Noam Murro Directing Die Hard 5 (Smart People Director)

Page, Quaid, Church and Parker in one movie

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Post by UCFRdWarrior » Feb 14, 2011 6:32 am

Since there was not a general news thread for SP...put this as a new thread

Noam Murro, the director of Smart People, landed a plum directing job with Die Hard 5, which Bruce Willis returns as John McLane.

The last installment of the series, Live Free or Die Hard, made nearly 400 million.

A big Yippeee-Kyy-Yaaayyyy for Noam Murro. This will be only his second full length film

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74094

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Post by Glee Plane » Feb 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Congrats to Noam Murro! I thought he did a good job with Smart People, Die Hard 5 will be a different challenge.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Post by GiveHimTheKick » Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm a seriously hardcore fan of the Die Hard series and when I heard his name I first thought "EEEPPPPICCCC!" but then suddenly "Hang on, he's never done action before..." but then I noticed he had directed the Halo adverts (the ones which were surprisingly realistic) so now I believe he is perfect. Hopefully more people will watch Smart People because of it.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Post by AddisonTea » Feb 15, 2011 7:55 am

very odd mix. Smart People was filmed with a lot of dark casted landscapes. I can't belive there will be another Die Hard. Will Mary Elizabeth Winstead be in it as well? :longtongue: