500 things you've learned from Ellen Page and her movies

Topics about the great Canadian actress

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 08, 2010 7:03 pm

293. The bees are vanishing :( http://www.vanishingbees.com/B/Home.html

294. Democracy Now is an excellent source of news and journalism http://www.democracynow.org/
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 08, 2010 8:38 pm

295. The best way to tell someone your pregnant is to move an entire living room set to their lawn and stick an unlit pipe in your mouth.

296. Next to the "raw power" of Iggy & the Stooges everything else seems a bit precious in comparison.

297. Babies comes out not covered in viscera, but blood and guts.

298. Hamburger phones are just like really awkward to talk on.

299. Dogs are farty (think mine already taught me... And the one right next to me just taught me again).

300. There's too much to learn from Ellen and her movies, so we need to try for 500!

-- Aug 08, 2010 11:42 am --

301. Sonic Youth is just noise (FALSE)

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 08, 2010 9:26 pm

302. 2012 is the time for change and take better care of the planet. :agreeing: http://2012timeforchange.com/site/index.html

303. Haruki Murakami writes novels which are fantasy, but instead of feeling like some strange surreal world, feel very honest.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Woohoo going for 500, ballsy :). There's no other Ellen related news at the moment so this is kinda the only thing to talk about here. My posts per day count alone was higher than the number of posts yesterday :lol2:.

304. It's possible to be a huge animal rights activist without being a vegetarian (great for me, can't stop eating meat but I feel guilty), and it comes down to things as simple as what brands you buy.

305. Louis XIV was the first person to eat meals in courses.

306. If someone does not like the food you made it is appropriate to offer to shove it up their ass.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 09, 2010 12:10 am

307: Ghosts of Victorian era prostitutes like to steal make-up and play with microwaves.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 09, 2010 6:37 am

308. Bishops make a good dream token

309. Leo DiCaprio hates hearing about Halifax

310. They actually film movies in Shreveport

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:308. Bishops make a good dream token
I thought Ellen was using a pawn though, :uhoh: - which changes the symbolism - :laugh:
Now I have to go to see Inception a fourth time to look for it and check it out :totalhappy:

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 09, 2010 4:00 pm

311. She seems to only fall in love with clones, dudes that can freeze things or awkward Minnesotan boys with gold shorts.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 09, 2010 6:33 pm

JimH wrote:
I thought Ellen was using a pawn though, :uhoh: - which changes the symbolism - :laugh:
Now I have to go to see Inception a fourth time to look for it and check it out :totalhappy:
Definitely a bishop... then again maybe I need to go a 3rd time myself just to check too :lol2: .

312. "I'm taking an SAT prep course" is a fail proof way to trick your parents into giving you time to do anything you want, which may or may not be roller derby.

313. Kick ass indie music, particularly Kimya Dawson, is an excellent supplement to a kick ass quirky indie comedy.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 09, 2010 11:09 pm

314. When planning your week, you may plan Tuesdays-Thursdays and Mondays-Wednesdays, but never the weekend.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 09, 2010 11:15 pm

JimH wrote:
Jim, you don't need to watch it a fourth time. It's indeed a bishop. A pawn is much smaller than the figure shown in the movie :yellowink: I should know this because I played chess at school for several years :brightly:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Dominik wrote: Jim, you don't need to watch it a fourth time. It's indeed a bishop. A pawn is much smaller than the figure shown in the movie :yellowink: I should know this because I played chess at school for several years :brightly:
Well I do, of course, trust that you're right, but ........ I think I'll have to force myself to go one more time, just to check for sure :yellowink: :cheekygrin:

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 10, 2010 6:06 am

JimH wrote:
Dominik wrote: Jim, you don't need to watch it a fourth time. It's indeed a bishop. A pawn is much smaller than the figure shown in the movie :yellowink: I should know this because I played chess at school for several years :brightly:
Well I do, of course, trust that you're right, but ........ I think I'll have to force myself to go one more time, just to check for sure :yellowink: :cheekygrin:
And I'll go again just to make sure you don't see it wrong :lol2:, perfect excuse to go again.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 10, 2010 7:09 am

JimH wrote:
I thought it was a bishop...it looked big for a pawn. :D

Edit: Thanks Dom...I thought it was a bishop :super:

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 10, 2010 7:38 am

315. Bishops and pawns are apparently difficult to distinguish :lol2:. :)
316. Winter is exciting because you get to wear sweaters.
317. Great actresses attract great fans (yes you people :totalhappy: ).
318. Vanishing of the Bees is playing in Venice, CA tonight, 7:00pm - 10:30pm at The G2 Gallery, 1503 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA, and somewhere in New York, NY tomorrow which is named in a link my computer won't open. Just thought I'd pass on info from her Facebook page ;) .
http://www.filmlinc.com/wrt/gs/vanishing.html
319. Kurt Vonnegut is an amazing author, been told by teachers but I don't trust THEM :sassy: .
320. When I tell people that fake sugar is dangerous, I'm not just talking out of my behind.
http://www.alternet.org/food/147476/ame ... ame_change

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Aug 11, 2010 6:10 am

Just for reference on 318., EPO has an event calendar which Dominik recently updated with the "Vanishing of the Bees" showings:
http://www.ellenpage.org/calendar/index ... te=2010-08

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 11, 2010 6:40 am

JimH wrote:Just for reference on 318., EPO has an event calendar which Dominik recently updated with the "Vanishing of the Bees" showings:
http://www.ellenpage.org/calendar/index ... te=2010-08
Oh I saw it on her Facebook, guess I'll check the calendar now, I wanna see it at some point, but it seems to be avoiding me, I leave to go to New York right after it shows in New York, and right before it shows 20-30 minutes away in Venice :laugh: .

Also since I mentioned Mark's age earlier, after watching Juno yet another time, making this 4 in a month, I caught a little problem. The song was released in 1972, yes? Mark claims that it's older than he is. He also says he danced to it at his senior prom, which would make him 18 or at youngest 17 when he danced to it. He says "This is how we did it in '88" which would put his birth year at 1970 or 1971. Hmmm, curious, especially since the song was not only released in '72 but recorded only a few months prior to release. Oh well, humans make mistakes, guess it just makes him all the more of a human character, perfect for the movie :lol2: .

321. If you are attractive and become a famous actress, men from all over the world will write poetry on your Facebook page professing their love for you. True story, and all the Canadians say "PSH please you don't even live in the same country as her" :laugh: .

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 15, 2010 3:20 pm

322. You can't be away from Halifax for more than 2 months
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 15, 2010 3:45 pm

^^^ Listening to that interview as we speak.

323. There's nothing more awesome than going home to your favourite cafe drinking fair-trade coffee with a book!

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 15, 2010 4:03 pm

324. Kissing Ellen does not draw attention away from you
325. When someone tells you "Don't think about Ellen Page", you do think about her