Tweeted about a new "Degrassi" podcast with Steve Agee and Cassie Steele
EllenPage Ellen Page
The podcast is here: http://uhhhpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-46

Talk of Ellen and Cassie being on Degrassi at about 40 minutes in :)

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Just listened to it, another great podcast. :)