If you had the chance to...

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
wakarimasu
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Feb 28, 2009 8:56 pm

if you had the chance to write a screenplay for Ellen, what kind of movie would you figure out to write?

thereoncewasabug
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Mar 01, 2009 6:04 am

Snow Crash? The writing is hilariously exaggerated and I think Ellen would make a badass Y.T.

Unfortunately I don't think the book would translate to the screen very well.
-"The things you do wrong, they haunt you." "Nah, I mean I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans could I get into?"
-"When is it acceptable to use our power and when do we cross that invisible line that turns us into tyrants over our fellow man?" "Silencio, old man!"

Carlo Von Sexron
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Mar 02, 2009 7:47 am

As a writer, I've given more than a little bit of thought to this subject. I've actually written about 20 pages of a script I'd love to see her star in, but I've kind of hit a dead end with it lately. I'm pleased with much of it, but it's a lot of random scenes that are out of sequence and I have yet to bring it all together. It's sort of a love story, I guess, heavily influenced by guys like Richard Linklater, Kevin Smith, and a little bit of Cameron Crowe (I'm a big fan of all those guys). I don't want to say too much about it, because it's not copy-written and I don't want my stuff ripped off from me (not that I don't trust you guys, but well, anyone in the world can read this board, so it's not so safe). I have no idea if anything will ever actually come of it anyway, but maybe someday you'll see it, and maybe Ellen will actually be a part of it. You never know.

I also thought about writing something with a part for her and Lauren Graham, because I'd really love to see those two work together, but I haven't had many specific ideas for it, at least none that didn't just sound like "Gilmore Girls" with Ellen as the daughter (not that that wouldn't be awesome, but I'd want to do something more original). So there's really nothing concrete there.

At any rate, I've really been meaning to get back into writing something soon, so stay tuned...
"We danced in graveyards with vampires till dawn
We laughed in the faces of kings never afraid to burn..."

Topic author
wakarimasu
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Mar 04, 2009 8:44 pm

you know what? I got the feeling she didn't get offered many decent roles lately, that's why she slowed down her acting activity and has nothing scheduled in the near future besides Jane Eyre.

raculfright13

Mar 06, 2009 1:37 am

it would be a slasher movie :laugh:

Mic_Tester
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Mar 13, 2009 2:54 am

She would star in a movie I'd like to call Jane Rambo.

She would play the role of the most bad-ass woman in the history of movies.
"As soon as someone is identified as an unsung hero, he no longer is."

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 13, 2009 8:58 am

Kinda different....but would love for Ellen to play a villain in a James Bond movie. :D

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm

yeah, she's played too many lovable characters. She needs to play someone you can just hate.

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Mar 18, 2009 3:16 am

I would love to see her cast as a serial killer. Sounds weird, but something along the lines of Mr. Brooks...?
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 27, 2009 2:01 pm

It would be cool to see her as a Patrick Bates type character. But NOT like American Psycho 2 or anything.
Or a vampire. It's hard as HELL to make a good vampire movie but if they do something like Ann Rice it would be good. Idea! Jane Eyre meets Underworld? HA!

Lensman319
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Aug 27, 2009 11:59 pm

I totaly agree Chelsea, she would make a great Mr.Brooks-style serial killer in a movie. :blueangry: