Will Ellen Be At 2009 Oscars?

Topics about the great Canadian actress

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard if she will there tonite....

She was in LA for the Indie Spirit Awards, so wondering if she will be at Oscars

Reportedly the Oscar show is not releasing the names of who will be at the show or who will be presenting awards...so maybe Ellen will be one of the presenters?

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feb 22, 2009 7:56 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Just wondering if anyone has heard if she will there tonite....

She was in LA for the Indie Spirit Awards, so wondering if she will be at Oscars

Reportedly the Oscar show is not releasing the names of who will be at the show or who will be presenting awards...so maybe Ellen will be one of the presenters?
I doubt it, but let's just wait and see! :yellowink:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Dominik wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Just wondering if anyone has heard if she will there tonite....

I doubt it, but let's just wait and see! :yellowink:
I hope she is there, Dominik :wink:

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 22, 2009 11:41 pm

I hope she isn't. Hahaha. That sounds awful. I'm SERIOUSLY considering banning the Oscars this year. Well not really banning it but just wanting to say "you suck now!" First Robert Downey Jr gets a nom then my friend texts me saying that Zac Effron and Vannessa Hudgens...(is that her name?) are performing.
But if I knew she was going to be there I would watch the entire thing just in hopes of getting a 2 second clip of her smiling and clapping from her chair or something. HA.

Leif
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 23, 2009 6:14 am

Watched the whole thing... no Ellen :(

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 23, 2009 6:24 am

Yet Miley Cyrus got her invite. *shakes head* Nothing against her..but she's not even a film actor!

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Feb 23, 2009 6:47 am

I'm willing to bet that Ellen was invited, she probably just didn't feel like going. Who knows? :noclue:

Actually the bit with Zac Effron and Vanessa Hudgens performing wasn't bad at all. It was in a whole musical type number mainly performed by Hugh Jackman and Beyonce. It was pretty enjoyable.
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

imamarshmallow

Feb 28, 2009 2:16 am

I'm probably a little bit late by posting this (well...actually really late) but anyway, I thought I saw Ellen (or someone who looks a lot like Ellen) right behind Angelina Jolie.
I would have said I was 100% sure but I didn't see any photos of her at the Red Carpet, which would be weird, except if she didn't want to do the whole Red Carpet hoopla and pose for photos (which is plausible)
Well you can check it out on this video
2009 Oscars Best Actress Award Winner Kate Winslet speech at the 4:58 mark when they're focusing on Angelina Jolie, you can see her on the left hand side.
What do you guys think???

TheHaydenFragments
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 28, 2009 4:31 am

She certainly looks like Ellen, whoever she is, but it's not Ellen unfortunately. :(

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Feb 28, 2009 4:48 am

Doesn't look like Ellen at all. :noclue:

And besides, we know she was celebrating birthdays with Drew Barrymore that night in another city.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

imamarshmallow

Mar 01, 2009 7:36 am

Ooops sorry I had no idea that she was somewhere else that day :godown:

Maybe I wanted her to be at the Oscars so bad that I ended up thinking it was her :unbelieving:
to my defense the Oscars were pretty long so I must have been kinda sleepy :biggrin:

Ashkan

Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm

i hope she be there . let`s see how is her movies in 2009 . but i`m sure one day she will won oscar and golden golbe award