The 'Sally Menke' connection (R.I.P.)

Psychological thriller about a quiet bank clerk

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sep 29, 2010 11:08 am

I think most of you read that Quentin Tarantino's long time editor Sally Menke died from heat stroke while hiking in the Hollywood Hills on Monday. Just a few minutes ago, I've found this information on IFC:
Menke's last credited film may be Michael Lander's Ellen Page-Cillian Murphy drama "Peacock," which debuted on home video earlier this year, but she also came in under the radar to help with reshaping Michel Gondry's "The Green Hornet," which will be released in January. (Collider spoke to Gondry earlier this year about her influence.) As the woman known for crafting such truly memorable endings, it is a truly sad end, but her influence will surely live on.
Isn't this world a small place? :(
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Very sad news. She was a great editor and will be missed. My condolences to her family and friends.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I've been a massive fan of Tarantino's movies for years, so naturally I was very saddened by Sally's untimely death. Had no idea until now that she edited Peacock too though, she really was one of the front-runners in her field. Very sad.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Well I'd never heard the name, but as both Tarantino and Avary (his usual writer) spent their teenage and early-20s years working here in the South Bay I've always had huge respect for them and anyone who works with them. R.I.P., I guess I'll buy Peacock in honor, even if I've heard some meh things about it.